PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Annoying popups....

Fire Emblem
    Path of Radiance

I see that thing pop up every single time I load any page on these forums.. Covers the entire middle of my screen and it's starting to get very annoying...

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind adds - I know you guys have to pay your bills somehow... But come on, it pops up in the middle of our screen every single time we load a page, and stays there for like 20 seconds unless we close it at the top right.. very annoying to say the least. I just got done going through atleast 25 pages of 15k armors and that thing popped up every single time.

I guess this post is kind of asking the site admins to consider other forms of advertisement that don't hender people from actually seeing or doing things on the site. I mean, I could fix it really easily by just disabling flash when I want to come to this site but that's a chore to do for just one site. :/

I have never actually gotten a popup on any of the forums in this community. What browser do you use? Perhaps you should switch to Firefox if you are not already using it since it tend to stop ALL popups.

the stupid "fire emblem" ad does indeed come up every single time a page loads. I'm using Firefox, but the ad will still comes up on my screen every once in a while. And yesterday I actually LEFT the forums in mid thread because some ad was having trouble loading and the rest of the page did nothing. I was just sitting there with a blank screen for 1-2 minutes waiting for my browser to load an ad (this happened several times, so I left).

I don't mind ads, just let me look at what I came here for.

I get the pop ups too but GWonline has to make money to keep providing us this wonderful site (even though the mods can be overly quick to nerf a post they don't like).

So the pop ups dont bother me... the thing that is killing me is THESE FORUMS ARE SO SLOW!!!!!

I have 2 gaming computers one on a Ultra highspeed DSL and the other on an even faster cable modem and it STILL takes 1 minute to load forum pages.... What is up with that!!!!

If you become a pal you don't have to suffer through the ads ;)
    I try to visit the forums during my breaks at school and I don't see how some of you do it. It can take minutes for the pages to load and when they do I have to compete with closing ads. It's definately worth becoming a Pal for! :)
    However, I'd report that problematic ad to the admins here - I'm sure they'll take care of it.
    "God, in His graciousness, has made me so
    that this, your misery, cannot touch me;
    I can withstand the fires flaming here."
    - Inferno, II, 91-93

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn Effer
    Fire Emblem
    Path of Radiance

I see that thing pop up every single time I load any page on these forums.. Covers the entire middle of my screen and it's starting to get very annoying...

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind adds - I know you guys have to pay your bills somehow... But come on, it pops up in the middle of our screen every single time we load a page, and stays there for like 20 seconds unless we close it at the top right.. very annoying to say the least. I just got done going through atleast 25 pages of 15k armors and that thing popped up every single time.

I guess this post is kind of asking the site admins to consider other forms of advertisement that don't hender people from actually seeing or doing things on the site. I mean, I could fix it really easily by just disabling flash when I want to come to this site but that's a chore to do for just one site. :/
    I agree, I don't mind the advertisements at all, but these pop ups are very annoying.

GAHHH, glad to see i'm not the only one being absolutely driven insane by this pop up. It ranks up there with that god damned axel F Jamster one.

GWonline, find better bloody sponsors, i've literlary given up even using this site anymore because of this pop up.

If flash is off, not installed, or blocked is the site set to load alternate adds? or are they all flash add sources now?

Finally, they changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy
    Finally, they changed it.
    Nope, I still get it. There's just other ads also now but that ad is definently still there.