PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SephUltimicia

Warrior/Necromancer Swordsman Build

Hi i just signed up well i have a level 20 Warrior/Necromancer and i just took all my attribute points off.

Now may i ask a swordsman master here where should my attribuet points go too.

And what 8 skills should i take with me i want to be a good farmer and a good quester.

Note i didn't get the extra 30 attribute points yet but i will soon.

Thank's heaps.

And sorry for any grammar mistakes and spelling.
    Last edited by SephUltimicia; 03-01-2006 at 07:40.

GWOnline.Net Member
    First thing...Ultimecia and Sephiroth? VIII is much better in my opinion, and Zell is the man!

Here is as good a farming build as I can come up with, though I do not farm much, if at all.

Swordsmanship: 11 ( +1)
    Strength: 10 (+3 +1)
    Tactics: 10 (+1)

Hundred Blades [elite]
    Galrath Slash
    Final Thrust
    "Watch Yourself"
    Healing Signet
    Rush or Sprint
    Dolyak Signet
    [some Necromancer skill, or another attack skill]

Keep Dolyak Signet almost constantly because of your high Strength, the rest is fairly self-explanatory.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I'm a W/N..here is my setup most of the time...(not for pvp)(still need to do 30 att. quests and cap Eviscerate.)

axe: 12+4
    str: 7+1
    blood: 10

cyclone axe
    exe strike
    pen. blow
    disrupting blow
    distracting blow
    blood renewal
    life siphon
    well of power{elite}
    Last edited by Mitsuko; 04-01-2006 at 08:34.

once you get further consider

sever artery

mixed in with the necro elite virulence or tainted flesh
    [condition dump on one enemy or spread disease to all melee]

extra degen always good

also consider plague touch if an enemy likes giving you conditions (or yours back heh)

We have much to discuss.

I'm in a minority here because I see tactics as being much more valuable than strength. Sure, the armour penetration is nice and their are good skills there, but tactics just turns my crank, so to speak.

My current build:

Death magic: 12
    Swordsmanship: 8 (6 + major)
    Tactics: 15 (12 + major + helmet) (this might be 14, I forget)
    Extra in strength

The swordsmanship is just to meet the requirement for my sword, and as you'll see I use very few skills from the attribute line.

Skills:

1. Gladiator's defense (lasts 11 seconds and deals 35 (or 33) damage per blocked attack) (elite)
    2. Savage Slash (interrupt and +22 damage)
    or
    Deadly Riposte (blocks next attack, deals 50 damage and 25 seconds of bleeding)
    3. Riposte (blocks next attack, deals 60 damage)
    4. Bonetti's Defense (lasts 11 seconds)
    5. Watch Yourself (+20 armour for a long time, I forget how much)
    6. Consume Corpse (heals for 85 health, recovers 17 energy)
    7. Putrid Explosion (deals 101 damage to everything around the body)
    8. Healing Signet (heals for 157 health)

Caveats: This build doesn't work well with large high-level mobs. I tried it in the troll cave, and I took out the first four with no trouble, but the big group butchered me. I don't know why, but it seems like once the group gets up to 5, they all manage to hit through stances. Can anyone tell me why?

For small groups of melee mobs, you're almost invulnerable. Riposte and Deadly Riposte can stack to deliver 110 damage and 25 seconds of bleeding, and a single monster will almost never get through the 75% chance to block that Gladiator's and Bonetti's give. Watch Yourself helps make sure that even if something does get through, it doesn't hurt as much, and helps reduce the penalty for using Heal Sig.

As for the necro skills, these can very easily be changed. I picked Putrid for the damage (and because it's fun to make corpses go boom), and Consume for the energy, and so I could deprive enemy necros of corpses. One Consume almost completely refills your energy bar, I love it. If I ever farm an area where something makes minions, I'll be glad to have this skill.

Obviously this build isn't so good for grouping. Consume Corpse for a warrior is a good way to break aggro, but when farming that's not a concern.

I know it can be improved, and I'm constantly tweaking and trying new things.
    Scott the Green, W/X | Scott the Happy, N/R,Me | Scott the Inept, Me/X | Scott the Farseeing, Rt/N,E | Scott the Hurt, Mo/A
    Scott the Physical, E/Me | Scott the Clumsy, A/E | Scott the Pacifist, D/Mo | Scott the Aimless, R/P | Scott the Quiet, P/N
    Scott the Burdened, mule | Sorka Nordentaller, female mesmer who doesn't match the naming scheme

GWOnline.Net Member
    My W/N is only lvl 14 but i can tell what i've done so far and it's been really easy.

