PC Gaming News
Page 42 of 156 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1557
  1. #411
    Nice Mursaat Bow Stranger The Ranger.

  2. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by Facet of Strength
    Sundering isn't useless, Vampiric deals more damage ye.. but it has a conditional -1 health regeneration. Sundering is a unconditional damage additional.. not bad. Altough i prefer Vampiric on Horn Bows since they're used for Spiking alot.. but its someone's own oppinion.
    Sundering is not useless when defining useless to mean compared to nothing. However, Sundering is useless if you define useless to mean worse than many of the other bowstrings.

    Vampiric's -1 health regeneration is not existent if you count switching out the Vampiric Bow until you need it. The only time you would thus have -1 health regeneration is while attacking, but while attacking, you would be stealing enough health to counter the health lost. Vampiric is vastly more useful than Sundering (in my opinion, of course).

  3. #413
    I still see most people aren't customizing their bows. Tsk tsk.

    Customized max dmg White > Uncustomized max dmg 15>50 Gold

    If you buy a Gold bow for 100k+ cause it had 15% dmg, then I'd think it makes sense to make the most of it by adding an unconditional, additional 20% dmg to it for 10g. Now, if you say 'but what if I want to sell it?', then I say if you're buying something and thinking about selling it at the same time, then just don't buy it. The only thing I wouldn't customize is, of course, weapons with +% dmg fully unconditional because they were removed from the game, or the other few weapons that sell for 1mil+, simply because I'd have those for their rarity and not use. But I see people that use and don't customize even Green bows fer crying out loud. Or 13>50 and other imperfect stuff. I'll simply never understand.

  4. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel Ebih
    I still see most people aren't customizing their bows. Tsk tsk.

    Customized max dmg White > Uncustomized max dmg 15>50 Gold

    If you buy a Gold bow for 100k+ cause it had 15% dmg, then I'd think it makes sense to make the most of it by adding an unconditional, additional 20% dmg to it for 10g. Now, if you say 'but what if I want to sell it?', then I say if you're buying something and thinking about selling it at the same time, then just don't buy it. The only thing I wouldn't customize is, of course, weapons with +% dmg fully unconditional because they were removed from the game, or the other few weapons that sell for 1mil+, simply because I'd have those for their rarity and not use. But I see people that use and don't customize even Green bows fer crying out loud. Or 13>50 and other imperfect stuff. I'll simply never understand.
    Touché!

  5. #415
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel Ebih
    I still see most people aren't customizing their bows. Tsk tsk.

    Customized max dmg White > Uncustomized max dmg 15>50 Gold
    Usually I don't tend to customize my weapons, since I usually swap them between the 6 character I use (Execption being I use the weapon for farming, known none of my other character will never use the weapon or PvPing)

    PS Just realized the hornbow in my pic isn't customized since I just bought that bow(finally found a mursat bow for 10k ), and forgot to customize it

  6. #416
    Its really getting annoying how so many people like to make fun of people who use sundering. Honestly, we don't care about your opinion. You can use your own bow mods and we'll use our own. Its meaningless to try to put other people down for their choice in bow mods.

    If sundering is so worthless, then why does it remain the most expensive bow string in the game? Obviously there is enough of a demand for it that its price is high. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that. IMO, every bow string has its uses depending on the situation. We really need to make a thread on this so that we don't see another "eww, sundering" or "my 5/1 vampiric is 10X better than your sundering" or any number of comments I've read throughout the ranger forums.
    Last edited by winkgood; 21-04-2006 at 03:48.

  7. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by winkgood
    Its really getting annoying how every person and their dog likes to make fun of people using sundering. Honestly, we don't care about your opinion. You can use your own bow mods and we'll use our own. Its meaningless to try to put other people down for their choice in bow mods.

    If sundering is so worthless, then why does it remain the most expensive bow string in the game? Obviously there is enough of a demand for it that its price is high. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that. IMO, every bow string has its uses depending on the situation. We really need to make a thread on this so that we don't see another "eww, sundering" or "my 5/1 vampiric is 10X better than your sundering" or any number of comments I've read throughout the ranger forums.
    No one is deriding anyone using Sundering here...otherwise, there would be huge amounts of flaming. The people here are explaining quantitative logic with which people (with Sundering or not) might want to consider.

    And, those who say they prefer something over Sundering do not have Sundering, so your statement about "if you do not like it, do not buy it," is unnecessary (I would also point out that demand does not mean quality).

    For example, the people who say Sundering is not that great are not trying to lord it over anyone. Thus, those people are trying to present numbers that the people with Sundering might not have thought about.

    I agree though that tis all about preferences. If you like a certain bowstring, then that bowstring is the best.
    Last edited by Arctus Redryn; 21-04-2006 at 03:55.

  8. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctus Redryn
    No one is deriding anyone using Sundering here...otherwise, there would be huge amounts of flaming. The people here are explaining quantitative logic with which people (with Sundering or not) might want to consider.

    And, those who say they prefer something over Sundering do not have Sundering, so your statement about "if you do not like it, do not buy it," is unnecessary (I would also point out that demand does not mean quality).

    For example, the people who say Sundering is not that great are not trying to lord it over anyone. Thus, those people are trying to present numbers that the people with Sundering might not have thought about.

