PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bloodstained Boots. Do they actually work?

I picked up a set of Bloodstained Boots from the armor crafter recently, but as far as I can tell, they don't really seem to improve the casting speed of my spells by much (if at all). Do they actually work? Or is it one of those items where the bonus is so miniscule that it only helps in situations where two necros cast the exact same corpse spell at the exact same time?

If the latter, I might dump the boots for aesthetic reasons. They look so out of place on my necro...

I always keep them on me. It doesnt make you cast faster, it only trigger the corpse first. So if you cast at same time as another necro, you will get i first.

Quote Originally Posted by IIIPowerIII
    I always keep them on me. It doesnt make you cast faster, it only trigger the corpse first. So if you cast at same time as another necro, you will get i first.
    Ah, so the item's description is misleading then. "Spells that target corpses are faster."

It should probably read "Your spells that target corpses gain a higher priority."

That's a shame, really. I was hoping for 1/2 second Putrid Explosions and stuff like that. :D

that what it do... It target the corpse first...

I'm pretty sure your spells are cast faster - there's no such thing as "corpse priority" - it's first come, first served. The difference in casting speed doesn't seem all that great, but even the smallest increase can be the difference between you having bone fiends or them having a well of suffering.

I always assumed that the boots provided the same increase in casting speed as the bonus on the staff

"Improves Casting Speed using Death Magic Skills (20% Chance)" - note theres is no mention of how much exactly the speed is improved

"Spells that Target Corpses Cast Faster" - except its not for a specific Skillset but for specific spells and since theres no percentage of chance this tells me this bonus is applied whenever you use a skill that targets a corpse.

When the 20%kicks in and the 2 stack you have some really fast casting going on.

BurningInWater
    what if two necros cast at the exact same time for the exact same corpse and you both have bloodstained boots?

Inque
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningInWater
    what if two necros cast at the exact same time for the exact same corpse and you both have bloodstained boots?
    The world explodes

depends who has t3 and who has dsl? =P

Quote Originally Posted by BurningInWater
    The chances of you both casting at the exact same moment are very slime with out computer aide. And factor that into the chance you both have the boots on is very low. Most Necs wont wear them unless their a MM and since all or most MM are in Sacrafice teams the Boots wont help much. So the chances of this situation actually happening is so slim that it's might have never happened.

BUT if it did I don't know so sorry for making you read all of that.