PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Armor

GWOnline.Net Member

Armor

Ok I realize Gladiator's is generally speaking the best armor. But no matter what, I'm having at least knights/ascalon boots and weapon helm, and generally stonefist gauntlets. And its butt ugly. So I'm wondering if that 5 extra energy ahs ever been game breaking for anyone, since I've never had problems with my 15k plate and rest listed above, and debating over getting fissure armor so I don't look like a male stripper.

GWOnline.Net Member
    In most cases the optimal armor is indeed the Gladiator's Chest, Leggings, and Arms (Unless you use a hammer in which case take Stoneskin Gauntlets), and Knights/Ascalons Boots. It depends primarily what you will be doing with this armor as to what is actually better. If you are only going to be fighting monsters with elemental type damage, then Platemail is actually superior, however in most cases this is not true. Generally you will be facing a multitude of damage types, with physical being the primary type you see. It's not a case of the extra energy that Gladiator's gives you, it's the extra armor against physical damage that far surpasses that of any other set.

One thing to note however, is that Stoneskin Gauntlets do not increase the knockdown time of Backbreaker or Gale.
    Last edited by TheArrow; 28-01-2006 at 02:08.

GWOnline.Net Member
    They don't for Gale? Its capped on 4 seconds and gale does 3 seconds, and that's why I have stonefist, anyone else know about this?

generallt speaking unless your farming,plate has the best overall def.glads has 5 more def vs phys than plate but plate has 5 more vs magic,and both have higher than ascolon and knights.the extra nergy from glads will only help off hand and not in the long run because it just increases the maximum it doesnt solve the problem of slow energy regen.in most cases plate is better to have than glads because it has decent def against both and glads just has higher phys.the ultimate solution woud be to get plate and keep glads for when you need it.

personally ive never had energy problems either and if i want to stay alive against phys like farming griffons i use an evasion stance which works perfect.besides iether way the five def difference in either isnt enough to justify making your warrior look like a male stripper.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I'm talking about from a pvp standpoint (in most cases), and thinking about it, when warriors take damage in pvp, its generally not physical.

GWOnline.Net Member
    My skills require little or no energy, so I use Knight's. I figure better use of tactics, terrain, and strategies will amount to much more than slight differences in quantitative abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurin
    Ok I realize Gladiator's is generally speaking the best armor. But no matter what, I'm having at least knights/ascalon boots and weapon helm, and generally stonefist gauntlets. And its butt ugly. So I'm wondering if that 5 extra energy ahs ever been game breaking for anyone, since I've never had problems with my 15k plate and rest listed above, and debating over getting fissure armor so I don't look like a male stripper.
    I've tried about every armor combo in PvP and PvE. In PvP I've rarely seen it matter. It really depends on the build in the end. Adrenaline heavy builds can easily cope without the extra 5 energy, though many of the current PvP warrior builds are one step shy of being armored casters.

From PvE stand point, for those that care. I outright say go dragon/plate. The use of defensive stances really decreases the need to worry about many physical attacks. The extra 5 armor vs elem (this includes damage from wands and staves with light/chaos/ dark) will have a bigger impact reducing the damage from elemental spells which can't be blocked.

Stonefist Gauntlets increase all knockdown lengths below 3 seconds to 3 seconds. Gale and Backbreaker* are 3 and 4 seconds respectively, and so they're not affected.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctus Redryn
    My skills require little or no energy, so I use Knight's. I figure better use of tactics, terrain, and strategies will amount to much more than slight differences in quantitative abilities.
    This is why you should in fact, use Gladiator's over Knights. Compare the 2 sets of armor; Knights is 80+10vs Physical with a once per set damage reduction of 2 for attacks only, Gladiators is 80+20vs Physical and add up to 8 energy depending on how many pieces you take. However, since Knights currently provides global damage reduction against attacks with only one piece, its an advantage to take, for example, Knights boots and Gladiators for everything else except for your helm which should be matching to your weapons attribute. Although it may not seem like it on the surface, this is an advantage that is literally free to you. One that you should take advantage of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurin
    I'm talking about from a pvp standpoint (in most cases), and thinking about it, when warriors take damage in pvp, its generally not physical.
    In truth, unless you are facing an Elementalist heavy opposing team (air spike, obsidian flame spike, what have you), you actually end up taking far more physical damage than elemental over the course of a battle. Think about all those Warriors and Rangers that you see on many of the top teams, those are the guys that provide the killing power. The casters merely provide pressure with hexes/shutdown so that the Warriors/Rangers have an easier time of killing through overpowering the Monk's abilities to heal.
    Last edited by TheArrow; 28-01-2006 at 05:13.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigris Of Gaul
    Stonefist Gauntlets increase all knockdown lengths below 3 seconds to 3 seconds. Gale and Backbreaker* are 3 and 4 seconds respectively, and so they're not affected.
    Aw crap!

Oh well, I guess I can pitch for another piece of 15k in that case, rather than knights boots and stonefist gloves.