PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I would like to say a great thank you to Jhadur

The micromanagement of using the lead / off-hand / dual attacks worries me.

I've played chain-based skill bars already (Soul Barbs Hexes Necro, Sever Artery + Gash swordsman), but the Assassin skills scare me because they're very specific of the sequence you must play in order to get the most out of them. For that matter, skill chaining can be tedious and unrewarding at times...

Best to see for myself now how it works...

The one problem I see is that if you miss the lead attack you can't attack with the offhand attack? Am I missing something, or is something like ward vs melee gonna make assassins very weak.

Break the chain and you deal virtually no damage sort of thing.... just my thoughts on it w/o even having a chance to play it

GWOnline.Net Member
    I am probably wrong but this sounds a lot like a rogue in eq2.

BEST dps in that game. IF someone else is tanking :)

BUT to carry a skill that can only do damage when a mob is knocked down
    then carry another for each specific task...then try to chain them
    this is going to be a Bit#$ with only 8 skills...A BIG negative

little
    Last edited by littlenec; 20-01-2006 at 16:33.

lol @ Scorpion Wire... "GET OVER HERE!!!!!" great tribute

Quote Originally Posted by littlenec
    BUT to carry a skill that can only do damage when a mob is knocked down
    then carry another for each specific task...then try to chain them
    this is going to be a Bit#$ with only 8 skills...A BIG negative
    All classes have this type of choice though - you can specialize towards building within your own skills, a teams, vs target(s) etc

Not having that would make the class shallow

You don't have to use a single off-hand attack, the skill icons all show one or two blades, ie a bunch of those dont require the double daggers it appears.

It is interesting to note it appears all dagger weapons are two-handed. Can't wield with a shield or focus. I have to go over the skill list but all showing 'one blade' should work with any other class and a melee wpn I'd guess.

I played Assassin a little htis morning, and yes, when you miss with a lead attack, you basically cannot use most of your other ttack skills. But when you DO hit, and keep hitting with your chain, you do a LOT of damage and inflict a LOT of conditions.

Yes, Ward vs Melee will mess this up. But consider that there are many skills to make it so that your skills cannot miss/be blocked/be evaded. Also, YOU CAN TELEPORT come on man that's insane lol...
    Last edited by WingspanTT; 20-01-2006 at 17:27.

I think this deserves a sticky at least until we get it loaded into the main page.

Great work!

Edit: I just noticed Recall -- it sure would be helpful running Elona.
    Last edited by Doyle; 20-01-2006 at 17:44.

Ultimate Assassin SKill Guide...

hi everyone, since we only have these three days to look at the skills, I've spent the last couple of hours putting together this huge skill listing, im almost done with the ritualist one, but for now here's it for the assassin...

EDIT: Image Hosting was working improperly... fixed it!
    Last edited by tarutaru; 20-01-2006 at 17:59.

GWOnline.Net Member
    amazing tarutaru!!! thanks for that. these skills will probably be edited when factions comes out. but thanks dude.

i love you.