PC Gaming News

Thread: N/e

N/e

How good is this combo, will I run out of Energy/force stuff to quickly? I like this, since I get the cool Necro body, the healing of a necro and the powerful spells of an Elementalist. But will I use one spell, then have to wait 50 secs for recharge?

Hint: Some necro damage spells are far more powerful that elementalist ones could ever hope to be.

It was true before the AOE nerf, it's still true now :)

I am debating going Blood or MM or Curse (pve) and I can decide which, Blood, looks liek it has some pritty hard hitting spells, but MM well, you are a MM, and curse well they have some powerful spells/hexs, I am at a loss.

I went with a combo of blood & curses to start with (siphon & vamp gaze have very nice damage early on) and Enfeeble & Faintheartedness really help reduce the damage you're taking.

MM is fun, but I'd leave that until you can grab some skills to keep your minions alive (around Lion's Arch area)

I still switch around between curses, minions and blood depending what I feel like, so my advice would be to play around with the different lines & see what you like & what works for you.

Any tips on Secondary Class choice? and what skills to choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Nekros
    How good is this combo, will I run out of Energy/force stuff to quickly? I like this, since I get the cool Necro body, the healing of a necro and the powerful spells of an Elementalist. But will I use one spell, then have to wait 50 secs for recharge?
    N/E and E/N are very similar. Which one is better depends a lot on killing speed.

If you have fast killing speed, then soul reaping will replenish your energy faster than any elementalist could.

If you have slow killing speed, then having the greater energy "storage" of an elementalist is better.

Other than that, you can mostly do with the one what you can do with the other. Just playing a MM won't really work with an Ele because you pretty much need 16 points in Death for that to be effective, and you won't be able to raise it beyond 12.

Any tips on Secondary Class choice? and what skills to choice?

I'm currently using a necro elementalist and one setup i had was had like lv 6 in blood curses and like 4 in in ice magic, i used ice prison well of blood life syphon vampiric gaze and two curses that caused life degeneration and one slowed them down as well. Meaning i had a creature at a given time around 50 percent slowed attack and 60 perfect overall. Course i'm tweeking my skills and everything sooo overall it'll be interesting to see what i can do.

I am debating going Blood or MM or Curse (pve) and I can decide which, Blood, looks liek it has some pritty hard hitting spells, but MM well, you are a MM, and curse well they have some powerful spells/hexs, I am at a loss.

Honestly, the only reason to take necromancer as your primary would be to get Soul Reaping. And if you go MM then you will be constantly feeding your own energy. What you might want to do is go Elementalist as primary, and then use curses only from the Necro list- using the two parasite spells to heal yourself while you blast things. That might be fun. :) But the only reason to take pure necro right now is for Soul Reaping, which as of yet has no actual skills tied to it- though there are collectors items that boost the reaping skill cast time by 20%, etc...

Squid out