PC Gaming News

Question Going from chapter 1 to chapter 2

Hey ppl, i got some question.
    If i buy chapter 2 ( I have chapter 1) it will be a whole new world.
    So if you have both chapter 1 ad 2 installed, will world 1 be expanded with world 2, or will you have to relog on your account and 'select' world 2 so that chapter 1 and 2 will be completely seperate from eachother?( to prevent item transfer and so on).
    And if you play your Chapter 1 character in chapter 2, will it still be lvl 20 or will it be reduced to lvl 1 so that you arent to strong for the story in chapter 2 (sins and ritualists start on lvl 1 in chapter 2 beginning).
    Another question: will we be ble to play the chapter 2 characters in chapter 1 world? So 'if' chapter 2 was for higher lvl players the characters of chapter 2 (sins and ritualists) could become strong in world 1 ( but then you wouldnt have to buy chapter 1 anymore since you get chapter 1 when you buy chapter2 :s)

Anyway, it would be nice to have some answers on the connection between chapter 1 and 2.

Q: If you have both chapter 1 ad 2 installed, will world 1 be expanded with world 2?
    A: Yes, you can take the boat in Lions Arch and sail to Cantharian shores :)

Q: And if you play your Chapter 1 character in chapter 2, will it still be lvl 20 or will it be reduced to lvl 1?
    A: If I understood correctly, you'll stay level 20 but you won't enter chapter 2 in the low level areas - my guess is the Cantahrian Lions Arch, for approx. level 15 players.

Q: Another question: will we be ble to play the chapter 2 characters in chapter 1 world?
    A: Yes, characters from both worlds can freely travel to the other continent.

Also look in the GW:F FAQ

Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 will not be seperate. Tyria and Cantha will be two worlds you can explore in the same game (assuming you have both chapters).

Current characters going into the new Cantha area will not have their level reduced.

(Not sure about this one) Chapter 2 Profession New Characters will be able to start in Cantha or Tyria.

Chapter 2 professions will be able to explore Chapter 1 Tyria.

Does that help?

These questions have been answered before, the only reason I know the answers , so before it is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo Craster
    If i buy chapter 2 ( I have chapter 1) it will be a whole new world.
    So if you have both chapter 1 ad 2 installed, will world 1 be expanded with world 2, or will you have to relog on your account and 'select' world 2 so that chapter 1 and 2 will be completely seperate from eachother?( to prevent item transfer and so on).
    If you add you Factions key to your existing GW Account the worlds will be merged, no need to relog.

And if you play your Chapter 1 character in chapter 2, will it still be lvl 20 or will it be reduced to lvl 1 so that you arent to strong for the story in chapter 2 (sins and ritualists start on lvl 1 in chapter 2 beginning).
    Lvl 20 will still be lvl 20 in the new areas. I believe the "pre-searing" equivilent area in Chapter 2 will earn you enough attribute points that you will be almost lvl 20 when you leave it.

Another question: will we be ble to play the chapter 2 characters in chapter 1 world? So 'if' chapter 2 was for higher lvl players the characters of chapter 2 (sins and ritualists) could become strong in world 1 ( but then you wouldnt have to buy chapter 1 anymore since you get chapter 1 when you buy chapter2 :s)
    There are already higher lvl character walking around old ascalon with the lvl 4 character straight out of pre searing.
    Join our European super guild at www.roguestoriches.co.uk. What makes it super? I am in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Findariel
    Q: And if you play your Chapter 1 character in chapter 2, will it still be lvl 20 or will it be reduced to lvl 1?
    A: If I understood correctly, you'll stay level 20 but you won't enter chapter 2 in the low level areas - my guess is the Cantahrian Lions Arch, for approx. level 15 players.
    Hey, thanks for confirming that for me, Fin! So does that mean Chapter 2 will have a "pre-searing" of it's own for Assassins and Ritualists, and maybe even the core professions? (Of course, it wouldn't be called pre-searing)

I'm interested myself how the "Chapter 2 Pre-Searing" will work.

Why would they keep the high leveled players out in the first place?

It may not be challenging, sure, and it may not be fair to the mobs, but who doesn't love exploring new areas and completing new quests? Isn't that what PvE is all about?

Sometimes, you get sick of tactics and you just want to wade into a huge group of stupids and obliterate them. Or at least, I know I do.

GWOnline Content Team
    GWOnline Site Pal
    Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteranBlogger1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Veritas Invictus [TRUE]
    There are several existing sources from which you can gain all the information that is currently available concerning the release of chapter 2 and the upcoming event, including several threads on this forum.
    GWOnline Social Media Manager