PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secondaries

Secondaries

I just realized something: warriors go with any secondary...

monk: obvious choice, healing your basic meatshield or dealing holy damage with smiting, or becoming invincible with protection.

necromancer:raise an army of fellow tanks, heal your wounds while dishing out more damage, or debilitating your enemies before moving in for the kill.

mesmer:not an obvious choice, but can tank with domination, has great evasive moves with illusion, and inspiration is great for energy driven warriors.

elementalist:while energy can be a problem, fire works well at long range, where warriors are weak; wind is better for spiking single enemies, but gets the job done; earth is like tactics or protection prayers, and water works like curses.

ranger:fight witha fellow animal tank, long/close range with marksmanship, and healing and traps with wilderness survival.

Well, there you have it. Sorry for the long post, but I've proven my point :D feel free to comment, but please don't flame other peoples opinions.

The only thing I disagree with is being able to raise an army of meat shields as a necro secondary. You only have 20 max energy and 2 regen pips. You would not be able to summon many monsters because if you did minions or fiends that would take away almost all your energy with glads and other stuff on and then you'd have to find a way to get it back.

I disagree, for a warrior options are very limited with Elementalist, Mesmer, or Necromancer secondary. A warrior's base energy pool is just too low, and two regeneration pips isn't sufficient.

Sure, there is Gladiator's Armor, but that would already be making sacrifices to become something a warrior shouldn't.

As for Ranger secondary, damage output and speed just doesn't make the cut for me. Expertise really makes or breaks the effectiveness of a Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicada The Assassin
    Well, there you have it. Sorry for the long post, but I've proven my point :D feel free to comment, but please don't flame other peoples opinions.
    Is this a joke?

Also, do you know what constitutes proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubermancer
    Is this a joke?

Also, do you know what constitutes proof?
    there certainly are alot of trolls here, maybe that should be one of the new character classes in chapter 2.....

and FTR stance tank ele's with earth are pretty solid in pve

yeah. W/E with Earth Magic are pretty good tanks. Though I have no idea how they heal.. Gotta pump both tactics and earth magic? no idea..

And W/N isnt for raising an army, its for Curses and Blood magic.

I'm sorry, I haven't played all the combinations... It was just an idea... :(

GWOnline.Net Member
    I think a E/W is better than W/E. Plenty of energy to spare. When enemies are far away, cast fireball/flare....when in close combat, use war skills and cast flame burst or something like meteor shower...

GWOnline.Net Member
    I'm partial toward W/R and W/N in PvE.
    W/R can heal himself, and some no-penalty speed enhancing skill.

Warriors + conditions = dead duck.
    So a W/N's plague Touch comes in handy, since he's already in melee, he can touch anyone :D
    And the ever painful Mark of Pain. Especially when you're up against a large group. Sometimes you kill the surrounding foes before your own target :D

Most Elementalist skills that gives additional protection actually have quite low energy cost. Armor of Earth and Obsidian Flesh for example, both only cost 10 energy and don't cause exhaustion. Warriors that uses Ele skills that help in tanking shouldn't run into any energy problem with a adrenaline based build and/or zealous weapon upgrade with AoE weapon skills.