PC Gaming News

Poll: So?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Garbad's FastFaction Build

Enjoy!

This build works great for grinding out faction in CA. I ran this build so much people started calling me a FactionBot. It is designed to handle all the healing and prot for a team and give you reasonable energy management. Your greatest weakness is warriors, but fortunately this is CA so you can kite the hell out of 85% of them. It would totally blow in GvG or tombs.

Monk/Mesmer

Divine Favor: 13 (11+2)
    Healing Prayers: 9 (8+1)
    Smiting Prayers: 2 (1+1)
    Protection Prayers: 9 (8+1)
    Inspiration: 9

Divine Boon (Divine Favor)
    While you maintain this Enchantment, whenever you cast a monk spell on an ally, that ally is healed for 64 health and you lose 2 energy.
    Energy:5 Cast Time:0.25 Recharge:1

Reversal of Fortune (Protection Prayers)
    For 8 seconds, the next time target ally would take damage, that ally gains that amount of health instead, maximum 54.
    Energy:5 Cast Time:0.25 Recharge:2

Orison of Healing (Healing Prayers)
    Heal target ally for 50.
    Energy:5 Cast Time:1 Recharge:2

Healing Touch (Healing Prayers)
    Heal target touched ally for 42 health. Health gain from Divine Favor is doubled for this spell.
    Energy:5 Cast Time:0.75 Recharge:5

Mend Ailment (Protection Prayers)
    Remove one "Condition" (poison, disease, blindness, dazed, bleed, crippled, or deep wound) from target ally. That ally is healed 44 for each remaining Condition.
    Energy:5 Cast Time:0.75 Recharge:2

Energy Drain [Elite] (Inspiration)
    Target foe loses 8 Energy. You then gain 2 Energy for each point of Energy target foe lost.
    Energy:5 Cast Time:1 Recharge:30

Inspired Hex (Inspiration)
    Remove a Hex from target ally and gain 10 energy. For the next 20 seconds, Inspired Hex is replaced with the Hex that was removed.
    Energy:5 Cast Time:1 Recharge:0

Smite Hex (Smiting Prayers)
    Remove a Hex from target ally. Enemies near that ally suffer 20 damage.
    Energy:5 Cast Time:1 Recharge:15

Enjoy!

Garbad
    Last edited by UndeadBehlial; 16-10-2005 at 18:31.

GWOnline.Net Member nightrunner's Avatar
    I'll give it a shot - I've been getting a bit tired of playing my inturrupt ranger.

Humm, I've just been running a Fi booner with

Remove hex --> Contemplation of Purity
    Infuse Health -- > Res Sig
    and
    Heal Other --> Mend Ailment

But you have to hope you dont face a competent hammer warrior.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Wtf??!? Gib Link To Bottxor Plz!?! Rofll!~~

where do i download the bot? you didn't include a link in your post.

Energy Drain* is such a bad energy management elite now, so it's not worth it on a Mo/Me. Inspired Hex is not hex removal, it's energy management. So is Energy Drain* + Inspired Hex better than Offering of Blood*? No. So you're better off as a Mo/N unless you want the extra enchantment of Mantra of Recall. Here's what I run in Competition Arenas, because Mo/ is the only role where you don't gimp your power for healing capabilities.

Monk/Necromancer/Mesmer
    12 + 2 Divine Favor
    8 + 1 Protection Prayers
    7 + 1 Healing Prayers
    8 + 0 Blood Magic/Inspiration Magic

Divine Boon
    Reversal of Fortune
    Guardian
    Signet of Devotion
    Infuse Health/Mend Ailment/Remove Hex
    Healing Touch
    Contemplation of Purity
    Offering of Blood*/Mantra of Recall*

Yeah, a little weak on other ally hex and condition removal, but in random arenas I've found you can power your team just through keeping them alive.

A boon healer doesn't really need to spec in healing. With boon, protection spells (Mend, reversal, guardian) are good enough for heals.

I'd also use Mantra of Recall, myself, for energy managment.

GWOnline.Net Member UndeadBehlial's Avatar

asdfasdf

I think a better title is more appropriate for these forums...

There is no bot guys. Linking a bot would get Garbad here a ban, and he knows better. Just being funny.
    Last edited by UndeadBehlial; 16-10-2005 at 18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Emalf
    where do i download the bot? you didn't include a link in your post.
    priceless heehee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris Of Gaul
    Energy Drain* is such a bad energy management elite now, so it's not worth it on a Mo/Me. Inspired Hex is not hex removal, it's energy management.
    Nah. I read that article on the other forums too, and he is still wrong.

The "nerf" only added 5 seconds to your recharge. It also made it more likely to give you max energy and gave you breaks. Not a huge nerf - the skill is still viable. Insp Hex is a handy energy management tool and combined with smite, can pull 7 hexes per minute with no net cost.

Your build does essentially the same things, but I prefer mine because of cast times.

Garbad

EDIT: Namehacked!?!? FactionBot is a great name for a random build -_-;

EDIT2: About pure prot... The reason I like to include a little heal is because 1) I'm not a big fan of gaurdian, 2) the other prot skills have too long of a recharge, 3) touch is so energy efficient, and 4) I wanted more spammable skills. One mistake on a diversion or a well timed spike can power through my proting.
    Last edited by Garbad_the_Weak; 16-10-2005 at 18:48.