PC Gaming News
    GWOnline.Net Member

What kind of rune you put on 15k armor?

hi I'm buying my 15k armor very soon (prolly today)
    but I wonder what kind of rune you should put on 15k armor.
    isn't that if you put on a rune you can't get it off right? so I should be extra careful about runes cuz this is the very first character of mine.

I'm buying the Aeromancer one cuz of look :) prettiest.
    and also cuz I'm using kinda lots of fire magic so I don't really know I should buy a superior fire rune.
    and also should I put on a superior vigor? but it's very expensive.

can anyone give me any advice? tell me what runes you put on your 15k armors, it'll help me alot, thank you.

GWOnline.Net Member
    By this point you are going to have max health, a sup vigor is a 50 hp and major vigor is 41 hp, so how much is 9 points worth to you.

Next is your attack rune. -75 is noticable but not to much at max health. +3 skills is definitely handy but only if you are plannig a max damage build. Also you might want to put that sup attack rune on you head piece, that way you can afford a sup rune and a minor rune, so when you start to get DP you can put on the minor rune and gain a bit of health back.

Finnaly, if you can those ettins outside of Bettltun, drop sups a lot. If you can come up with a good build you might just hit the motherload, sup vigor or sup absorbtion, and not have to worry about it.

I always put my superior vigor to chest piece.
    Superior rune to head piece of same attribute (like sup fire magic rune to flame's eye)
    Professions main attribute(like energy storage, fast casting, soul reaping etc...) minor rune to the pants and 2 other minor attribute runes(which I think I'll use most) to glowes and boots.

I made a mistake with my mesmer armors though. I'm always wearing same glowes even that I have 3 armor sets... And cause I always put sup vigor to the chest piece I've spent 3 sup vigors on my mesmer armors even that I could have had just 1 in my glowes

My advice:

- buy all 4 element's eyes.
    - put in each the corresponding superior rune.
    - put 1 vigor rune in the boots or the gloves.
    - put 1 minor energy storage in the boots or the gloves, opposite to the vigor rune.

That should deck you out. On tops, if you go dual-element, you can buy some minor runes of the "other" elements, too and put them into your chest or your pants.

Notice:
    Any rune can be overridden by another rune. Just apply the rune to the yet-runed-armor piece, confirm the question and your new rune replaces the older - regardless if its better or worse.

GWOnline.Net Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jancid Brennberg
    My advice:

- buy all 4 element's eyes.
    - put in each the corresponding superior rune.
    - put 1 vigor rune in the boots or the gloves.
    - put 1 minor energy storage in the boots or the gloves, opposite to the vigor rune.

I have all the head pieces (all 5 actually). Personally, I put the vigor in the chest and the energy storage in the legs. Why? for cost reasons. I do have other pairs of gloves for secondary element runes so that I can switch them around. It is much cheaper to buy a couple pairs of gloves, (or even get them from a collector) then buy a couple chest pieces or leggings.