PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bow Grip of Marksmanship questions.

Well, I've recently come accross a
    Bow Grip of Marksmanship (+1 Marksmanship, 20% chance while using skills.)

Now. I know all about the "Higher marksmanship, higher damage potential" thing.
    I usually keep my marksmanship at 12, so if i get that 20%, it will go up to 13.

However, my questions are:

Does any skill trigger the +1 Marksmanship? or only skills in the marksmanship line?
    So if i spam quickshot (in the "no-attribute" line), will it trigger the +1 Marksmanship?

Also, how lon does the +1 Marksmanship last?
    1 minute? 30 seconds?
    until the next Marksmanship-linked-skill used?
    until the next skill used?

also, i would like to ask the GWonline population, what do you think about the Bow Grip of Marksmanship. is it worth using? etc.

A bow grip of marksmanship bonus can trigger on all skills I believe...

I think it just activates for that skill alone. It will last out the entire length of the skill it activates on, but if one skill activates it and another doesn't, even though they overlap time-wise, the only skill it will be active for is the skill that activated it.
    Last edited by ChaosJester; 18-09-2005 at 14:09.

Should work with any skill and for that one skill only, the game does a roll every time you use a skill.
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

squido

doesnt it affect every shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    Should work with any skill and for that one skill only, the game does a roll every time you use a skill.
    out of curiosity, doesnt markmanship increase the chances of a critical strike and/or damage a bow does? Its just that i've been using a max dmg halfmoon and when i dun have any preps or enchantments on i can see plenty of 40+ damage done(i'm on level ground with the creatures). so does that mean the game will roll on every shot?

Quote Originally Posted by squido
    out of curiosity, doesnt markmanship increase the chances of a critical strike and/or damage a bow does? Its just that i've been using a max dmg halfmoon and when i dun have any preps or enchantments on i can see plenty of 40+ damage done(i'm on level ground with the creatures). so does that mean the game will roll on every shot?
    No it's only when a skill is used. It's not like +1 to marksmanship makes a huge difference and would change the normal damage you see, and it increases the total critical rate by around 1.5% if i remember well, so you would get nearly the same critical rate with or without that +1 marksmanship and nearly the same damage, it's not something you would easily notice.

It's the best bow grip if all you care for is damage and you use skills like Barrage that can benefit a little more from marks. IMO, i might very well be wrong, it only applies when you use Marksmanship skills. I don't think it works with QS. Altough i might be wrong there, as i have no fact backing this up it's just that it's how every other 20% +1 mods work afaik.

One way to find out would be to spam QS on a 60 AL target with absolutely no mod and see if somehow you can get a critical that is above the normal critical in something like 100-150 QS shots. If you have something like a N/R sustaining QZ and keeping BiP on the ranger so he can QS every hit, it wouldn't be long to test. If after 150 hits you never managed 1 hit above the normal critical i think it just doesn't apply. Usually you'd have 1/5 chances of +1 marks and around 1/4 chances of critical at 16 marks so 1/20 hits approximately should be a crit over normal damage crit and if you didn't get one in 100-150 hits it just won't happen.

It's a grip i use sometimes, as i said mostly if you go for barrage builds or interrupt builds (lots of marksmanship bow skills spam) and you want a little extra damage. If someone can prove that it applies on QS activation, i might use it in QS builds too, but currently i prefer a +30 hp.

Your weapon skill level does effect your criticle hit percent but as has been said, the grip only comes into effect when you use a skill. The grip works with any skills that you use, so a QS build would indeed benefit, however the extra percentage damage you get is kinda neglable for bow damage alone. It helps alot more when your using a damage skill or Favourable Winds.
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

IMO stick with Health + 30. But then again, I like to stick with quantifiable benefits on my weapons and not probabilistic ones. (20% chance. No guarantee of it activating therefore, and even if it does it's an insignificant benefit.)

yes, I agree with you, but remember, If your a ranger, and being attacked in GvG/HoH, your situation probably is:

1: Your team is dead
    2: You are doing something stupid to make them realize you.

I hope i'm in none of the situations, and therefore go for the offensive-based grips... so not fortitude, OR defense...

enchanting... is sort of a 50/50 thing... so marksmanship was the last one I could go... unless they add some kind of bowgrip

"Bow grip of piercing", +10% armor penetration at 10% chance or something :/

any offensive bow grip > defensive ones.

most bow grips ARE defensive

Quote Originally Posted by Reikai
    2: You are doing something stupid to make them realize you.
    Or you are just so effective at your job in the team that the other team realizes what you are doing.