    I agree though that tis all about preferences. If you like a certain bowstring, then that bowstring is the best.
    Every instance of quantitative logic that I've seen has failed to consider all the factors involved. Just to give some examples... If you only carry one bow (as may be the case for many), then its not a good idea to use vampiric. Elemental may work well against warriors, but classes other than warriors often have extra elemental resistance, thus making sundering a more powerful damaging mod than many of the other mods.

    The simple calculations I've seen don't show anything. These same arguments apply to the +5 armor vs +30 health comparrison. The +5 armor users try their hardest to prove that theirs is better. I've seen pages of calculations that all completely ignore factors like degen or armor ignoring attacks.

    I don't side with any particular upgrade as my bow collection probably consists of about 30 different bows each with their own uses. The only problem I have is that I consistently see people putting others down for their choice in mods. If you want to dedicate a thread to show the advantages of a certain mod in certain situations, then be my guest. But please don't criticize other people's choices especially in threads like "Show off your ranger" or "Show us your bow."

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctus Redryn
    I would also point out that demand does not mean quality
    In the case of sundering, demand does represent quality as sundering is the most universal bow string which "works" in any situation. Given, its not great for specialized builds, but it is the best all around mod. This is why sundering is the most expensive and will remain the most expensive until it is replaced by something better in future chapters.
    Last edited by winkgood; 21-04-2006 at 04:22.

  9. #419
    Quote Originally Posted by winkgood
    Every instance of quantitative logic that I've seen has failed to consider all the factors involved. Just to give some examples... If you only carry one bow (as may be the case for many), then its not a good idea to use vampiric. Elemental may work well against warriors, but classes other than warriors often have extra elemental resistance, thus making sundering a more powerful damaging mod than many of the other mods.

    The simple calculations I've seen don't show anything. These same arguments apply to the +5 armor vs +30 health comparrison. The +5 armor users try their hardest to prove that theirs is better. I've seen pages of calculations that all completely ignore factors like degen or armor ignoring attacks.
    Comparing only Sundering and Vampiric, Elemental bowstrings do not enter the discussion. You bring up a good point about failing to consider all factors, but people do try to include as many factors as possible. In addition, your example is not valid, since nearly all justifications for Vampiric over Sundering have stated that you need to have two bows for the rationale to work. If you do not have two bows, then their argument does not apply to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by winkgood
    The only problem I have is that I consistently see people putting others down for their choice in mods. If you want to dedicate a thread to show the advantages of a certain mod in certain situations, then be my guest. But please don't criticize other people's choices especially in threads like "Show off your ranger" or "Show us your bow."
    Few people are trying to attack others for using Sundering. The mere fact that they are trying to explain to others what they think is better (which is still preference, of course) indicates their willingness to help.

    Quote Originally Posted by winkgood
    In the case of sundering, demand does represent quality as sundering is the most universal bow string which "works" in any situation. Given, its not great for specialized builds, but it is the best all around mod. This is why sundering is the most expensive and will remain the most expensive until it is replaced by something better in future chapters.
    Sundering does work in all situations, I will nae argue with you on that. However, you statement of Sundering being the best all around upgrade is highly debatable, and with two bows, in my opinion, Vampiric is better all around.

  10. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctus Redryn
    In addition, your example is not valid, since nearly all justifications for Vampiric over Sundering have stated that you need to have two bows for the rationale to work. If you do not have two bows, then their argument does not apply to you....
    Few people are trying to attack others for using Sundering. The mere fact that they are trying to explain to others what they think is better (which is still preference, of course) indicates their willingness to help.
    I spent a couple minutes searching through old posts in the ranger forums and these are the type of comments I am referring to:

    "No really, Sundering is useless. The only reason I see using it is replacing a bowstring that you dislike."
    "Ditch the non-vamp Drago's. Sundering is a horrible mod."
    "Sundering string = waste of money + useless"
    " ew sundering."
    "Better despite the ****ty sundering mod in Dragos"
    "The sundering 10/10 string is one of the worst..."
    "If you are going pure damage, go selll that Drago Crapbow cuz sundering is one of the most useless mod in game."
    " Very nice one. Too bad about the Sundering mod though."
    "Sundering is crap."
    "Sundering is the most useless (and overpriced) bow string ever."

    None of these comments are ones that I consider to be constructive nor do they fit into the category of "willingness to help." They are simply criticism. BTW, I have seen similar comments in all the forums, not just ranger. I've also noticed that the people posting their bows with sundering mods aren't specifying their bows as spiker bows or bows for the highest possible damage output. They are simply saying "this is my bow" without saying what its specific use is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctus Redryn
    Sundering does work in all situations, I will nae argue with you on that. However, you statement of Sundering being the best all around upgrade is highly debatable, and with two bows, in my opinion, Vampiric is better all around.
    I agree that vampiric is a lot more beneficial with damage dealing, but again, you have to bring a switch bow thus excluding vampiric from being an "all around" bow.

    Arctus, I honestly believe that you are sincere in your posts and have a desire to help people. Therefore, my original post wasn't directed at you, but at others who take it upon themselves to criticize without offering help.

    P.S. Ops, if you get the time, my lasts couple of posts as well as Arctus Redryn's posts would probably be more suitable for a separate thread. If you get the chance, please move these to a new thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •