PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alrighty then...

Before I jump to various conclusions, anyone know how this is possible?

Screen 1
    Screen 2

It's a minion factory build. The team pretty much have suicadals in their team that die, make minion, rez and do it all over again. Neat build, it's been around for a long time.
    (also if I'm correct, thats where they got the minion master build for farming from, not sure if it's vice versa though but I mostly saw this build in pvp before pve. just a thought)

I was thinking maybe something like that, but that was a hell of alot of minions in such a short time! There were alot more but the names scrolled right off the top and I couldn't seem to get a decent shot of them :)

My kingdom for a smiter ;)

It's called the MF (Minion Factory) build. It's done by having 2 saccers kill themselves with sacrifice skills (usually played by a Necro or a Mesmer). 2 Rezmers (Mesmers with high fast-cast that can use Restore Life very quickly) begin to rez them, as MM (Minion Masters) raise their minions from their bodies. As soon as the saccers are up again, they die again, either from more sacrifice skills or from accumulated DP, and the process is repeated. Since there's a lot of time before the game starts, a MF team can get a lot of minions up before the gates open.

I think the build was originally made popular by LuLu the Monk, along with others from Te (maybe?). I remember another incredulous person posting about it - everybody thought she was hacking :lol:

EDIT: Damn, I was too slow. And that's not that many minions - there's a lot of time to raise minions before the round starts. The worst is when it's MF against MF, because both teams sit in spawn making more and more minions. XD
    Last edited by nightrunner; 06-12-2005 at 08:52.

Those are interesting to fight against because if they aren't cordinated all you have to do is have your warrior or ranger run around and lure some far enough from the master or just keep doing diversion until they all die. It works a lot better when you don't have a ghostly hero to defend though lol.
    Other states are trying to abolish the death penalty; my state is putting in an expresslane. (= - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Bath
    Those are interesting to fight against because if they aren't cordinated all you have to do is have your warrior or ranger run around and lure some far enough from the master or just keep doing diversion until they all die. It works a lot better when you don't have a ghostly hero to defend though lol.
    While they are by no means invicible or overpowered, MF builds can be coordinated. Sure, minions die, but if you keep raising new ones and healing old ones, you can keep quite a lot of them. Also, it's best to build only the ranged types, and have your trapper bring Winnowing and Favorable Winds.

I'm pretty sure the thoughts of every group member is the same after seeing all those minions and that thought:"Oh bloody hell!".. and I'm suddenly very happy I dont PvP often enough to face that build.

MF builds are actually very easy to beat. One frozen soil and it's a GG. You can also seed someone and have them kill off the necro master. Once the minions turn hostile they tend to eat the MF team alive.

blanko
    I guess this is one of those situations where Verata's Aura would come in VERY useful...

:lol: Imagine using Veratas Aura when facing a MF team in PvP.
    That would be hilarious.