PC Gaming News
Page 46 of 156 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel Ebih
    No, he means spirit spammer. It's a PvP build in which the Ranger is constantly putting up necessary spirits for the team, using Oath Shot to instantly recharge them for when they die or are taken down by the opposing team. Having a req 8 bow for example, will let you run this type of build while still being able to dish out a bit of damage by putting spare points into Marksmanship. With a high req bow, you might as well not even use the points because, since the build is not centered around Marks of course, you will simply not be able to meet the req.

Exactly. If you only ever run Marksmanship builds, then high requirement bows are the way to go because they are a lot cheaper. Now, if you run other, more varied builds, then low req bows are very useful. For example, I sometimes run a general PvE build that maxes out WS for damage insted of Marks, but even though they are not my main source of damage, I still need my arrows to add to it insted of just doing starter damage. My req 8 bows allow me to do this, but if I had a req 11+ I simply would not be able to work the build since it would just not be effective.
    most builds I run req high marksmanship... THe only exception is using my pet or trapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Namie

and if all u with Sundering string on Shadow bows didnt know
    ALL horn bows have built in armor penetration
    I think most people realize that horn/shadow/ivory bows have built in AP. Sundering does stack with it however and with a 10/10 mod on a horn bow you would effectively have a 10% AP always as well as an additional 10% chance to have another 10 AP. (So 10% chance of 20 AP). I only ever use a horn bow for spiking so vamp would be a good choice for it.

You may want to avoid putting zealous on your shadow bow. IMO, zealous is better left for the quicker bows like short or composite because it will allow you to make up for the -1 energy regen with a decent amount of energy gain from hits. Nice bows and dye combo on your fissure armor btw.

One question. How did you get a hearty black widow? I thought that evolution stopped if the pet was already to a certain level and the widow always starts at 20.

Quote Originally Posted by winkgood
    One question. How did you get a hearty black widow? I thought that evolution stopped if the pet was already to a certain level and the widow always starts at 20.
    The final evolutions are Hearty, Dire, and Elder. UW Spiders can come out as any one of these. It's just random.

Heres a tribute to my old ranger, Oneiric Arcanum, legendary for achieving many things people never believed one could achieve. This is a picture of her (on the right) in one of her happiest Moments with her Friends: Iridescent Moon and Lunar Effect. Oneiric Arcanum died in the early days of December 2005. That was such a sad moment when I noticed what I did by deleting her T_T

Ok, she was ascended, 15k black druids armor, many rare bows reaching from the shadow, eternal and storm bows to the Mursaat skinned horn bow. She was an excellent trapper, but was also very skilled in running people to various places all over tyria. She reached fame by solo trap defending the bases of GvG battles in guilds such as AoN (Alliance of Nations, leader, ranked in the high 200s) and SoA (Spawn of the Alliance i think highest rank was 192)

Working on her Ressurection though, shes getting along fine =)

and the reason i have zealous is for barragespam
    some ppl say it has to slow refirerate, but that is BS
    if u count the time it takes to use barrage, recharge, and everything u will see that the refirerate and everything falls in a perfect pattern
    unlike if u have a quick refire bow, u will start the shootinganimation then barrage is recharge in the middle so u stop and repull the bow to fire
    i hope u understand what im saying, and with zealous string u will never run out of nrg and be able to use concussion + DS without being low on nrg

15k studded pants
    Collector chest
    Druid's boots & arms
    Short Bow

Here's the Canthan 1.5K armor (many varieties - all look the same)

Here are the latest two additions to my collection. I've always wanted an Eternal and finally got one for a good price, and of course, the Platinum is fresh from Factions.

Oh and I got tired of wearing white so I just made this little color combo up which I'm liking a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel Ebih
    Here are the latest two additions to my collection. I've always wanted an Eternal and finally got one for a good price, and of course, the Platinum is fresh from Factions.

Oh and I got tired of wearing white so I just made this little color combo up which I'm liking a lot.

o.o bow..platinum bow.....*drools*

Celes bow is WAAAYYYY better.