PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

Sometimes I wounder how some people get past Kryta in missions

We have all had this happen from time to time. We go from district to district looking for a good group and all you find is a bunch of people who either havnt tryed the mission before or dont listen to the leader about the group plan.
    In the early missions it is possible to compleate the objectives, even if you are man down becuase someone left 2 min in, or if your picking up the slack from some idiot who cant do their job, or disides to argo every mod in a 20 yard radius of your current position.
    But once you get to places like the deasert and the southern shiverpeaks and beyond, you cant make up for the ignorence of 1 or 2 people. Wether it be a warrior who disides to arggo a group before the monks get there energy back, or a elementalist who thinks that they can tank, somone will mess up your drive to the end of the game. This creats an unessicery repeat of certain missions (Iv had to do things like thunderhead and the 2nd to last mission 6-8 times a peice).
    Meanwhile, after i beat thunderhead the first time and went back to help my guildmates do it, we had 3 people and 5 henchmen and ran through it like no ones bussiness. And this makes me wounder why real people cant match the AI of a computer. Computers follow orders, and do what they have to do, but in missions where you need people to do specific things, and you cant use henchmen, your stuck with hopeless group after hopless group.
    This is just my rant over the scores of people who dont have any idea how to play the game, yet either pay people to run them through missions or find a group good enough to pull their dead weight. Thx for your time :happy34:

Quote Originally Posted by bwl two
    but in missions where you need people to do specific things, and you cant use henchmen,
    Every mission is doable with henchies. Every single one.

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger6 months registered1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiarhys
    Every mission is doable with henchies. Every single one.
    Not so sure about Aurora Glade, if you have no sprinting skills. Not so sure at all. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Lytha
    Not so sure about Aurora Glade, if you have no sprinting skills. Not so sure at all. ;)
    Nope, I was a N/Mo and did the mission *and* the bonus for that fine. Took me two retrys to get the hang of it, but it was done with all henchies.

I've done every single mission in the game with all henchmen, yes even Thunderhead Keep. It's not hard. You just have to adapt to working with henchmen. IE, if an interrupter would make a given mission way easier, get some interrupt skills. Don't try and cover one of the three holy trinitys of a group; your henchmen can easily do that. Do something more specialized that your henchmen *can't* do, like Curse Magic, or an Interruption Mesmer, or a Wells Necro, or a Warder Ele. It's. not. difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by HonshuHigamori
    Nope, I was a N/Mo and did the mission *and* the bonus for that fine. Took me two retrys to get the hang of it, but it was done with all henchies.
    Then I will try it again with fiends instead of horrors in a while. I failed quite miserably with the horrors. ;)

That unexplored area behind the demagogue irritates me (though the sweet chests were removed when they decided to lock the chests.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lytha
    Then I will try it again with fiends instead of horrors in a while. I failed quite miserably with the horrors. ;)

That unexplored area behind the demagogue irritates me (though the sweet chests were removed when they decided to lock the chests.)
    Just be prepared to play a long game of attrition with the Demagorgue base if you wanna do the bonus. It takes a while, but if you're careful you can take portion after portion of the White Mantles base out as they rush out to attack you.

Every mission?

I don't think you could do Iron Mines with henches unless they could talk to the Seer themselves.

Iron Mines is doable with Henchies. That's how I did it. Though Thunderhead I PuGed, took about 5 hours to both land a good core group and finish the mission.
    | Einya Lynn lvl 20 R/x at Hell's Precipice | Einya Rose x/x PvP |
    | Einya Yalda W/Mo in Northern Shiverpeaks | Einya Fine x/x PvP |

Quote Originally Posted by evalion
    Every mission?

I don't think you could do Iron Mines with henches unless they could talk to the Seer themselves.

I'm fairly sure they updated it some time ago so that the henchies got ifused too. I know I didn't recently and I didn't see my henchies getting reamed by Spectral Agony soooo...

But I have't been to Kryta n ages, most of my characters have been int he Southern Shiverpeaks for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by evalion
    I just did the Iron Mines with henchies tonight. :) I even did the bonus with henchies a couple of times - not tonight though, I just wanted the mission done. I will revisit it often enough anyway to infuse the prettier armor and to grab all the elites.

No fighter henchies = no Thom dropping like a rock when a mursaat looks at him. But even with Thom as the bait for the mursaat, it works. He's more useless than ever at 60% DP, but that's not not such a great change in his usefulness.

And yup, they get definitely a bit infused after you talked with the Seer. Fragging Mursaat works a bit better after the Seer's quest than when you just try to take the "shortcut" in the start.