PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Great Pet Combo's with other classes

I thought I would list some other class combo's beside Ranger to help you out with your pet.

Necromancer Pet Helpers

Blood Skills

Well of Blood-When your pet dies don't cry, make a well and help out
    other pets or warriors with some +5-6 health regen.

(I wouldn't bring Well of Power, has same health regen as Well of blood and pets have no energy anyways. Use a better elite for pets.)

Curse Skills

Barbs-Hex spell that last 30 secs and adds damage with each physical hit. Good if team your in calls attacks.

Enfeebling Blood-Causes weakness to Target foe and all adjacent ones aas well. (you sacrifice 17% health). Many people don't think Weakness is a worth while condition, but it will give your pets and others longer tanking power because Monsters will be attacking for less damage.

Mark of Pain-Hex Spell that last 30 secs and deal shadow damage to all adjacent foes. Good for if monsters are grouped up, but beware Mark of Pain causes AOE damage and creatures will scamper and might go after team and not pets.

Plague Sending-If you happen to get a condition on you(one condtion at a time), send it back to the monsters and all adjacent ones as well and spike with Scavengers Strike.

Plague Signet-Same as Plague Sending, but send ALL conditions. This is an elite skill though. I would go with Plague Sending, but it's up to you

Shadow of Fear-Make Target foe and all adjacent ones as well attack slower for 20-39 seconds. Give pets longer staying power.

Spiteful Spirit-This is an elite skill and if your necro i'm pretty sure you know what this skill does. (Oh no not a couple months back though when I liked to use it and got laughed at for using it groups and never got in any groups for using it, but thats another story.)

Suffering- Negative 2 Health degen on Target and all adjacent, why not.

Death Skills-(I see Death+Beastmastery becoming very powerful)

Animate Bone Fiend, Bone Horror, Bone Minions-If your in a group with lots of pets.......prepare for lots of minions. Pets die quick and rez quick so there will be minions galore, but energy might be a problem. Soul Reaping might solve that though.

Consume Corpse-Need some extra Health or Energy Keep an eye out for when team mates pets die and yours to use it.

Death Nova-Damage and Poison for when your pet or others die......ouch.

Putrid Explosion-And you thought you would never have fun seeing your pet die. Blow him up and other dead pets for 100+ damage.

Soul Feast-If your running low on health just suck up a dead pet or two for some health.

Tainted Flesh-Cast this on all the pets and Warriors to put some degen on monsters,this is an elite skill

Well of Suffering Take use of a dead body and cause -5 degen with this well....woooooo

Warrior Pet Helpers

Furocious Strike (pet elite skill) allows for energy and adrenaline when your pet connects for this attack. Use this to allow for extra adrenaline for all Weapon attacks and energy for when you need it.

Use and Weapon attack that causes any type of condtion to spike with Scavenger's Strike

Axe SKills

Disrupting Chop-Use this and Distrupting Lunge too just be flat out annoying.

Strength

"I WIll Avenge You" You all should now what this does and this build has angered the NAABM (National Association for the Advancement of Beast Masters)

Sword Skills

[i]Final Thrust[i]-You deal 32 more damage and it is doubled if target's health is below 50. Combo with Brutal Strike for some very nice damage.

[i]Savage Slash[i]-Combo with Disrupting Lunge to be a pain again.

Tactics

"Shields Up"-Be a pal give your pet and pet friends some armor.

"Victory is Mine"-Combo this with some condtions of your own and some pet condtions to gain some health and energy. Scavengers Strike would work well also with these moves. Elite Skill

"Watch Yourself-Be a Pal Give your pets some more armor.

Mesmer Pet Helpers

Illusion Magic

Fevered Dreams-Use this one target and then use some pet condtions to spread them out to th enemies. Combo with [i]Scavengers Strike for some more damage. This is an elite skill

Fragility Keep adding Condtions to add more damage, good combo with Scavenger's Strike

Phantom Pain-Nice degen at start then weakness, here is a little combo.
    Phantom Pain, Fragility, Feral Lunge, Scavenger's Strike, weakness should kick in then Scavenger's again.

Other Skills

Echo Copy any one of your pet attacks and keep applying it. I would rather go R/Me for this for less energy for pet attacks, this is a elite

Epidemic-C'mon on now your pet worked so hard to put condtions on that one enemy, be a pal and give those condtions to the others as well.

Monk Pet Helpers

You monks use your own Healing and Protections skills they way you want. There is no real combo with this and pet skills besides you just healing and helping your pet to last longer.

Healing Spells

Life Vicariously- Cast this on your pet on use Call of Haste to keep your health at a good level. I would suggest that your healing be high for +10 or more health for each attack your pet lands.

