PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what is the hardest area in the game?

...for a full (8 person) group of ascended/infused level 20 characters?

i have not been to sorrow's furnace, UW, FoW, or ring of fire. most of the southern shiverpeaks map is fogged-over for me as well - i've only done the missions. i am curious about what lies ahead for me.

I have never been there myself but I think UW is the hardest.

FoW is kinda hard, but it really depends whith whom you are playing.(as usual.. I had easy runs with guildies. And 30 seconds runs with inexperienced players.)

Sorrow Furnace is not that hard.

I've only been to UW a couple of times, but I think it's a fair deal harder than FoW.

My longest surviving team got wiped out twice by 4 Ataxes and 2 squid (can't remember their names). The hardest part of course is getting everyone to follow orders and having the tanks (if you brought any) form a good wall so that the casters don't scatter.

If you've never seen an Atax...think of a Charr..but uglier and with heavier damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jander Blackstar
    If you've never seen an Atax...think of a Charr..but uglier and with heavier damage.
    Actually think Mintours...

And id say the UW is the hardest area. An unorganised group can at least survive for awhile in SF or FoW, try the same in the UW and you'll die at the first group of enimies...
    | Malkieth Darkfrost - lvl 20 Necromancer\Elementalist (ascended) |
    | Kyleane Coldlight - lvl 20 Warrior\Ranger (ascended) |
    | Alycia Moonbreaker - lvl 8 Elementalist\Ranger |
    (Owned all 13 sets of Warrior armour at once. See the full collection here)

Without any doubt: UW...

Indeed without any doubt UW.
    The shortest I've lasted there with an unorganized group was less then a minute (somebody got the first quest before we cleared the room -_-)
    The longest time was about 3 hours, but then again, that was an organized PAL run :D

UW and FoW are meant to be the hardest overall area's of the game. Fissure is made easier because of a few "Tricks" as well as having an easier time when first entering. Compared to the aataxes, those first few mobs are like ice-statues in the sahara!

However, after the aataxes and grasping darknesses. the underworld is not much more difficult than fissure, with the exception of those mesmers which spawn in larger and larger groups!

But, what would be the actual Hardest part - not whole area?

For me, it would be Dreadnoughts from the lornars pass side. With so many Arcanists coming from the left and so many stone-summit to the right, i find the only tactic is to run for your life....to the right of course!! especially since the arcanists are a patrol that roams all the way throught the large group on the right!
    Support the site! - Become a PAL

-= Mickey Of The Basin =-

UW is definetly the hardest area. Though that being said, a well organized group that uses teamwork effectively makes it a hell of a lot less difficult. Any area is easier with a group that knows how to work together. :happy34:

Underworld /Chaos Planes ;)

Durring the Time i was making the Underworld Map i went down there with serveral teams some die after 5min. some quit after 6h (we felt a bit sleepy). The biggest part of the map-exploring i did with the exact same ppl. Even then, with same skills as before we got killed at the Chaos planes. :surprise: one wrong move, one team m8 dead in the wrong moment and all can die. The other areas in UW are "easy" when you found out how to do it.

Hardest Quests in GW for me are "the 4 horseman"/"ice king" in underworld and since the update also the "defend Kryta" quest.

Quote Originally Posted by AFreez
    Underworld /Chaos Planes ;)

Durring the Time i was making the Underworld Map i went down there with serveral teams some die after 5min. some quit after 6h (we felt a bit sleepy). The biggest part of the map-exploring i did with the exact same ppl. Even then, with same skills as before we got killed at the Chaos planes. :surprise: one wrong move, one team m8 dead in the wrong moment and all can die. The other areas in UW are "easy" when you found out how to do it.

Hardest Quests in GW for me are "the 4 horseman"/"ice king" in underworld and since the update also the "defend Kryta" quest.
    Defend Kryta is easy, try The Titan Source, after you completed those 3 Defend quests, im still stuck with that stupid source
    And yes, Underworld is hard with unexperienced people, but with trapping parties its just a lot of fun :clap: