PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Player B

Wish to adjust Shatter Hex/Enchantment mechanism

Feel frustrated if your protective spirit (prot 16) is dispelled by shatter enchantment (dom 0) in PVP or PVE? Even there is not much damage dealing by shatter enchantment in this case, it will be live or dead to the people with prot spirit at the moment. Moreover, the effectiveness of one spell acting against the other spell should be relied on the different between their attributes.

I wish they will consider to change the dispel mechanism and make it more reasonable. For example,
    By failure
    The shatter hex/ enchantment and similar sort of spell will fail if the attribute of the spell less than a figure, say 5, to the target's spell attribute. e.g. A mesmer (domination 8) can't shatter enchantment a monk's protective spirit (protection 14). For both attributes of same level, there will be 50% fail. Each point of different means 10% of successful/failure rate.
    By casting time
    Lower attribute need longer casting time against higher attribute's spell, say 0.2s for each difference in attributes

This is just my thought when playing in Grenth's path. I get sick of those summit mesmers/necro who are default with maxed attribute( 16 or even more ?) for all of their skills and spamming shatter hex/enchantment.

Actually make enhancement removal weaker than it is now? Really bad idea. Also if it worked that way it would favor cookie-cutter builds with 16/13 attributes. Removal spells are already conditional (if someone doesn't use enhancements you have useless skill on your bar) and slow-charging when compared to many spammable enhancements.

Relying on one particular build and not adapting to differant scenarios is a good way to become frustrated quick. There are some areas where enchants make all the differance, and others where it's useless to use them. Adapt and learn.

Your idea about attribute differance also wouldn't help you in Grenth's Footprint, because as you said, all the dwarves have 16 attributes. Since you have unlimited attribute refunds now, my suggestion is to evolve a differant build for the area if protective spirit isn't working for you.

I think there needs to be more balance on the removal of enchantments in the PvE aspect of the game.

I can accept the very quick removal of maintaned enchantments. But the nearly instant removal of the non maintained enchantments is extremely annoying as a protector/healer. With any other profession it is very easy to shift your build to one that does not use a single enchantment.

I'm not saying make monk extremely easy to play. But it would be very nice to see some chance of failure when remove'n non maintained enchantments.

Just keep like that. My enchant removal got a Recharge of over 30 sec... And your enchant can be recast under this 30 sec... So dont make it sliower so the monk will laught a us.... Necromancer are supposed to Debuff ppl and we got only 2 spell that are very slow cast... And one of it, we are taking damage from monk enchantment....

As a protector myself, i will have to... disagree, strongly. Protective spirit: casting 1/4, recharge 5. Yea, so he removed your protective spirit, well, he wont be able to do that anytime soon agin, because of the recharge time. Also, lern to enchantment stack, its really a good thing to know.

I also disagree with the OP. For one... it would add confusion to the already fast paced combat, especially in pvp. "I cast Strip Enchant. Hmmm he still has enchants on him... Did I get countered? Is my strip not high enough? I don't know."

Also... you'd make it harder for Secondary professions to disenchant enchantments cast by a primary profession simply because they can't get their attribute that high if they wanted to.

Forgot to mention PvP :) I have no complaints with the way things are for it.

Enchantment stacking is common sense. It does not work effectively.

Spend 5 energy to keep a 10 energy working. Better off going with a 5 energy pure heal. It would work IF the mobs had to recharge their enchantment stripping skills. But they do not seem to have that limit. Even if you use something to disable the ability to strip enchantments they will cast it long before the time limit should allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sui
    Enchantment stacking is common sense. It does not work effectively.

Spend 5 energy to keep a 10 energy working. Better off going with a 5 energy pure heal. It would work IF the mobs had to recharge their enchantment stripping skills. But they do not seem to have that limit. Even if you use something to disable the ability to strip enchantments they will cast it long before the time limit should allow.
    Hmmm.... I haven't noticed this. I've never encountered creatures whose skills come back faster than normal. Seems more likely that there is more than one enchantment removal skill at work and/or more than one creature casting.

Spellbreaker is a beautiful thing. So is Maelstrom. So is Choking Gas. Combine some of these types of skills with enchantment stacking and your problems are solved for PvE.

If it's so easy to get rid of enchantments, how do you explain the CONTINUING solo smite runs and 2 or 3 man fissure runs even after the nerfs and tweaks?

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Joke
    As a protector myself, i will have to... disagree, strongly. Protective spirit: casting 1/4, recharge 5. Yea, so he removed your protective spirit, well, he wont be able to do that anytime soon agin, because of the recharge time. Also, lern to enchantment stack, its really a good thing to know.
    I agree. I think there is a good deal of balance maintained between enchanting and stripping. If anything, it's the guy doing the stripping that's got it harder. As a monk/mesmer, I find it's harder to keep a particular enchantment off of the enemy than it is to keep one on an ally. Working on these titans in the titan quests, I find that if I want to keep any certain enchantment "off" of them, I have to equipe two different skills because skill recharge for the enchants are faster than the strippers, especially good strippers like drain enchantment which also helps with energy management.

Conditions also seem pretty balanced. A second or two to poison, a second or two to take it off. Same with bleeding. Hexes suck! I don't have enough skill slots to deal with them. I just have to wait till they end unless they induce a condition.

There are plenty of things to be unhappy with in the game but Anet did put a lot of thought and work into what we have now. I for one can see it.

Once again, just my two cents.