PC Gaming News
    Moai

Character Naming Question?

Is it physically possible to name your character in Guild Wars after an NPC. In all other MMOs I have played you cannot. Does the same ring true for this game?

Moai
    Does anyone know wether or not GW blocks NPC names?

Cyric
    I would be pretty sure that it's not.

Besides, even if it was someone else would have done it by now, wouldn't they :)

(yes that was my first post - since joining in October, lol)

My newest toon is Alesias Dumb Sister and I saw Prince Ruriks Ex in Ascalon a few weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by Charr Broiled
    My newest toon is Alesias Dumb Sister and I saw Prince Ruriks Ex in Ascalon a few weeks ago
    That sort of thing is possible, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to name a character "Prince Rurik".

Quote Originally Posted by Amadei
    That sort of thing is possible, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to name a character "Prince Rurik".
    yeah you cant..

I tryed to name myself Mage Henchmen for tombs once..wasnt allowed

Not allowed to make Mage Henchmen (or henchman, which ever you tried)? Most likely someone beat you to the punch, not the game preventing it. Consider that most NPC names have already been used, the only sure way to get an NPC name is to find one everyone hates, or put the name on your pet with the /petname command.

You wouldn't believe the difficulty I get trying to find funny names that havent been used for my pvp characters. Amazingly, my wamo name of Too Dumb To Die hasn't been taken over even after deleting the character.