PC Gaming News
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    ACtually that eye this specific symbol is depiected at Balthazar Temples. I suspect that the Heroe's Ascent was built by a follower of Balthazar. Atlhough eye symbols have also been depicted by Janthir and Lyssa, although this specifically is found around Balthazar temples.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxares
    <snip>

All in all, the Mursaat have done all they have done simply in the hopes of saving themselves, which came to naught in the end anyway.

What I am curious about is if Glint's prophecies were really a prophecy, or simply a grand scheme concocted by her to eliminate the Mursaat AND the Lich... I wouldn't put it past somebody of her age and intelligence to come up with such a scheme AND have the time and resources to pull it off.
    Classic self-fulfilling prophecy. If they hadn't done anything, nothing would have happened.

If you take the tack that the Mursaat manipulated the Charr, then if they'd just let things lie, nothing would have happened. If instead you think they just took advantage of the Charr to take over Kryta... without their involvement the Charr probably wouldn't have been driven back, and even if they were, the Chosen would certainly have more important things to worry about than fulfilling the Prophecies - although some bright spark may have decided that fulfilling the Prophecies was the key to defeating the Charr.

I personally don't think the Mursaat tipped of the Searing - it seemed that some Ascalon natives had realised that the time of the Flameseeker Prophecies was upon them (okay, you always get madmen and false prophets, especially in times of crisis, but they did seem a little more specific than that) indicating that the Searing may have been mentioned in the Prophecies. Now, if the Searing was indeed linked to the prophesised doom of the Mursaat, wouldn't they want to do whatever they could to stop it(possibly to the extent of stopping the Guild Wars themselves and rallying humanity to wage a genocidal war against the Charr)? I suspect that it's far more likely that they realised that the time of the Prophecies had arrived and stepped in, not realising that their intereference would be what would precipitate the completion of the Prophecy.*

*Or maybe it didn't - maybe the 'original' prophecy just had the Lich recruiting duped heroes from the fight against the Charr instead of the Chosen finding out about the Mantle killing Chosen, but the prophecy self-corrected... (or was corrected with a little behind-the-scenes help from Glint and/or the Seers.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman
    I *think* the Mursaat are not from this world. I might be wrong, though. But i seem to remember the seer said something like that. Might be either a translation flaw, or bad memory, however.
    If you talk to the seer in the infusion mission (forgot the name, yay.), he/she/it will tell you you need to hunt down the Eilodon(sp?). The Eilodon has natural defenses against the mursaat magics.

Now assuming the eilodons are from Tyria, the mursaat probably are aswell.

300 years ago, Glint declares the Flameseeker Prophecies, and the Mursaat, frightened of their own destruction foretold in the Prophecies, begin to take steps to ensure that it never happens. They know that it will be a human Chosen who will cause their destruction, but they don't know WHERE the Chosen will come from. Thus, they set into motion the Charr invasion, urging the Charr to destroy the human kingdoms of Ascalon and Orr.

The Charr had initially worshipped the Titans as their ancient gods, but then the Mursaat showed up and insinuated themselves into the Charr religion, resulting in the Mursaat effigies being displayed alongside the Titan ones. The Mursaat give the Charr the magical knowledge necessary to perform the Searing, and at first all seems well.
    Yeah, I kinda agree here. I was bored this afternoon and explored pretty much all Charr-occupied territories. After a while I started paying more attention to the effigies of the Charr 'gods'. And I don't know why, but I've come across one hell of a lot more mursaat effigies than titan ones. The ratio was about 10-20 mursaat effigies vs 1 titan one.

Maybe there was a shift in balance. Like in Kryta, where the 'unseen gods' slowly take the place of the gods of old.
    Last edited by teh Monkeys; 14-02-2006 at 14:36.

Quote Originally Posted by teh Monkeys
    If you talk to the seer in the infusion mission (forgot the name, yay.), he/she/it will tell you you need to hunt down the Eilodon(sp?). The Eilodon has natural defenses against the mursaat magics.

Now assuming the eilodons are from Tyria, the mursaat probably are aswell.

Yeah, I kinda agree here. I was bored this afternoon and explored pretty much all Charr-occupied territories. After a while I started paying more attention to the effigies of the Charr 'gods'. And I don't know why, but I've come across one hell of a lot more mursaat effigies than titan ones. The ratio was about 10-20 mursaat effigies vs 1 titan one.

Maybe there was a shift in balance. Like in Kryta, where the 'unseen gods' slowly take the place of the gods of old.

Although as the Seer and Mursaat are described as being Transdimensional and Extratirrestiral, so may be the Eilodon.

I just stumbled across something: In the 'Bandit's Trouble' quest, you have to deliver a Token of Janthir to a farm girl. This makes it almsot certain that the Eye Of Janthir is the symbol of the Mursaat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eratimus
    Although as the Seer and Mursaat are described as being Transdimensional and Extratirrestiral, so may be the Eilodon.
    It is said, that the Gods created other worlds after the Exodus. (Some dude in ToA says this).

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ironwire
    I just stumbled across something: In the 'Bandit's Trouble' quest, you have to deliver a Token of Janthir to a farm girl. This makes it almsot certain that the Eye Of Janthir is the symbol of the Mursaat.
    I am not knocking what your syaing, just looking for the lore of the quest. What part of it do you see that connects it the Mursaat. It has been a while since I had done it.

It is said, that the Gods created other worlds after the Exodus. (Some dude in ToA says this).
    Who is it specifclaly that says this. I can not seem to locate him in the ToA,.

I am not knocking what your syaing, just looking for the lore of the quest. What part of it do you see that connects it the Mursaat. It has been a while since I had done it.
    The mantle give the token to you.

Quote Originally Posted by teh Monkeys
    The mantle give the token to you.
    While we know the Janthir is connected tot he White Mantle as that is where the eye was obtain from, but I am not sure if this validates that the eye is from the Mursaat. I am not saying it isnt. Only that this really diesnt point towardst he Mursaat, only the Mantle, which we know some how got the eye from the island.

Does someone happen to have an image or willing to get an image of this Token of Janthir?

Another thought regarding Janthir. The Tablets of Janthir display the doctrine of the White Mantle. Why would something of the Janthir depict this? Why would it have or someone write it on a Janthir tablet?
    Last edited by Eratimus; 14-02-2006 at 17:22.

While we know the Janthir is connected tot he White Mantle as that is where the eye was obtain from, but I am not sure if this validates that the eye is from the Mursaat. I am not saying it isnt. Only that this really diesnt point towardst he Mursaat, only the Mantle, which we know some how got the eye from the island.
    The island which talks about those with True Sight, specifically NOT the Unseen Gods.

I agree, Eratimus. I still think that the Mantle's culture is built up around a "tool" of the Mursaat. I definitely don't think the Mursaat's interdimensional/planar/whatever culture is built up around it.