PC Gaming News

Thread: Pet XP

Pet XP

One quick question about pets. Do they earn the same amount of XP regardless of how many people are in my party? For instance, if i went solo would it earn teh same amount of XP as if i took a party of 8?(assuming of course monsters r the same level) Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

I would think, since they don't take away party experience that they would get the same nomatter the party size. That is just my thought, I have no proof.

I'm not an authority on this, but it does seem that the number of people in your party (humans and henchmen) does effect the amount of XP your pet gets. I soloed hydras and sand drakes to level up my dune lizard, and it went from L19 to 20 much faster when I was soloing, than when I was henching it earlier. I could be wrong though. You may want to test it out for yourself.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points
    Server

Jade Quarry
    Guild

Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA]
    The last section of the Pet FAQ should answer your question

Click here for the Pet FAQ

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Malhavoc Adhamar
    The last section of the Pet FAQ should answer your question

Click here for the Pet FAQ
    The pet FAQ is incorrect. Pets below the owner's level gain experience faster than a player of their level would for the kill. The rate is roughly double the experience a player of the pet's level would gain (well, the actual XP amount is questionable, but it takes about half the kills that would be needed for levelling a player of that level, so the experience per kill/experience per level ratio is ~doubled).

Pets do not count toward the experience earned by other party members, or by other pets.

The pet FAQ is incorrect. Pets below the owner's level gain experience faster than a player of their level would for the kill. The rate is roughly double the experience a player of the pet's level would gain (well, the actual XP amount is questionable, but it takes about half the kills that would be needed for levelling a player of that level, so the experience per kill/experience per level ratio is ~doubled).

Pets do not count toward the experience earned by other party members, or by other pets.
    Just confirming what this guy said it is indead faster exp for the pet

the pet generally earns xp faster than the owner and is nearly always one level "ahead " of its master , I have noticed . I don't know if this is still true once it has reached level 20 though.

pets are interesting allies....maybe anet could just list all of the effects of pets instead of us having to do tests and guess about the value a pet brings to a party.

Quote Originally Posted by jciardha
    I'm not an authority on this, but it does seem that the number of people in your party (humans and henchmen) does effect the amount of XP your pet gets. I soloed hydras and sand drakes to level up my dune lizard, and it went from L19 to 20 much faster when I was soloing, than when I was henching it earlier. I could be wrong though. You may want to test it out for yourself.

I have to agree with you. I have leveled several pets trying different leveling techniques. I usually level pets outside of port sledge. Going from level 17-18 took me 4 runs killing grawl with a full group of henchies. Going from 19-20 only took me 2.25 runs (the thrid time through I killed the first couple of groups and my pet leved to 20) and this was me with 3 henchies.

So I do believe the amount of people in your group effects the amount of XP a pet gains.

Was never a beastmaster fan, but with the new barrage/pet fad at Tombs, I figured I might as well get one. I opted for the elder wolves outside CopperMines. I think I had to make around 10 trips to finally get it with hench...

I then proceeded to level it by soloing ice imps and siege ice golems outside Ice Caves of Sorrow. I think it required about 3 runs in the brooks to level the pet from 15 to 20. I was quite surprised! What other fast leveling places are there, considering you want do it solo to speed up the process?