PC Gaming News

where do you put your "Target Display" "Skill Monitor" and "trade Button" things?

Well, if you don't know what i'm talking about, i'm talking about customizing your interface.

anyway, Right now, I've messed up my interface. I have everything the way I want it... exectp the Target Display, Skill Monitor, and trade button.

I can't seem to find a good place to put them. I'm a ranger, so I need to know what skills I want to interupt, and which target i'm focusing on. (I can tell res sigs and the basic stuff w/o looking @ the skill monitor, however the rest I need to pick and choose carefully.) if anyone can tell me where they leave their's, it would be cool.

I usually don't change anything, but for interupting, I leave my skill moniter under the targets health meter, but inlarge it so the skills shown are about the same size as the skills in my skill bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirdan Ecthelion
    I usually don't change anything, but for interupting, I leave my skill moniter under the targets health meter, but inlarge it so the skills shown are about the same size as the skills in my skill bar.
    Same here. I just enlarge it so I can see the skill icon better and recognize what they are casting and when to interrupt.

I put my trade button along with my weapon slots in the top left corner. The skill monitor and target display are right at the bottom. you might think it makes playing more difficult, but I challenge you to try it. It keeps your eyes focused on one spot on the screen and improves reaction time after you get used to it.

I use the default settings and move the party window around, thats it. Its what I got used to after playing the game for a month or so before I heard you could change there position, but decided to stay with what worked.

The only complaint I have with the default interface is the location of the experience bar. I see people's screen shots and it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I find that the Target display and Skill monitor suit me better at the bottom of the screen, just above my Hp bar, so that it is close to my skill bar and just below the action of the screen above. This way my eyes dont have to dart from my Skills, my enemies skills, and the enemies animation onscreen.

This setup took me a while to get used to, but I like it. :happy05:

You could try the skill monitor in the center for an interesting twist, if you look at the center of your screen much.