PC Gaming News

Energy drain warrior?

I dueled a warrior that was able to drain mana with his attacks sumhow. I think he wuz a war mesmer. he was able to heal up and drain my mana all at the same time which wuz crazy but the build owned. Anyone know the build and stats for this?

You cant steal mana by attacking, he probably just put spirit shackles on you.

GWOnline.Net Member
    "fear me" Drains mana. Albeit a single warrior probably won't drain enough of your mana to make this work. Also fear me requires some kind of adrenaline booster, to make it decent.

"ether feast" Heals the warrior while stealing a bit of energy from you. But takes a while to cast for a non mez.

He might have been using energy burn/surge/drain/tap/ether lord combo too.

he also drained all my adrenaline... it wuznt spirit shackles...

GWOnline.Net Member
    He was most likely using Sympathetic Visage then, however if he was, then you have it backwards... he was draining your mana and all your adrenaline with each melee strike you hit him with.

Sympathetic Visage
    For 8-18 seconds, whenever target ally is hit by a melee attack, all adjacent foes lose all adrenaline and 3 energy.

descent pvp skill... but only if your a warrior defending yourself from another warrior. coincidently that goes against the common pvp tactic... attack the monks first... warriors last.

works better in PvM i believe.

Hmmm. Sympathetic Visage is good for nullifying warrriors while you attack enemy monk. and it totally rapes axe spikers. Just make sure you have a necro cast a cover hex on top of it like parasitic bond. or cast spirit shackles over them.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by berzerkerelite
    I dueled a warrior that was able to drain mana with his attacks sumhow. I think he wuz a war mesmer. he was able to heal up and drain my mana all at the same time which wuz crazy but the build owned. Anyone know the build and stats for this?
    was your energy and adren actually gone or was your skills unavailable? If they were unusable, he/she was using Blackout. I was testing a black out build this weekend but the teams I were playing were ****ty. The person's build probably was direct towards shutting down warriors. Good build but it probably didn't do too much damage to the casters in the group.

Blackout works AWESOME but only if the rest of your team is attacking the person you casted/touched it on. You have no skills either and do not do too much damage