PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

How to Destroy an Assassin for the whole game?

Simple...

Diversion on their Lead attack, if not their offhand attack and they're pretty much screwed.

Spiteful Spirit Apparently this seemingly useless curse is super deadly for the assassins seeing as how they attack much faster than Swords.

And last but not least... Gank.
    Same principle that assassins use when taking out a monk.

Just like how AOE is finally coming into play in Arenas when it comes with ritualists.
    They depend on their spirits and normally stay near and cluster their spirits.
    You drop an AOE (Meteor Shower or Traps) GG ritualists, otherwise someone is going to have to kill their spirits.

With that said, assassins are not overpowered.
    Monks can still stay alive if they know what they're doing.
    It's just easier to kill a monk now with assassins :)

edit: Fallen - Do not post that pic again, Rizzy
    Last edited by Fallen_62; 22-01-2006 at 23:33.

seriously, mods please close this thread, or take away the picture.

and, as for the text of his commentary, omg did you just say Spiteful Spirit was *useless*? BWAHAHAHAHAHA do I even have to argue this? no, I don't think so, just let me tell you that killing assassins is by NO means whatsoever the only use of that awesome skill.

and yes, many assassins are not that good right now, but hey, neither were we when we first stepped into pvp our first day or two. when ppl learn to go beyond the premade builds (god awful, if I might add, someone tell anet to think of some better build, anything) they will see that assassins are Very powerful indeed. Especially when two gank any spellcaster.

as for the ritualist, yes aoe spells take them out quite easily, as they do to minion masters. But, you still see necros with a bunch of minions, dont you? Ritualists will adapt and learn, just as the necros did.

and, in case i havnt stressed this point enough, Mods for the love of all that is sane TAKE DOWN THAT PICTURE. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzy
    Simple...

Diversion on their Lead attack, if not their offhand attack and they're pretty much screwed.

Spiteful Spirit Apparently this seemingly useless curse is super deadly for the assassins seeing as how they attack much faster than Swords.

And last but not least... Gank.
    Same principle that assassins use when taking out a monk.

Just like how AOE is finally coming into play in Arenas when it comes with ritualists.
    They depend on their spirits and normally stay near and cluster their spirits.
    You drop an AOE (Meteor Shower or Traps) GG ritualists, otherwise someone is going to have to kill their spirits.
    YES.

Which is why before you master chaining your attack skills or moving about with Shadow Arts, to play the Assassin, you must first learn...

... The Gentle Art Of Biding Your Time & Sneaking Up From Behind.

Seriously.

What I mean is, try to go for the kill while your targets themselves are busy, focused on someone else, out of Energy, looking the other way, etc. While they're not attacking us or weakened. That gives us all the safety and opening we need to spike damage him into a body bag.

I'm speaking from experience. The best targets for an Assassin is either a Warrior who thinks brute force can take anything down (I've racked up way too many Warrior kills), or a character who's not looking. When that happens, it only takes a split second to finish the mark.

An Assassin, as a melee character, is a surgical tool. While a Warrior can just bludgeon away at a target's defenses in hopes of overwhelming him, an Assassin must keep his eyes opening for that single shot he needs to make it count and finish the game. And you know that's really all he needs.

Don't just play the Assassin. Think like him.
    Last edited by Fallen_62; 22-01-2006 at 23:35.

Last edited by thejasonpham; 28-07-2009 at 18:54.

No he said that SS is seemingly useless but kills off assassins pretty well ;)

GWOnline.Net Member
    Throw dirt and forget.. Thats what I do...

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Experimentor
    YES.

Which is why before you master chaining your attack skills or moving about with Shadow Arts, to play the Assassin, you must first learn...

... The Gentle Art Of Biding Your Time & Sneaking Up From Behind.

Seriously.

What I mean is, try to go for the kill while your targets themselves are busy, focused on someone else, out of Energy, looking the other way, etc. While they're not attacking us or weakened. That gives us all the safety and opening we need to spike damage him into a body bag.

I'm speaking from experience. The best targets for an Assassin is either a Warrior who thinks brute force can take anything down (I've racked up way too many Warrior kills), or a character who's not looking. When that happens, it only takes a split second to finish the mark.

An Assassin, as a melee character, is a surgical tool. While a Warrior can just bludgeon away at a target's defenses in hopes of overwhelming him, an Assassin must keep his eyes opening for that single shot he needs to make it count and finish the game. And you know that's really all he needs.

Don't just play the Assassin. Think like him.
    Whatever he just said.

Yeah, you are able to do a lot of nasty things to an assasin, but when he suddenly pops up and stab you in the throat, then it's to late.

I'm actually surprised at how well ANet managed to implement assassins in the game that PLAY like assassins.

It's not like WoW or w/e other game where you can stealth, get to a target from behind and kill them.

But still, assassins play the same. It's jump on a unsuspecting target and WAM, kill them before they know what hit them.

Fast KD are good for that. Scorpion Wire, Palm Strike + Ox Horns, etc.

And know how to use the Shadow Step skills. For example, recall on your monk, and Death's Charge an enemy caster, then unload your combo and take out recall.

Currently, most play assassins like warriors, which is understandable cause many just don't have any idea how to play and in Random Arena (where you see a ridiculous amount of them compared to everywhere else) they don't necessarily have the required backup. But they're obviously not meant to be played this way because they're way too easy to counter.

Yet, in a 5 sec combo they can take down a caster instantly, and appear in their face out of nowhere.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I agree with Patccmoi, its impressive how well ANet have made them work like assasins are supposed to be.

I agree that assasins aren't supposed to be played as warriors, when your offensive is this fragile, you can't effort to charge screaming towards the enemy.

My own assasin is kinda in the middle, acts passive and sneakylike before quickly dropping a target. I have yo unlock more skills, so i can work my killing chain a bit shorter, and go fore a more assasin like aprouch

Rizzy, do not post that picture again. It was deleted the first time, you think it wouldnt have been this time?