PC Gaming News

Illusionary Weaponry and...

Judge's Inisght? While browsing another forum I ran into a build listing where the mo/me were running IW and had JI. Does this actually work in the case of IW?

Judge's Insight
    Skill. For (Min: 8 - Max: 20) seconds, target ally's attacks deal holy damage and have +20% armor penetration.

I always assumed in the case of JI the damage was dependent on actually hitting the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexed Arcanist
    Judge's Inisght? While browsing another forum I ran into a build listing where the mo/me were running IW and had JI. Does this actually work in the case of IW?

Judge's Insight
    Skill. For (Min: 8 - Max: 20) seconds, target ally's attacks deal holy damage and have +20% armor penetration.

I always assumed in the case of JI the damage was dependent on actually hitting the target.
    Even if it did combine (and it doesn't), what would 20% armor penetration gives to a skill that IGNORES armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Patccmoi
    Even if it did combine (and it doesn't), what would 20% armor penetration gives to a skill that IGNORES armor?
    No clue on the purpose behind these skills selected for the build I was reading, perhaps they were considering running the 2 concurrently, but IW generally lasts long enough for that not to be so useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexed Arcanist
    No clue on the purpose behind these skills selected for the build I was reading, perhaps they were considering running the 2 concurrently, but IW generally lasts long enough for that not to be so useful.
    Well, 2 things:

1) he was using JI on another ally

2) he is kinda clueless on how IW works.

My vote goes for 2, but 1 is always possible ^^

As a follow on question, will Strength of Honor boost IW?

He was clueless evidently as he just responded in that other forum. He also had Strength of Honor, oddly enough? :confused:

JI and strength of honor do not affect a person using IW.

I don't know what this guy was thinking.

Lets just be nice and assume he was useing it to support others and as a cover enchantment for himself :P.