PC Gaming News

Does this mean im screwed?

:( Okay...im a bit worried right now...heres the story

I just went to log into GW about 10 minutes ago. and my E-mail was not found(sclopper14@msn.com) im currently using a new e-mail (sclopper15@msn.com) and deleted the previous one that i was using about 5 or 6 months ago....i belive that MSN has deleted or swiped my old adress from their servers...therefore Guild Wars cant find it...i dont think there is a way to change it online?.....So basically...i think i am screwed as this is like a once in a million chance...and has anyone else had this problem?(i hope its fixable becuase if its not..... :( :( :( )

I do believe u can change ur e-mail account via the log-in screen....
    :xmas26:

Just went to check...nope can only retrieve your password...which i cant do that either becuase it rejects my e-mail

hm, my suggestion is to see if you can contact anet, explain the situation and give them your old address and password along with your cd-key. I'm sure you have already double checked your login.... I am not sure if the password is case sensitive or not, so you might also give that a try.

oh, just thought of something, you say it rejects your email address, well, can you create a new account using your cd-key, in theory, if you old email addy is off the guild wars servers, then your cd-key should be freed up to use again...i think.... :x-snow3:
    Last edited by Slaphappy03; 22-12-2005 at 05:28.

Blah...if i had to get back into my guild and start over again id just burn my case and go sleep on a couch all day

why not just remake your old email adress at hotmail!

Then again ive already done that and are holding your email adress for ransom.... 100 ECTO! muhahaha...... Only Joking

:xmas25:

Quote Originally Posted by Slaphappy03
    hm, my suggestion is to see if you can contact anet, explain the situation and give them your old address and password along with your cd-key. I'm sure you have already double checked your login.... I am not sure if the password is case sensitive or not, so you might also give that a try.
    This is the recommended course of action.

http://support.guildwars.com

:xmas5:

I don't think the GW program checks whether the email account exists when you log in. It'd be kind of weird if they did.

Send out a support ticket; there've been reports of vanishing accounts lately.

Aye...i got this all fixed now....for some reason when i typed in the e-mail im using now it worked

:xmas26: