PC Gaming News

Thread: Essence bond

Essence bond

A question about essence bond....

If 2 monks in a group carry essence bond and they just happen to be FA farming....

Can essence bond stack from a different monk onto one warrior?...or can the warrior only have 1 essence bond at a time even though both monks have it..........?

Honestly, I don't know. But I theorize that yes, both monks essence bonds would be linked to a single buff on the Warrior. Reason being, a similar thing happens with Necromancers Life Siphon. If two necromancers use Life Siphon on the same person, they both get the life regeneration, but the single person doesn't take more degen damage.

What I'm curious about is if you remove the enchant/hex in either of these cases, both essence bonds/life siphons for both monks are removed, or if just the last monk/necromancer to use the skills essence bond/life siphon gets removed (Similar to how if you cast Life Siphon and then, say, Parasitic Bond on someone, and they cast Remove Hex on themselves, they remove Parasitic Bond and not Life Siphon).

GWOnline.Net Member
    I havn't done it recently but it use to stack, I don't know if it changed or not.
    Me and my friend would both use essence on stefen.

ok lets say 3 of ya have essecne bond ok. let the warrior tanks so he thorws it on himself. then the 2 monks thorw it on him. Now everytime that war gets hits everyone gets energy. Answer your ? it will stack on one person but only if others have it to throw. ( also you cann't stack essence bond on your self as in throwing it twice on yourself) Essence bond is really messed up alot fo monk skills are messed up atm. If you throw essence bond on that warrior ok you will gain energy from him when he gets hit. But if you also throw it on the other monk you wont gain energy from the monk when he gets hit. This is a bug. i saw it last night. I used to be able to have essence bond on the hole party b4 and gained hella energy in PVP. only enchantment busters got it. Bal-spirit works right but not essence bond. You only gain energy from the first throw wicth is wrong.
    Last edited by Zipples; 05-11-2005 at 19:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipples
    ok lets say 3 of ya have essecne bond ok. let the warrior tanks so he thorws it on himself. then the 2 monks thorw it on him. Now everytime that war gets hits everyone gets energy. Answer your ? it will stack on one person but only if others have it to throw. ( also you cann't stack essence bond on your self as in throwing it twice on yourself) Essence bond is really messed up alot fo monk skills are messed up atm. If you throw essence bond on that warrior ok you will gain energy from him when he gets hit. But if you also throw it on the other monk you wont gain energy from the monk when he gets hit. This is a bug. i saw it last night. I used to be able to have essence bond on the hole party b4 and gained hella energy in PVP. only enchantment busters got it. Bal-spirit works right but not essence bond. You only gain energy from the first throw wicth is wrong.
    Tested ingame.

Between this and your mythical 20 second recharge Aegis [and excellent grammar] I have to wonder - are you just making stuff up?