PC Gaming News

Suggestion to Assasin stance, and weapon wielding

In light of the complaints about Assasin animations (which I don't find a problem with), I have started scrutinizing the animations, stances, and the weapons of these Assasins.

Now obviously, the Assasin is still a work in progress and it may have very well changed by the time Ch. 2 comes out, but things I noticed that should change (imho) are: male Assasin passive stance, and weapon wielding.

The first issue stems from the fact that the male Assasin assumes the same hunchback stance as male Necromancers. I disliked that stance from the beginning, but felt it did make some sense for Necromancers. Assasins on the other hand should stand up straight, fiercely proud and dignified. Like the female does (if I recall right)

The second issue is the way their weapons are wielded, I wouldn't say it is UGLY or abnormal. Maybe it's just from watching too much Naruto but I believe assasins should hold it with the tip pointing out their pinky.

Excuse the crappy drawing I did in Paint in less than 1 minute and consider the "Ninja" style...would it be more suitable for Assasins? Please comment and share your opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire
    In light of the complaints about Assasin animations (which I don't find a problem with), I have started scrutinizing the animations, stances, and the weapons of these Assasins.

Now obviously, the Assasin is still a work in progress and it may have very well changed by the time Ch. 2 comes out, but things I noticed that should change (imho) are: male Assasin passive stance, and weapon wielding.

The first issue stems from the fact that the male Assasin assumes the same hunchback stance as male Necromancers. I disliked that stance from the beginning, but felt it did make some sense for Necromancers. Assasins on the other hand should stand up straight, fiercely proud and dignified. Like the female does (if I recall right)

The second issue is the way their weapons are wielded, I wouldn't say it is UGLY or abnormal. Maybe it's just from watching too much Naruto but I believe assasins should hold it with the tip pointing out their pinky.

Excuse the crappy drawing I did in Paint in less than 1 minute and consider the "Ninja" style...would it be more suitable for Assasins? Please comment and share your opinions.

at the moment the assassin apparently has no idea how to carry or use a pair of Sai, generally you keep the secondary sai with the point leading down your forearm with the point just reaching your elbow.
    the primary sai should be held forward, with your index or middle finger down the middle shaft for control.
    also, when people use Sai they tend to carry a set of 3 so that they can actually throw one and still have a set of two for close combat.

despite this i suspect when they release chapter2 the assassin will probably still be wielding Sai as though they were dual wielding short swords.

Last edited by Sai; 28-01-2006 at 13:49.

Is it just coincidental that your name is Sai? lol

Yeah that's what I mean, Assasins/Ninjas/Anyone who knows how to use daggers usually keeps one tucked under the forearm. Right now, they just look like they are dual wielding 2 short swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire
    Is it just coincidental that your name is Sai? lol

Yeah that's what I mean, Assasins/Ninjas/Anyone who knows how to use daggers usually keeps one tucked under the forearm. Right now, they just look like they are dual wielding 2 short swords.
    Sai happens to be a favorite weapon of mine :)

then how do you use the second sai if its running down your arm?...that doesn't seem to be the most versatile of positions...

Vertical up thrust or diagonal upward thrust to slit the face or neck. Sometimes also used to block projectiles or as a secret surprise weapon to catch the enemy off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronus24
    then how do you use the second sai if its running down your arm?...that doesn't seem to be the most versatile of positions...
    theres a number of things you can do, one is to thrust the ball of the sai into someones chest/face for a pounding blow or you can use it similar to a shield by deflecting a blow with the sai covering the lenght of your forearm.

sai can be very defensive weapons used for disarming or disabling opponents but they can also be used very offensively with quick thrusting moves and can also be thrown.

This would be how I'd like the Sai to be held *7-minute-paint-sketch*

The blade is between the index and middle finger. The thumb, 4th finger and pinky finger are wrapped around the handle...

GWOnline.Net Member
    i would love to see tantos and wakisashiz.. it would be awsome to hold a wakisazhi in one hand and a tanto in another...

on the stance thing, i belive that one dagger,sai should be pointing forward and the other going backwards up the forearm..

origanlly the ninja used "wepon running down their arm" stance, to conceal the wepon. This was of course to hide it, but it also made blocking that kind of attack much harder. because if you cant really see the wepon, you cant really see where the blade is about to slash or thrust.

One stance the ninja used was having their right arm almoast on their butt with a sword going up their back. This was good for evading enemies and slashing at the same time, without the attacker seeing where the point of attack would come from. You had to be really good at evading though, since blocking from that stance is hopless.

sorry for my lack of grammar

Btw...not just talking about Sai here, I'm talking about the male passive stance and the use of the daggers as a whole should be one in front one concealed up the forearm.