9 Tact
    9 Sword
    5 Curse
    4 Str

i have minor runes in Tact and sword. this is a good build to use curse to slow and degen and with sever you tend to drop things fast. just my 2 cents. this build owns in the 1st 2 arenas, even with all the twinks that have droks armor or any elite skills, because nothing saves you from bleeding or slowing you down, if you really want to piss people off use Soul Barbs, hard to do with a war's energy level, but like i said i have fun with this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott the Green
    I'm in a minority here because I see tactics as being much more valuable than strength. Sure, the armour penetration is nice and their are good skills there, but tactics just turns my crank, so to speak.
    Woohoo! I'm in this minority as well, at least when it comes to solo farming. I can take my Glads/Riposte build into most areas. Ripostes are the most underrated skills on the warrior. Great for Minotaurs, Worms, Trolls, Enchanted Armors, Bulls.... anything big and melee. :) I use necro most times, but just for Plague Touch. Never leave home without it.

Quote Originally Posted by CKaz
    once you get further consider

sever artery

mixed in with the necro elite virulence or tainted flesh
    [condition dump on one enemy or spread disease to all melee]

extra degen always good

also consider plague touch if an enemy likes giving you conditions (or yours back heh)
    Yeah, I use the Sever Artery + Virulence with my W/N. The plus is you degen everyone around the target because disease spreads through like monsters. Don't know if it would be that great in PvP, since everyone is human...spread disease to your whole team. Here's what I use in areas where you get lots of conditions like the Magumma Jungle or Desert:

Sever Artery
    Virulence
    Galrath Slash
    Pure Strike
    Final Thrust
    Beserker's Stance
    Plague Touch
    Healing Signet

12 or more in Sword (Superior rune + swordsmanship helm for 16 if you want)
    9-10 in Tactics
    enough death magic to give virulence like 6-8 seconds
    and the rest in Strength (I think I use enough to get like 8 or 9 seconds out of Beserker's Stance...but you could use something else there, like Flurry or Frenzy.)
    Last edited by Guts Deathrage; 11-01-2006 at 18:24.

GWOnline.Net Member
    You definitely want 12 in blood for this, since life syphon makes a big jump from -2 degen to -3 degen. Which I find very useful to have that 4 extra dps.
    Str. will be your *least* important attr. So put around 9 in str., max out sword and use 2 superiors. Yes 2... you want to deal dmg? You need 2.

Life Syphon
    Life Transfer
    Flurry
    Barbed Signet (extra dmg + bleed foe with Plague Touch)
    Gash
    Galrath
    Final Thrust
    Plague Touch

What else is there? This build gives you great dmg, lotsa degen and nice defense.

Pretty classic though.

Interrupting build

Warrior's Endurance
    Server
    Gash
    Power Attack (pick this instead of Galrath, coz dps with Galrath will be low w/o flurry/frenzy/TF/BR, besides you need high enough str. for wars end.)
    Final Thrust
    Spinal Shiver
    Parasitic Bond (cover hex, so that spinal shiver won't get removed too easily)
    Rez Signet/Plague Touch/faintheartedness (another cover, fast casting, hex)

And oh, bring a cold elemental sword.
    Last edited by Malchiel; 11-01-2006 at 18:23.

W/N, good choice m8..

I am more familiar with axe builds but here is what I have run before:

16 Sword
    10 Curses
    9 Tactics

Sever Artery
    Gash
    To the Limit!
    Plague Touch
    Bonetti's Defense
    Victory is Mine! {E}
    Enfeebling Blood
    Suffering

This is for PvE mobbing. What you do is you run in, get the baddies on your tail, then drop Enfeebling Blood. This'll give them all weakness. Since weakness is a condition and EB is AoE, you can then hit ViM! {E} for heavy E and HP nourishment. From there, I generally hit Sever Artery + Gash and then a To the Limit. With the adrenaline from TTL, I hop into Bonetti's. About this time they'll come out of weakness. Drop Enfeebling Blood again. Rinse + Repeat. Whenever you've got a moment, drop Suffering. This'll speed things up a lot.

I used to use Mark of Pain but that made the baddies scram recently so I had to switch to a much weaker (yet still effective) AoE.
    Anyways, good luck.

-glossu
    :happy34:
    rock'nroll
    Last edited by glossu; 11-01-2006 at 18:24.