PC Gaming News
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nidy
    About Janthir...I dont think im allowed to link to it, but guildwiki tells us that "Janthir is a sacred island of the White Mantle"
    No idea where they got this info, but apprently, from the same site, "Saul D'Alessio brought the artifact from the Island of Janthir where it is said that the inhabitants posses the gift of True Sight and that the artifact possesses a fraction of this power. "
    Janthir = Home of Mursatt?
    I dont know, see what you guys can do with this.
    That would meant hat when ascended at got the gift of true sight we would be able to see the chosen wouldnt it? Maybe ascension will have more of a noticeable effect sometime in the future, at least you can hope. Wait when did Saul go to an island? All I remember is being bansihed..mursaat city..come back, white mantle..died against charr. If he did indeed go to this Island and the mursaat city is in the jungle could the island be ember light camp? or maybe one of the battle isles?

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Quote Originally Posted by iamArc
    That would meant hat when ascended at got the gift of true sight we would be able to see the chosen wouldnt it? Maybe ascension will have more of a noticeable effect sometime in the future, at least you can hope. Wait when did Saul go to an island? All I remember is being bansihed..mursaat city..come back, white mantle..died against charr. If he did indeed go to this Island and the mursaat city is in the jungle could the island be ember light camp? or maybe one of the battle isles?
    Well, all the accounts of Saul's encounter with the Mursaat say is that he stumbled upon a city of Mursaat, which I have been calling "The City of the Unseen"; however, this does not mean he did not go to other Mursaat cities.

Here are a few supporting points:
    1) As a civilization, it is logical that the Mursaat would have more than just one city.
    2) We do not know how long Saul was with the Mursaat or where they took him, we only know when he came back, he was a changed man.
    3) If what nidy says is true, and there is a Isle or City of Janthir, than it means that the Mursaat have at least two cities, and that Saul went to both of them.

I said before that the Searing and the Crystal Desert Cataclysm could be linked.
    As we all know the Desert was covered by water before. And now we see a great, hot and dry desert made of small crystal "dust". During Searing cut scene we see big crystal formations falling from the sky and destroying Ascalon.

Ascalon was a "normal" place. And then became a dry desert with Crystal Formations. For me, it looks like an connection between the searing and the Desert cataclysm.

And we all know that the Mursaat could have lived on the Desert before, and how the Charr might have a connection with the Titans. So, my little theory is that the Titans in their war against the Mursaat destroyed the Desert, thus forcing them to retreat to Maguuma. And soon after that, they found the Bloodstone and could lock them on the Door of Komalie. But the powerful Titans still had a small influence over their Charr, and then they could trigger the searing (Using the same kind of magic used on the desert), thus forcing the chosen to move and trigger the Flameseeker Prophecy, releasing thet titans once again.

Evidences that could support my theory:

-Presence of Enchanted on Desert showing signs of Mursaat hand on them. Maybe they were an "primitive" version of the Jades.
    -The Crystal formations on Desert and Ascalon.
    -The searing was the fact that could trigger the Flameseeker Prophecy. Perhaps without it, "you" would never leave Ascalon.

Hope i don't sound too stupid ;P

I try to put this as kindly as I can cause I DO NOT want to offend anyone or something like that, but.. There's just too many flaws that I won't even get on to this atm. I'll take good night sleep and try to learn little bit more english tomorrow morning and take sometime to read this topic through with more time few times.

Divinity Coast.. sometimes your answer is right in front of you.

~Nidy~
    Last edited by nidy; 14-02-2006 at 01:48.

The island of Janthir could be the Mursaat city. Or an Island where the mursaat were keeping the Eye. ;P

More interesting info.

Am I stupid, or does no one know where this temple is? Well-traveled roads...we should be able to find it, right?

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    Nidy - perhaps somewhere among Serpent Lakes? I've not explored that area yet. Or is it that floating castle?

Quintus commented on Great Giants being Titans. Personally I suspect those are giant repetiles (sort like our dinosaurs) and you can see their bones in the Desert.

As for King expressing remorse for his son's exile - I believe he does regret his decision to disown and exile Rurik. After completeing Last Day Dawn quest, if you talk to the King, he seems to be filled with sorrow. I wish I took a screenie of his comments.

I know I'm a bit late but since I took the time to make those screenies, you guys will have to suffer ;)

Grenth Temple in UW

Close up of the dias

'Eye' and runes on a pillar (two of them)

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    Balthazar Temple in the Falls

Quintus - if you want to plan an expedition of any sorts, do let me know. I'll be delighted to lend a hand. Even Southern Silverpeaks doesn't scare me - I explore those areas with henchies all the time. So please don't hesitate!

Quote Originally Posted by Barinthus
    Balthazar Temple in the Falls

Quintus - if you want to plan an expedition of any sorts, do let me know. I'll be delighted to lend a hand. Even Southern Silverpeaks doesn't scare me - I explore those areas with henchies all the time. So please don't hesitate!
    Seconded, I'd love to explore anywhere you want.