PC Gaming News

Hybrid View

GWOnline.Net Member

Questions about some lingo i dont know

Lol so if you dont know me yet I am a noobie to this game since i was just starting at christmas. Now I hear some stuff on these forums that i dont understand so maybe you all can help me to understand :xmas16: What does 15k armor mean? like ill hear 15k Druid and all that, is that the cost for it? or the actual total defense? if it is the defense.. jeez! okay now moving on what does infused and ascended mean? in the show of your ranger thread some people will have the ascended/infused word on their pictures.. also i seen in that thread some people had 3 professions on theirs.. how is that possible? like i saw a r/e/me on one of the pics.. thanks for the help. :xmas5:

You can have up to Four Characters in your account. Each one has a Primary and secondary profession.

The 15k armor is a reference to top armor. Each item or piece of armor will cost you 15k.

Infused is a mission you do to ward against the Mausarat(you will find out). It is like having a magic spell cast on your final armor to ward of spells.

Descend is a part of the game where you have to complete 3 missions, then fight your mirror to advance farther into the game. Shortly after this, you will be able to get your 15k armor.

The game is well balanced for the most part. You will hear a lot about the AoE Skill Nerf. This is where Anet nerfed our Area of Effect Skills like Fire Storm as they done to much damage to the enemy, and they now run from it, and our dumb Henchies bask in it like it is their morning shower.

One tip here, do not be taken in by runners. They claim to be able to run you here or there for gold, and most fail. Enjoy the game. Follow the story line, and do the missions.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FragJunky
    You can have up to Four Characters in your account. Each one has a Primary and secondary profession.

The 15k armor is a reference to top armor. Each item or piece of armor will cost you 15k.

Infused is a mission you do to ward against the Mausarat(you will find out). It is like having a magic spell cast on your final armor to ward of spells.

Descend is a part of the game where you have to complete 3 missions, then fight your mirror to advance farther into the game. Shortly after this, you will be able to get your 15k armor.

The game is well balanced for the most part. You will hear a lot about the AoE Skill Nerf. This is where Anet nerfed our Area of Effect Skills like Fire Storm as they done to much damage to the enemy, and they now run from it, and our dumb Henchies bask in it like it is their morning shower.

One tip here, do not be taken in by runners. They claim to be able to run you here or there for gold, and most fail. Enjoy the game. Follow the story line, and do the missions.
    Thanks I have been lol me and my friend from school did the charr scout mission beyond the northern wall lol it was friccen fun running from them :P my friend played hero and held them off.. but he let 5 slide and they almost got me lol.. cant believe they can run as fast as my dodge.. :P then it was even funner taking the wall back from the charr.. that cinematic for it got my blood pumping lol i was flipping siked out when rurik said no more cowaring behind the wall that we will take the fight to our enemies!! :xmas5:

there's plently of surprises in the story-line, also concentrate on PvP aspects of the game, be careful of what guild you join, try an join a guild that suites your style of gameplay.... Like if you get into pvp then a guild that specialized in pvp/gvg will be more suited for you, if you like going to the Underworld or FoW (Fissure Of Woe) then join a guild that mostly does that (like the one im creating :D), the game has loads of different stuff that will appeal to loads of different people.. don't be in a rush to do things, take your time go slow, althought i do suggest to do missions first side quests later.. but thats my opinion :xmas3: ..... also be aware of scammers, when you new an people get the idea your new your an easy bottle on the wall waiting to be shot... ask a guild member (if you joined one), or ask the closest person if they know how much the tiem thier tryin 2 sell you is worth.... like the above post, dont take runners..... its not the fact they cant complete runs which IMO is wrong, theres always a way around a run.... but the fact is you get run to droknar an you basically spoilt the game...

anyways hope the advice were givin you helps ;)

have a good new year m8
    Last edited by Major Smitey; 28-12-2005 at 16:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehlert
    Lol so if you dont know me yet I am a noobie to this game since i was just starting at christmas. Now I hear some stuff on these forums that i dont understand so maybe you all can help me to understand :xmas16: What does 15k armor mean? like ill hear 15k Druid and all that, is that the cost for it? or the actual total defense? if it is the defense.. jeez! okay now moving on what does infused and ascended mean? in the show of your ranger thread some people will have the ascended/infused word on their pictures.. also i seen in that thread some people had 3 professions on theirs.. how is that possible? like i saw a r/e/me on one of the pics.. thanks for the help. :xmas5:
    even thogh frag junky aswered them well, there were a couple things i would want to edit and add.

1) welcome to a very helpful forum based on gw :D stay here as long as u like. and yeah,i expect alot of people will come to these forums since christmas, in fact 2 of my friends probably will.

2) there are many threads based on armor, i would suggest checking this link
    15k is just a standard of wealth, no diferent than collectors armor which is dirt cheap found in the desert, and no different than drok armor which is about 1/10th the price. though the reason why people buy it, is cuz they hve nothing better to do with their gold as well as waning to have a certain look. it is ONLY for aesthetic reasons, u can get something just as good for 1/10 the price.

3) there are 2 ways to get infused, one way, which is the msot linear, is a part of a mission, the purpose of this is to allow you to survive about ten times better than you could before when these monsters that the white mantle apparently control used a spell that would **** u in like half a second FLAT.

4) go roaming around the crystal desert and do the three missions, then go against ur doppleganger who has the same stats as u cept he has every attribute maxed out. there are cetain ways u can beat ur doppleganger (aka: mirror) for every class and generally its rather easy, but probably the hardest class to do it with is elementalist (personally it took me 4 times to beat him even though i knew what in general to do).
    this really does no benefit to you beside giving u a crapload of exp which essentialy makes sure that u get to lvl 20 unless ur obscenely low. some people who get run through the whole game are still not at lvl 20 when ascended.

5) once uve ascended there are 3 outposts in the crystal deset and u can get quests that can change ur secondary... it provides variety and a reason not to delete ur char once uve beatn the last mission. so basically u can do all 36 combinations while only making 6 chars and deleting 2.. u can get all skills for those chars etc etc, but i have yet to think that theres anyone who could have done that, with the exception of one of those crazy koreans.

6) your welcome