PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fun uses for assassin skills (including pve ideas for later)

Got thinking about the assassin skills and thought of a fun little trick for runners. Suppose you get to a spot completely body-blocked by monsters. Rush in, aggro them, then turn and run using Shadow Walk. As soon as the monsters get past your start point, activate sprint. Shadow Walk ends, teleporting you back, behind the monsters, and moving at 125% speed on your way to your destination.

Or imagine another idea, for Tombs. Clear your directly opposing team, and rush the gate holding the other teams back. Let one get close, and activate shadow walk and death's charge that person. Start attacking, and hopefully kill them. Then walk ends, and you are safely back on your side of the door, healing for the next try or one of the other teams opening it.

Just ideas, but I wanted to get them out there, and see what else people have come up with for chapter 2.

In GvG grab the flag, use Shadow Step to the stand and when it ends your infront of the flag again.

or E/A aura of displacement, shock, aftershock ^^ or earthquake while 2 E/A go aura of displacement, aftershock for breaking up balls :D

From what I've seen it appears that you drop the flag when shadow stepping.

what about the relic run at HoH

Zentek
    Quote Originally Posted by terakhan
    Got thinking about the assassin skills and thought of a fun little trick for runners. Suppose you get to a spot completely body-blocked by monsters. Rush in, aggro them, then turn and run using Shadow Walk. As soon as the monsters get past your start point, activate sprint. Shadow Walk ends, teleporting you back, behind the monsters, and moving at 125% speed on your way to your destination.

Or imagine another idea, for Tombs. Clear your directly opposing team, and rush the gate holding the other teams back. Let one get close, and activate shadow walk and death's charge that person. Start attacking, and hopefully kill them. Then walk ends, and you are safely back on your side of the door, healing for the next try or one of the other teams opening it.

Just ideas, but I wanted to get them out there, and see what else people have come up with for chapter 2.
    My idea of a fun build for an assassin is DEFINATELY a warper :-)

I would call it the "zip zap" build.

Set your skills up with shadow skills and all warping skills possible and just warp from foe to foe ... vipers defense when you get hit... *zap*...
    Then again.. this has no use at all besides annoying enemies trying to hit you since they can see you once.. and then loose you out of sight to then see you warp in front of their eyes again :-)

This would be the perfect flag runner.... run up the enemy team carrying the flag... watch the whole enemy team turn on ya... and *zap* you are back behind friendly lines LoL

I think it would be much better if once someone teleported, the people who had the teleporter selected would lose the target and have to reaquire it again. Sounds confusing, but what I mean is, say you select someone who is moving and you hit the spacebar key to attack. This causes you to autorun to the target if he's not within a striking distance. Now with how it works currently, if you teleport or use Consume Corpse, the person who hit the spacebar key to attack you (most common with melee characters), will end up just following you where you teleported to. It'd be much cooler if he lost the target and had to click on them again or use the tab key to acquire them again, in order to commence their attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by xFallenAngel
    From what I've seen it appears that you drop the flag when shadow stepping.
    Just as you could not translocate with the flag in Unreal Tournament. Imagine the complaints were this not so? The Assassin forum would be *clogged*. ;)

Having said that -- Assassins *will* be the new runners.

LF Shadowstepper to Droks.

*shudder*

~Charan~

I agree with Terakhan, the shadowstep + sprint combo will find its uses in PvE.

I did not check all skills yet, but there are several more teleport-like skills that can be used very tactically in PvE.

I fear there is also a great potential for farming exploits though.

My idea how an assassin can solo or help a group:

Shadowstep to the enemy group, BLEED them, run away. Rinse repeat... :)

It's not given that Assassins will completely dominate running once they're out. Assassin remain very fragile. You can expect Warriors to remain the slow(er) but sure(r) runners, and Assassins to be the risky(ier) but potentially fast(er) runners. We have to wait and see how it really goes.

This might not be a bad thing for the game. It could mean a drop in prices for running services. You can expect all the older W/Mo runners to either delete their old runners and start anew as Assassins or W/Mo's to lower their prices to remain competitive. And this all remains one massive "if", assuming actual performance means Assassins can indeed act as runners.