PC Gaming News
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'd be interested in doing VOG aswell, ign Alexander Zephyr

edit,
    btw is it just me or has the ascalon wizard tower disappeared after the searing or am just unable to find it
    Last edited by Adam Zephyr; 24-02-2006 at 23:02.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    IGN - Sarak Layghlin

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    My IGN is Quintus Antonious.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Zephyr
    I'd be interested in doing VOG aswell, ign Alexander Zephyr

edit,
    btw is it just me or has the ascalon wizard tower disappeared after the searing or am just unable to find it
    We aren't sure, the area where the Wizard's Tower is at is no longer explorable post-Searing. There is debris blocking the way to Wizard's Folly, I believe.

I just thought of something. The Wizard Tower's base looks awfully familiar. Then I realized what it was. It looks very similar to such sci-fi portals as the Guardian of Forever, in Star Trek: The Original Series, the Iconian Portals in Star Trek: The Next Generation, Stargate in the Stargate series, and the Oblivion portal in the Elder Scrolls.

It is almost as if the part that is recessed into the ground is a portal, with the control section on top to regulate it. Perhaps the Wizard's Tower is the original structure Odrin used to regulate the portal.
    Last edited by Quintus Antonius; 25-02-2006 at 03:12.

edit: posted in wrong thread :(

IGN: Rilder The Hunter for the Kessex peak exploration.

As others have mentioned, that golem resembles the Enchanted in the Crystal Desert. Remember that the Forgotten at one time existed with the humans (including humans in Ascalon). This is evidenced by a timeline of the history of Tyria and the serpent paintings on Ascalon structures. Perhaps this golem was an experiment of the Forgotten, and shortly thereafter the Forgotten "left the world of men" and refined the golem to what they are today, the Enchanted, while the Ascalons kept the Forgotten towers as a place of study for magic, in keeping with the tradition of magic research conducted by the Forgotten.

As for the possibility that the Ascalon Wizard Tower being the place where Lord Odran entered the Rift, perhaps this was where the Forgetten "stepped out of the Rift" as well, and they built the wizard towers to indicate the places where the boundaries between Tyria and the Rift are thin.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctus Redryn
    As others have mentioned, that golem resembles the Enchanted in the Crystal Desert. Remember that the Forgotten at one time existed with the humans (including humans in Ascalon). This is evidenced by a timeline of the history of Tyria and the serpent paintings on Ascalon structures. Perhaps this golem was an experiment of the Forgotten, and shortly thereafter the Forgotten "left the world of men" and refined the golem to what they are today, the Enchanted, while the Ascalons kept the Forgotten towers as a place of study for magic, in keeping with the tradition of magic research conducted by the Forgotten.

As for the possibility that the Ascalon Wizard Tower being the place where Lord Odran entered the Rift, perhaps this was where the Forgetten "stepped out of the Rift" as well, and they built the wizard towers to indicate the places where the boundaries between Tyria and the Rift are thin.
    We don't have evidence idicating that. The Manuscripts seems to indicate that the Forgotten were created by the gods, not otherworldly.

I was thinking that maybe the Tower Golem was made as, possibly a prototype of the enchanted in the desert. I'm not very good at this lore stuff, but I was thinking, that if the catacombs theory of connectivity between Ascalon and the desert, then maybe the Forgotten created it, sent it to Ascalon, and if it came back they'd make more. But maybe since the Catacombs got destroyed it couldn't come back. Thus causing the Forgotten to change the Enchanted Armor's outward appearance and probably other unseen attributes. Just a theory. I doubt there is any real way to test this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius
    We don't have evidence idicating that. The Manuscripts seems to indicate that the Forgotten were created by the gods, not otherworldly.
    Quote Originally Posted by www.guildwars.com
    It was almost three thousand years ago that a race of serpents stepped out of the Rift onto the soil of Tyria. Unlike ordinary serpents, these moved upright, used language, and adhered to an elaborate culture.
    I believe this refers to the Forgotten, so apparently they did come from the Rift (I hope posting the site name is allowed, since it is not a competing site). If you want to read more, as the rest of the long passage seems to point even more in the direction of the Forgotten, try the World section of www.guildwars.com.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctus Redryn
    I believe this refers to the Forgotten, so apparently they did come from the Rift (I hope posting the site name is allowed, since it is not a competing site). If you want to read more, as the rest of the long passage seems to point even more in the direction of the Forgotten, try the World section of www.guildwars.com.
    Yes, my mistake, I overlooked that in the Manuscripts. It appears the Forgotten were, in fact, summoned by the gods, not created. I apologize for saying otherwise.

Hey, I'm only human right?