Smite Spells-Lots of Good ones here :)

Balthazaur's Aura-Good move to cast on pet while they are attacking, but causes AOE and monsters could come at you.

Balthazaur's Spirit-Maintain this on your pet for some extra energy.

Judge's Insight-Give your pet some Holy damage and some Armor Penatrion for a bit. Great for the undead.

Retribution-Keep this on your pet and make the enemy take damage for each time they attack him.

Shield of Judgement-Great Spell, cast this on your pet for knockdowns and damage for each time they attack your furry friend, or Scaley friend, or Feathery. Elite skill

Smite Hex-How dare them cast a hex on your pet...take it off and cause some damage to near by monsters.

Strength of Honor-Maintain this enchantment for your pet to hit for more damage.

Other Skills

Essence Bond-Use this on your pet to gain enrgy for damage your pet takes

Elementalist Pet Helpers

I didn't see any truely great combo's with Ele moves. Use Wards for extra protection for your pet, but try to avoid you getting hit. Also burn with fire magic and Scavenger's Strike, but burn doesn't last long so you might not get the combo off.

Those are some combo's you mix with your Pet besides Ranger moves. I'm sure there are more combo's and if there are please list them. I hope this helps all you Beast Masters out there.
    Last edited by Zylor; 30-01-2006 at 21:01.

There's also Windborn onto a pet, remember anything that works great on a war usually works great on a pet. However the order spells dont work on pets as they are considered allies not party members....
    IGN: Zero Djinn
    Problem that needs immediate attention? IM me

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylor
    Monk Pet Helpers
    Another one that works well is Zealot's Fire. Spam Draw Conditions and Reversal of Fortune on your pet to see this work. I can't figure out if it causes the AoE scramble though. If it doesn't, it would work great in the new Tombs.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Add Vampiric Touch in Blood. Ferocious Strike + Vampiric Touch = ownage There is NO class in the game that can spam VT the way Ranger does. In fact, with Ferocious Strike, Ranger has almost as high (if not higher) energy pool than most casters. The only thing is Ranger beast masters don't have the skill slots for a variety of spells.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasongst
    Another one that works well is Zealot's Fire. Spam Draw Conditions and Reversal of Fortune on your pet to see this work. I can't figure out if it causes the AoE scramble though. If it doesn't, it would work great in the new Tombs.
    You know what... I never know how Zealot Fire works. I mean some said Comfort is supposed to work with Zealot but I've tried it and it doesn't work. :(

Good post, good ideas

An ele could use pets for Ferocious strike to recharge energy, also just as a meat shield (use call of protection, symbiotic bond etc to make it live longer).

There could be a problem with necros using the pet's corpse is the skill shut down when the pet dies/reses, stops you doing doing stuff straight away. Also I want to try Predatory season as a way to help keep minions alive.

What you say about the necro's is true it's just when I was in a 8-man Bm group i saw so many dead pets and people rezed them so fast. All those dead bodies could add some extra damage.

Preadatory season is great 20%less healing +5hp for each hit they make for everyone

Good ideas with the R/W a I didnt think of using melee wepons and scavengers.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zylor
    I thought I would list some other class combo's beside Ranger to help you out with your pet.

Warrior Pet Helpers

Strength

"I WIll Avenge You" You all should now what this does and this build has angered the NAABM (National Association for the Advancement of Beast Masters)
    No, abuse of this build has angered the NAABM. But it's a great spell to take with you when you go with an all BM team. When we went to the UW, there were times when all our pets died (mostly because of some AoE spell). Using IWAY can be very helpfull at that time. At the same time, somebody else can ress the pets and you can all go on happily together...

I was kinda curious to try Spinal Shivers and Winter (to make the pet do cold damage).

Maybe I will try it coming up...if only it robbed the pets energy pool-->

Elementalist Pet Helpers

I didn't see any truely great combo's with Ele moves. Use Wards for extra protection for your pet, but try to avoid you getting hit. Also burn with fire magic and Scavenger's Strike, but burn doesn't last long so you might not get the combo off.
    Scavengers.

Blinding Flash
    Spell. Target foe is Blinded for (Min: 3 - Max: 10) seconds.

Enervating Charge
    Spell. Target foe is struck for (Min: 5 - Max: 50) lightning damage and suffers from Weakness for (Min: 5 - Max: 20) seconds. This spell has 25% armor penetration.

Eruption
    Spell. Cause an Eruption at target foe's location. For 5 seconds, foes near this location are struck for (Min: 5 - Max: 34) earth damage each second. When Eruption ends, foes in the area of effect are Blinded for 10 seconds. (no one stands in AOEs though)

Just a few thoughts....I ran a Perma-Mistform pet build for awhile, but that of course helped me and not the mutt.
    Last edited by Sun is in us; 31-01-2006 at 21:48.