PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GWOnline.Net Member

first off I want to say I am sorry for the post I made last week

I was very mad and discouraged when I read about anets new stand alone game. And everyone was prazing them for everything that they do, this I could not understand.

I ranted and raved in every direction and at everyone when I saw their plans and didn't even think about where I was going with anything I said.

I apologize for all my screaming and shouting and again I am sorry..

but I also want to say that unless they change their plans I think that anet is a stinker for doing this and I won't say any more..

little

Well, Faction's isn't actually a stand-alone game, it's a "stand-along" game (is that the right term?).

You can play it with GW as an expansion, but you don't need GW to play it. That's the only difference. Other than that, it works like an expansion in every way.

I don't understand why you're so angry that ArenaNet have made this way. They have done it like this for one main reason: so that the game is bought by new players, as well as people who have the original.

GWOnline.Net Member
    No worries, everyone puts their foot in their mouth sometime. We only human.

"we just human"
    or are we? dun dun dunn

GWOnline.Net Member
    being human FTW!!

but I also want to say that unless they change their plans I think that anet is a stinker for doing this and I won't say any more..
    I'm getting the feeling that you have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps you should read more about the new expansion and learn what it really is all about, because frankly right now I don't think you have a clue.

No offense by the way.

I would like to hear the reasoning behind why it is a bad idea. I'm not going to say something along the lines of "you don't know what you are talking about" ... I'm sure you have a reasonable explanation for this and I'd like to hear it (BTW I never read the original post... from the sounds of it I doubt I want to ).

Also everyone goes off sometimes... better on a forum than at a postal office

I think it's a stroke of brilliance that they're making Ch2 a stand-alone product and not just an expansion. It opens the prodcuts up to more customers and increases the chances that we'll get more chapters and updates.

I see the fact that it CAN act as an add-on as a sweet bonus. From what I've heard, it's pretty much an entire new game, content and storyline-wise, and they're going to let us port our characters in between game 1 and game 2.

What other games have ever let you do that?

GWOnline.Net Member
    This thread is impossible to understand unless one is intimately familiar with the OP's posting history. As it is, I get a sense of unfocused displeasure, but no indication of specific gripes or concerns, and therefore no way to agree with or refute them. Either the OP should elucidate his/her issues with GWF and Arenanet, or this thread should be deemed pointless and closed.