PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

Mantra of recovery - any ideas how to make a useful build using this

hi hopefully someone can help me. at the moment im bored to tears with all the current characters im playing so had a look at a list of elites to try make a build around and mantra of recovery caught my eye. it seems to have so much potential but i just couldnt make a decent build.

combining it with monk/elementalist seems best as they carry the most skills so i thought of spamming powerful spells you usually wouldnt but without dedicating an elite to energy gain or using another primary attribute i couldnt find anything suitable.

anyone had any luck with combining it with other spells

thanks

try pairing it with ether lord and use ether lord right before it ends ull get regen alot of recovery energy and your enemy will be ina energy degen state

as far as builds revoving around this skill??? i would just use it to support a build such as a ele nuker

Interrupts and Guilt/Shame
    Diversion/Empathy spam

I find MoRecovery to be too energy intensive for /ele fast cast nuking build unless you are going for PBAoE.

Drain Enchantment, Shame, Guilt, Energy Burn, Shatter Enchantment, Inspired Hex are good skills to go with it

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung
    Interrupts and Guilt/Shame
    Diversion/Empathy spam

I find MoRecovery to be too energy intensive for /ele fast cast nuking build unless you are going for PBAoE.
    thanks for your reply but unless im missing something neither 4 spells you mentioned would be reduced by mantra of recovery. maybe the answers to take out MOR :)

this was the build i came up with which may or may not work. anyways here it is

14 (10+1+3) fast casting
    12 (11+1) inspiration
    10 protection

mantra of recovery (elite)
    ether lord
    power drain
    vengence
    mend condition
    remove hex
    protective spirit

the idea behind this is a very fast cast vengence which can be maintained permanently or at least after the guy drops you can cast it straight away. plus will be fun to constantly keep troubled players alive with this then cut vengence when they misbehave.

normally hex removl is too slow to be effective but with fast cast and fast recovery its actually quite possible. and fast condition removal.

ether lord when ive run out of energy, followed by energy drain as soon as ive got to 5. then with the regen can carry on spamming hex removal, condition removal and protective spirit. plus energy drain is an interrupt so again useful.

protective spirit ideally continually on everyone but i dont think that will happen so id use that as my one skill to protect myself and then to help out monks. if were really getting beat on i could spam it on everyone using up all my energy giving monk time to get themselves sorted then start again.

i realise protection monk with monk primary may be better but i love protective spirit and love vengence and maybe this could work. any ideas on whether this line of thought is worth continuing.

i also understand enchant removal wrecks protective spirit but this is mainly for PVE as i dont think its competitive enough for PVP, and spirit could be subbed for another skill

Why they won't be shorten? They are all spells none of them has a stolen effect either.
    Guilt and Shame has a 30 sec recharge which is pretty long normally, but with MoR you can cut that down to 15, and the two spells if trigger pretty much pays for itself and can net you energy in return.
    Diversion got nerf a while ago, its cast time and recharged were extended, with MoR you can potentially spam it again.
    You usually want your interrupts ready when you need it, MoR can cuts their recharge time so they will be ready when you need them again in quick session.
    Empathy...well empathy is a pretty handy to have around plus 10 energy isn't too expensive.
    Last edited by Dammerung; 13-11-2005 at 01:31.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung
    Why they won't be shorten? They are all spells none of them has a stolen effect either.
    Guilt and Shame has a 30 sec recharge which is pretty long normally, but with MoR you can cut that down to 15, and the two spells if trigger pretty much pays for itself and can net you energy in return.
    Diversion got nerf a while ago, its cast time and recharged were extended, with MoR you can potentially spam it again.
    You usually want your interrupts ready when you need it, MoR can cuts their recharge time so they will be ready when you need them again in quick session.
    Empathy...well empathy is a pretty handy to have around plus 10 energy isn't too expensive.
    **edit** i must be getting confused then. do both hexes and enchantments count as spells then. i know the descriptions say hex spell and enchantment spell but i thought it was stricter than that. if it does include hexes that opens up waaaaaay more options :D
    Last edited by O Chief; 13-11-2005 at 03:14.

Quote Originally Posted by O Chief
    **edit** i must be getting confused then. do both hexes and enchantments count as spells then. i know the descriptions say hex spell and enchantment spell but i thought it was stricter than that. if it does include hexes that opens up waaaaaay more options :D
    Yes. All Enchantments and Hexes are spells.

Non spell skills would be those labeled as Skills, Signets, Attacks, Stances, Shouts, etc.

Mantra of Recovery Running Build

Here's a build I've been using for quite a while. It's not a combat build, but rather a mesmer running build.

FC 16
    Water Magic 12

Mantra of Recovery [Elite]
    Armor of Mist: For 18 seconds you gain 34 armor and move 33% faster.

This takes some getting used to but it's really, really fun. If you hit both MoR and Mist at the same time, then cast mist again as soon as it recharges, it will recharge quickly both times (Mantra will be on its way shortly after you cast mist the second time.) By the time mist recharges again, Mantra will either be recharge or close to recharged so you can instantly activate both again. The fun part is that there's a few seconds overlap for Armor of Mist, so you can be running 33% faster permanently. Due to the long durations of both skills, this combo actually requires very little energy. In fact most of the time your energy will be full.

For areas where things like to remove your enchantments I suggest taking one or two covers with you (I generally go with channeling, conjure frost and water attunement).

For areas with high hex-usage I generally take a few inspiration hex removers and hex breaker.

Go nuts, my bretheren.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimastrike
    Here's a build I've been using for quite a while. It's not a combat build, but rather a mesmer running build.

FC 16
    Water Magic 12

Mantra of Recovery [Elite]
    Armor of Mist: For 18 seconds you gain 34 armor and move 33% faster.

This takes some getting used to but it's really, really fun. If you hit both MoR and Mist at the same time, then cast mist again as soon as it recharges, it will recharge quickly both times (Mantra will be on its way shortly after you cast mist the second time.) By the time mist recharges again, Mantra will either be recharge or close to recharged so you can instantly activate both again. The fun part is that there's a few seconds overlap for Armor of Mist, so you can be running 33% faster permanently. Due to the long durations of both skills, this combo actually requires very little energy. In fact most of the time your energy will be full.

For areas where things like to remove your enchantments I suggest taking one or two covers with you (I generally go with channeling, conjure frost and water attunement).

For areas with high hex-usage I generally take a few inspiration hex removers and hex breaker.

Go nuts, my bretheren.
    oooooooooooh now theres an interesting build. thats perfect, would like at least some form of running build to get guild members a lil bit further.

anyone got any critique for the build i posted before. unfortunately my characters stuck in yaks bend at the moment with no money and i havent played mes before so cant really figure out if it would work.