PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thoth Aman

Peace and Harmony Problems

This is a really good idea for an elite spell, but in practice, it just doesn't work for me. I currently have 12 levels in divine favor, so the spell lasts for about 72 seconds. Or at least its supposed to. Sometimes it just disappears at random, if I use an enchantment spell (like Healing Breeze of Divine Boon), or if I'm interrupted. I'm quite sure that I'm not attackinig enemies or casting spells on anyone but myself and other party members. What's the problem?

Skills that dont target an ally like Divine boon, Zealot's Fire, Heal party, etc, make P&H dissapear, making it a pretty much useless elite since the last update.
    (some people thought it sucked even before, but I dont think anyone can really defend it now)

I have to say that's odd because a couple days ago I was on my Monk and noticed how I could use, say, Sprint (Mo/W), a stance that doesn't target allies, and it wouldn't disappear o.o

Perhaps I should do some further testing... are you sure it's not just being removed by something like shatter enchant though, or something like that?

Iksargo
    Quote Originally Posted by HonshuHigamori
    I have to say that's odd because a couple days ago I was on my Monk and noticed how I could use, say, Sprint (Mo/W), a stance that doesn't target allies, and it wouldn't disappear o.o

Perhaps I should do some further testing... are you sure it's not just being removed by something like shatter enchant though, or something like that?
    I'm pretty sure P&H says a spell that doesn't target an ally. Sprint is a stance, therefore it doesn't cancel P&H.

Went in game to test it out. Yup, looks like Blessed Aura cancels out Peace and Harmony ::(

Blah.

Quote Originally Posted by HonshuHigamori
    Went in game to test it out. Yup, looks like Blessed Aura cancels out Peace and Harmony ::(

Blah.
    Um...why would you cast Blessed Aura AFTER P&H? You would surely want it to affect your P&H duration.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I still find PandH very useful in PVE. I use it if I want to use divine boon. Only since the patch, you have to put divine boon on first. As long as you do that, and you don't attack, you're safe with your extra energy regen...at least until you meet a mesmer or a necro.

This is for all the guild monks that use Peace n Harmony as a staple in their builds. Just be aware of the changes:

Divine Favor:
    Blessed Aura
    Blessed Signet
    Contemplation of Purity
    Divine Boon
    Divine Healing
    Divine Spirit

Healing Prayers:
    Heal Area
    Heal Party

Protection Prayers:
    Aegis

Thats only the monk spells triggering the end of PaH. The end of PaH is now triggered by all stances/spells etc. where it doesn't say "target ally" or "target other ally" in the skill description.

Also, since I am a mes secondary, I tried to use hex breaker and it also triggered an end to Peace n Harmony. Just wanted the guild monks to be aware of the situation. There are probably more stances/spells/etc but I didn't test them all.

This is what I posted in our guild forums.....seems it is still applicable to newer monks or to those that just aren't aware yet.

As to why cast P&H before Blessed Aura....it is to keep an enchant removal from removing P&H vs the aura spell. Aura is way more easy to recast.

Belgeran
    Last edited by sparkyman; 27-09-2005 at 22:57.

I belive the function used to determine if a skill targeted another allie or now was used by both zelots and P&H... thus they changed zelots fire and inadvertently changed P&H... happends... perhaps they will change it back the way it was.

I said this same thing last time this topic came up.

If it's a spell that doesn't say "target ally" or "target other ally" in the skill description, it ends Peace and Harmony, no ifs, ands, or buts.
    Scott the Green, W/X | Scott the Happy, N/R,Me | Scott the Inept, Me/X | Scott the Farseeing, Rt/N,E | Scott the Hurt, Mo/A
    Scott the Physical, E/Me | Scott the Clumsy, A/E | Scott the Pacifist, D/Mo | Scott the Aimless, R/P | Scott the Quiet, P/N
    Scott the Burdened, mule | Sorka Nordentaller, female mesmer who doesn't match the naming scheme