PC Gaming News
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
    thanks for the idea Azazel,
    the Ghosts couldn't then because they forgot how to, but they remembered and even now very well can. While I cannot disprove the inter-dimensional theory, I don't agree with it. And I highly disagree with the Lord Odran connection. That of Quintus in his Odran Code thread too (which I have many many comments on but don't feel like resurrecting just to make corrections on mistakes that are minor but hurt his credibility).
    i thought quintus thought that odran was a mursaat himself, but we actually only for certain that he build/created those gates and that he was torn apart by angry spirits, i just had an idea that maybe those spirits where the mursaat.

Since we talk to that Seer and when Odran first entered the rift 221
    years have past. (at least 2 centuries).

I know it is a far out hypothesis, but it does fit in.

I dont know how the eruption is tied with it, but the eruption was a mayor event in Tyrian History, and an event of great importance, thats why i think it maybe can be a reason for them to chance plains of excistance(voluntarily or not).

I honestly cannot help with disproving anything, as little is known about their history. And all I have to say is that this is one far out Hypothesis. From my perspective.
    By giving arguments and telling how you see it already helps.
    Lets me review my theory and put all arguments in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Creamwave View Post
    i thought quintus thought that odran was a mursaat himself, but we actually only for certain that he build/created those gates and that he was torn apart by angry spirits, i just had an idea that maybe those spirits where the mursaat.
    Quintus does/did believe that Odran was a Mursaat. I personally disagree as there is no evidence to support this. I'll give a little leeway to one of Quintus' two "origins of the Mursaat" theories (one being they are interdimensional, the other being they were once humans who ascended - I give leeway for the interdimentional one due to the Alchemy Circle that and my believing translations of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Creamwave
    Since we talk to that Seer and when Odran first entered the rift 221
    years have past. (at least 2 centuries).

I know it is a far out hypothesis, but it does fit in.

I dont know how the eruption is tied with it, but the eruption was a mayor event in Tyrian History, and an event of great importance, thats why i think it maybe can be a reason for them to chance plains of excistance(voluntarily or not).
    You still lose me with the whole volcano tying with anything. All it did was shoot the 5 bloodstones across Tyria, nothing to support anything else happened. Important in history yes, but only because of the bloodstones being shot across the continent, which then created wars between the human kingdoms in desire for the power of the bloodstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Creamwave
    By giving arguments and telling how you see it already helps.
    Lets me review my theory and put all arguments in it.
    I'll look forward to it. I suggest some research along-side reviewing the hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Azazel The Assassin View Post
    the Ghosts couldn't then because they forgot how to, but they remembered and even now very well can.
    It's a minor point, but..It's not that they forgot, it's just that they had never tried as there was no real reason to. Nothing living and physical ever trespassed into their territory until Lord Odran came along.

Mursaat Structure Materials/Bloodstone-Mursaat Relation/Jade Armors

Mursaat Structure Materials

Recently I got thinking about the Mursaat Structures while working on a video. Now we all know that one idea that has been around that I have disagreed with as illogical for a while: The structures are made out of the Bloodstone materials.

At first, I had three thoughts. First, why would the Mursaat use that which takes souls upon death as their buildings – forcing themselves to be on them daily?

Second, how could there be so much Bloodstone material? Surely they wouldn’t carry the Bloodstone in masse across the sea.

My third thought was that the Mursaat Structures were too purple compared to the Bloodstones. And this is rather true. The Mursaat Structures are in fact purplish-red while the Bloodstones are more of a Crimson Red.

One of the Gates of the Onyx Gates:

Spoiler

The crimson red part of the Bloodstone Fen Bloodstone:

Spoiler

However, when I went through Abaddon’s Mouth recently and instead of rushing through the later half like I usually do (along with most people) I took the time to look at the shapes of the structures, and I noticed something interesting.

Mursaat structure materials jutting out of the rocks underneath normal ground level:

Spoiler

This made me reconsider the possibility of the structures being made out of the Bloodstone.

So I looked at the Bloodstone in Bloodstone Caves. This is known to be a less crimson red color, closer to that of the Mursaat structures.

Spoiler

However, this Bloodstone is extremely dirty as well, so that might be a reason for the color.

Then a thought hit me. If the Bloodstone in Abaddon’s Mouth really is the keystone, shouldn’t it be bigger then the other Bloodstones?

Think about it, the other four Bloodstones cannot re-unite unless the Keystone is used. What could make it so the Keystone locks the others together? I came with two theories:

1) While the four other Bloodstones are linked to a school of Magic, the Keystone holds a magic that acts like a magnet for the Bloodstones, locking them together.
    Or
    2) The Keystone takes its location in the middle of the four Bloodstones, acting like a placeholder.

If it is in fact the later, which I believe it to be, then the Keystone would be much larger then the rest. As such, it could easily reach the outer gates of the Onyx Gate (where the first picture is taken and where the second two bosses are fought). Also, as such, there would be plenty of Bloodstone materials.

So that solves the issue of amount of Bloodstone for materials. But it still doesn’t solve the other two problems.

Well, I think I found the answer to the color-issure.

Lighting.

Of the Keystone Bloodstone – the only Bloodstone the materials should be related to – the Bloodstone that we have always known to be the Bloodstone is next to a lot of lava and lighting. The rest has less lighting, although not a lot less, still less.

So I took a picture at the best lighting I could find:

Spoiler

Not perfectly crimson, but it seems closer. But why not the exact same color?

I believe that the crimson red color was made by the proximity to the lava – perfectly logical in comparison to the structures. It seems the farther up; the less red and darker it looks. But this could be just lighting as well. This is as far as I have been able to answer this.

Bloodstone-Mursaat Realtion

Now for the last issue I had before. Why build things out of something that could prove dangerous to handle and could trap your soul upon death preventing resurrection?

I believe the symbol we see on what has been thought to be the only part of the Bloodstone to be the source of soul draining.

Spoiler

Why do I say that?

Because why does the Preservation Bloodstone (Bloodstone Fen) and the Keystone have the same affect while the Aggression Bloodstone (Bloodstone Caves) has a different effect?

Because the soul draining is not the effect of the Bloodstones:

Preservation Bloodstone: Brings life to the Maguuma and gives magical powers to the water.
    Aggression Bloodstone: The Aura of the Bloodstone
    Keystone Bloodstone: Links the other Bloodstones together.

You may say “But there are the symbols in the Bloodstone Caves too, what effect do those do?” Simple. They absorb souls (taken care of by Gadd in the Mission) which locks/unlocks the doors. Just as the inscriptions on the Keystone Bloodstone locks/unlocks the Door of Komali.

So the Bloodstone used, the Keystone Bloodstone, has no affect on the Mursaat via the structures.

Jade Armors

Just a little side thing I noticed about the Jade Armors:

Spoiler

You can make out a body in the center of the casing that they come out of. These seem to me to resemble someone in warrior White Mantle armor. The most dominant part of it is the face, which seems, to me at least, to have a shocked/scared/in pain expression.

Wow... this would be a great thread