PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Very concise, very thourough theories....good job.

I would like to add a new twist into the mix:

As there are no existing red-jade looking remnants anywhere in the jungle (except for the bloodstone), It could be surmised that Paul D'Alessio, in his fever driven delirium, had not actually "discovered" a great Mursaat "city" hidden deep within the jungle. Instead, he may have stumbled across one of the Murssat's teleporters (there are a few examples of these in the Southern Shiverpeaks, One is near Markus in the Iron Mines of Moladune(sp?)), possibly near or around the bloodstone. Paul either accidentally stumbled through, or was carried by some unknown mursaat through the portal to the Murssat homeland possibly far to the north (or south, or west, unknown at this time)of Kryta. This is the best possible theory that I have so far concerning the Paul/Mursaat connection.

Well hotshot, if what you say is correct, then where is the teleporter?

Good question. I feel that the Mursaat do posess the ability to manipulate that red jade-like material. When they had finished establishing the White Mantle in Kryta, they simply moved on taking their "toys" with them, (presently believed to be heavily in the southern shiverpeaks region at the present time due to the presence of the teleporters)

My current interest is in The eye of Janthir....Who is Janthir? Was he an elder god? Are they a long lost race who carved the eyes on the shrines in the jungles? Were they the ancestors of the Mursaat? Will Anet ever release more of the map from the northern parts of the Magumma jungle? IS there a fabled city of the Mursaat north of the jungle?

There are too many spots on the map, as it is, that are covered by the fog of war, Comeon Anet! throw us a bone! Give us more of the story behind these and many other questions.

I think you should look around the area of riversideprovendes and those temples in that area.

I think the Mursaat and Seers are extra-dimensional beings in an intergalactic war. They both float and have similar body shape except for the extra arms on the seer.
    Perhaps on a fateful gigantic battle, a rift in space-time was torn in their world and stranded a group of them on the planet housing Tyria and Cantha (let's call the planet GW).
    Before arriving on GW, the mursaat used ancient weapons that're so technologically advanced, it appears as magic to primitive humans, their touch of agony is a highly concentrated dose of cosmic radiation, and the Seers have developed synthetic shielding against this weapon.
    Upon arrival on GW, their ancient weapons no longer work, due to lack of suitable energy source to power them. Although they retain their agonizing touch (it's radioactive, with a very long half-life), on the other hand, the seers were at an disadvantage, as the planet lacks resources to manufacture their armor. Fortunately, they discovered a creature on GW that appears to have some defence (not totally) against the Mursaatium isotopes.

Imagine astronauts stranded on a primitive planet and their hi-tech equipment failing as each day pass, that's what the 2 races were experiencing.
    The Seers seem unable to cope with the change in environment and gradfually died out, save a handful.
    The Mursaat, however, adapted. They discovered a strong spiritual presense in the old gods (they were quite involved in shaping the world at that time), and learned to use magic. They mastered magic rather quickly and decided to discard their mobile armors. The armors were then converted into "Jade" class autonomous battle armors.

As time passed, the Mursaat got more powerful and proud, no longer willing to worship the gods.
    The gods, being petty and cruel, were obviously displeased. They order the Mursaat be driven out, or wiped out. This task was handed to Glint.

Glint then devised a plot that'd take many centuries to come to fruition, manipulating minds of GW's denizens, through the Flameseeker Prophecies.
    All Glint wanted was to get rid of the Mursaat, everything else were just pawns in her elaborate chess set, expendable.

We may never know how much power the real Mursaats back in their own world possess, but we all know the Mursaats in Tyria were severely limited by magic available to them.

Guild Wars Episode 5 : The Mursaat Strikes Back! :P

The enchanted armors could be remains of Mursaat who died in ancient battles. Glint added insult to them by animating their armor, turning them into fodder for those ascension tests.

that was a great read....superb work ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius
    And yet, Glint still lives... The Mursaat aren't the bad guys here, far from it. Just because the Shining Blade says they are, doesn't mean it is true. But all that is just my own interpertation of the facts.

