PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kongkingx
    A mod - IWAY group is not solely based on "I will avenge you" skill and chop chop here, chop chop there.

mod-IWAY groups' effectiveness lies on the proper mobilization of offense, awareness of the vulnerable targets, taking advantage of the terrain, positioning, safety of its vulnerable allies.
    And non-modded IWAY doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Chip
    And non-modded IWAY doesn't?
    yes.

So, care to extrapolate on those penultimate resort stratagems, eh?

There are two instances of IWAY:

Bad/Noob IWAY=free fame

Good IWAY=loss

Any team that can play IWAY right can kill any team in thirty seconds, almost surpassing HAMSTORM. I've played in and against good iways. I've seen good IWAYs kill rank 9+ teams. I've beaten rank 9+ teams playing IWAY.

On a tombs run yesterday, for example, we played through 3 runs. The first run, we owned a bad iway, beat a rank ~100 guild team, then skipped to halls. 3-way battle. Well, we killed blue's hero then capped. We held until 10 seconds left, when our hero died. Only one interrupter was left alive, and he managed to interrupt red's hero twice. Then blue capped. With 3 seconds left. It sucked. Well, second run. We went in, beat a pug. After that we fought an XII/EaSy team running a shatter spike. Well, we beat them too, with only 3 deaths. Since I was infusing, 2 of those deaths were mine, and another was when they spiked while I was picking up my fork to eat >.<. So, we skip to Scarred Earth, and we kill No 1 Korea in an unsually easy fight. Unfortunately for us, MATH also happened to kill their enemy at the same time. And, we get to fight MATH in a bad spot--they ended up kiting our only damage dealer around a structure in the area, and we lose. So we go in again, and kill a bad iway team, and we skip to Dark Chambers. That would've been good, but now we fight MATH again. And we lose.

Lesson:
    Bad iways=win
    Good iways can kill any other good team unless that team is in an advantageous position, has a perfect aegis chain, and very good kiting. Unfortunately, that's rare.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Helvek
    There are two instances of IWAY:

Bad/Noob IWAY=free fame

Good IWAY=loss

Lesson:
    Bad iways=win
    Good iways can kill any other good team unless that team is in an advantageous position, has a perfect aegis chain, and very good kiting. Unfortunately, that's rare.
    So what you are actually saying is:
    Bad/Noob IWAY=free fame for the other team
    Good IWAY=best team wins

GWOnline.Net Member
    o.k. played today iway with the guild youst for fun, the result:

-95 fame in 3 runs
    -two times reachen the HoH while geting through EVERY map!
    -lot of flaming at our group^^
    -saw a EoE team that lose in the hoh beacose they forgot to bring their hero lol

p.s. the iway team got NO trapper, 2x ne/mo with heal party and seed and 6x W/R one of the warrior was a pure spirit spamer so the others didn't need to put points into the ranger atributes.

the great thing about iway is its simplicity, anyone can run it. it gets back to the true roleplaying essence of the game. no fancy coordination, no spell to stop this, heal that, protect there... just my axe meets your head. like bretheren warriors in days of old, i feel like aragorn rushing the ghosts to victory in lotr, or william wallace rushing scotsman to thier deaths to kill bloody english ******s. why wouldnt a warrior get strength and speed from a fallen comrade. the basic premise of pvp is to get a gg out of it. iway groups kill a few either way, win or lose, hence making it a gg, which is all why we are here to play in the first place. i dont hate spiker builds when we lose, i dont hate any build iway loses to. call me a dumb war, call me what u want. i guess thats why u lost to us, because we are just soldiers...so dont u hate on iway, dont you dare.....

GWOnline.Net Member
    I really wish I had my gamecam rolling at this instant.

We were playing a, ah, ranger/necromancer tombs build, when we come across IWAY. The members of the team were from Prav, and some other assorted guilds. This "Good" IWAY died in about 20 seconds. And we had a healer henchman, because one of our monks dropped.

IWAY isn't a powerful build even when used right, many of the "Modded" IWAY's aren't really IWAY at all, more like mixed pressure builds with warriors. These builds could easily run off of frenzy/rush instead of IWAY. So there.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBurninator
    IWAY isn't a powerful build even when used right, many of the "Modded" IWAY's aren't really IWAY at all, more like mixed pressure builds with warriors. These builds could easily run off of frenzy/rush instead of IWAY. So there.
    yesterday, likesad before we didn't run any moddet iway, we got the pure iway build, no trapper, no fancy ne/ele with shower.

but still we mee many r6+ or r9+ team and ripped them apart.

btw: the build was youst fun, no fame farming, beacose 90% of my guild is r6+, and oh boy, how they all hated iway (me 2) No one of as have ever played it before, but stil we got 2 times to the hall (at one poit we could win if the order necro wouldn't forgoten to bring the hero from the stairs to the altar....)

One dust trap >>>> the whole build? You call that good build?

Also, don't forget that not all good guilds have smurf guilds, and when you beat them with your uber modded iway build, they actually might be testing a new gvg build which has absolutely no future in tombs.

The better you exploit the current system, the more you win halls, that's the way it has been always, which is kinda sad IMO.