PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Multiple Guild Wars

Anyone know how to?
    I've found topics but none of the links seem to work.
    Also, for anyone who's done it, is it possible to use 3 versions on 3 screens?

Thanks

It involves tweaking the registry. That's all I know.

Apart from that, you'll need three different cd keys as well.

I've never tried it, but I think it would be possible with multiple user accounts in WindowsXP. Just run the game with one user account, with one cd-key and GW account, then switch user accounts, and run the game with the other cd-key and GW account.

Multiple Accounts

I was planning on getting a second account buy buying a second game, and was wondering if I there was anything I should know to make this work...ie, load on different partitions, two different e-mail addresses, etc...

Thanks

Once you get the second copy, i.e. key, login with different email account and create a new account. From then on, just login with either account name. You don't need to install any software.

One more thing to askIve read of other players running two instances of the game simultaneously in order for a character on account A to help a character on account B (runningno worrying about scammers). Would this require two separate installs of the game (two cd keys), or just double-clicking on gw.exe, logging on, double-clicking on the same .exe and logging-on a second time with the second account?

Requires editing the registry, if your willing to attempt it I say good luck to you.
    Leader United League of Champions
    Merls The Sneaky Mo/Me Merls The Quick Me/Ele Merls The Ugly Nec/Mes

Quote Originally Posted by FGarvin
    Would this require two separate installs of the game (two cd keys), or just double-clicking on gw.exe, logging on, double-clicking on the same .exe and logging-on a second time with the second account?
    Well with either way, you will need two CD-Keys. You can't make a second account with the same CD-Key.

The problem with running two copies of the game at the same time, is that it'll simply tell you that GW is already running and you won't be able to start it again. This was the same with Diablo 2 when I tried playing like that a few days ago. I then tried running the second copy on a second WinXP user account, without logging either of them off, and it worked perfectly. I would suspect that it would work like that with GW as well.

Aurik Astraeus

Installation Question

I am trying to install a second copy of guild wars on my computer so that I can run 2 accounts at once. However, whenever I try to install the second version of the game it only allows me to play the current game.

Also, setup.exe will not allow me to install a new copy of it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to have 2 copies of guild wars installed on one computer?

Thanks!

You can't install two copies. You can't run the software twice on the same computer either, unless you're willing to risk fiddling with the windows registry, which is not a recommended move if you're not absolutely sure of what you're doing. The only other way to run two accounts simultaneously is to have two separate computers on a network.