Who says that Glint lives? As I recall, she is slain in her own lair, surrounded by depris left behind the rended Enchanted Armors and the snake blood puddles in which the Forgotten lay dead. (the bonusof Dragon's Lair)

I really think that Glint wasn't expecting that from the ascended .

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius
    I feel that the Mursaat are actually the good guys in the game.

Let's look at the evidence. They saved Kryta. Let's face it, they didn't have to do that, the Charr weren't an immediate threat to them, and it didn't matter if they Krytans were around.
    If they are evil, it would fit that they needed worshippers. An ego needs to be fed.

They have been keeping the Titans locked away. Sure they had to kill a few Chosen to do it, but they realized that the deaths of a few mean the lives of many.
    Has it really been said that the chosen are NECESSARY to power the bloodstones? Arent they themselves already concentrated magic?
    I think they rather used the soul-trapping ability of the bloodstones, to prevent the chosen from being ressurected.

They took in the Ascalonian refugees.
    Im not sure if it really were the Mursaat that did that. The krytans do have some autonomy left. The Liongard, for example.

They could've just said screw you and left it at that, but not only did they let Ascalonians live in their lands, they also sent White Mantle envoys (Ambassador Zahn) to Ascalon to try to help rebuild.
    The question that springs to mind here is, are ALL of the white mantle aware of their true motives?
    The high officials are, no doubt, as are the heavily armed forces - but what about the lower sections?
    Does everyone have to know they sacrifice innocents?
    I doubt it. Id rather think that the envoys were either sent to show good will, thus not looking like an agressor, or went on their own, because they simply WANT to do good things.

Also consider that under the rule of the White Mantle, which is indirectly the rule of the Mursaat, Kryta reached new levels of prosperity.
    And new levels of corruption. Think of the murder at hot springs. The white mantle killed someone without explanation, then discard the whole investigation.
    Surely they could explain why the man had to die?

In the end, I think we are too quick to believe the Shining Blade just because they are the resistance movement, and Glint, just because she is an ancient dragon.
    True enough.
    But weve never seen the Shining Blade to slaughter innocents(unless you count the White mantle), while weve seen the hatred in the White mantle.
    On the contrary, in one mission we have to help the Shining Blade to defend the chosen from giant spiders.

In other words, the survival of all of these people was dependant on the Mursaat.
    Im not convinced of that. Were the Mursaat really necessary to keep the titans in check?
    Didnt even the power of the bloodstones, full with souls of chose, enable the Vizier to open the door?

Has it really been said that the chosen are NECESSARY to power the bloodstones? Arent they themselves already concentrated magic?
    I think they rather used the soul-trapping ability of the bloodstones, to prevent the chosen from being ressurected.
    The Chosen are "chosen" because they are the blood descendants of King Doric, whose blood was used to seal the bloodstones before they were dropped into the volcano at the Ring of Fire by the Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman
    Im not convinced of that. Were the Mursaat really necessary to keep the titans in check?
    Didnt even the power of the bloodstones, full with souls of chose, enable the Vizier to open the door?
    The Vizier couldn't get the door open BECAUSE of the fact it was full of souls. He manipulated us to destroy the seals so that the souls of the chosen could be released in order to open the door. Unless I totally misunderstood that last question you asked, I think you were off base in your thoughts.

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Server

Piken Square
    Guild

WHGT
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Within
    The Vizier couldn't get the door open BECAUSE of the fact it was full of souls.
    Oh.
    In that case, forget what I said.

I think it's certainly possible that the mursaat race as we know it did ascend and that those who were not able to ascend remain in the desert as "ghosts" of their former selves, just like the other ghosts wandering the desert are humans which failed to ascend...
    Support the site! - Become a PAL

-= Mickey Of The Basin =-