PC Gaming News

Need Dialup Help (Size of the new update)

Hi,

I'm on a dialup internet connection, currently running at 21600, and I just logged on to download the GW Factions update. I got the 11mb header file (or whatever you call it) first, then when I tried to go back to my Ranger (in the PVP arenas, it told me it had 1,300 files to get, and 2.6mb was still 0%.

So I'm curious as to how big the file actually is, so I can decide if I will leave it on downloading all night.

Thanks,

M11

I haven't paid close attention but I believe some where around 35ish MBs over all the various areas.

There is alot to download, once you hit about 1100 files remaining they get alot smaller...

Its not that bad, I run dialup too. I saw the 1300 odd files, and decided to go grocery shopping. I came back roughly 45-60 minutes later and I was done.

yeah i was pretty inconvinced by the size of the whole update as well. took my cable modem like 73 seconds to download it all. i didn't know what i was going to do for a good 70 seconds there...

that DL is murder to a dial up connection. damn you ANET. 30mbs of useless pvp crap!

Quote Originally Posted by tetracycloide
    yeah i was pretty inconvinced by the size of the whole update as well. took my cable modem like 73 seconds to download it all. i didn't know what i was going to do for a good 70 seconds there...
    rofl. That's 1 minute and 10 seconds of your life gone! Actually, I really did feel that way. Just sitting at the comp, staring at the screen for a good minute.... Man, how do people on dialup do it?

Quote Originally Posted by sladdlord
    that DL is murder to a dial up connection. damn you ANET. 30mbs of useless pvp crap!
    Don't knock it till ya try it. As for the update...I beleive that main update is around 20-30 megs. 10ish megs when you first start gw and 10ish meg from inside the game.