PC Gaming News
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Hey Guys,

I've only got 2 of my character slots used, so I'll head up to Wizards Folly in Pre-sear and take some screenies. I never noticed the runes on the pillars around the Tower, and I'm interested in seeing whether they have any reference to the Talmark ones.

Also, with relation to Wizard's Folly's dissapearance, there seems to me (at least by looking at the map) no reason why its excluded, except maybe the Anet descided that it would be too hard to do destroyed? Although I dont think this really applies...It was probably removed because it no longer contains any story elements, and would have been a bery long walk from the nearest outpost (Sardelac Sanitarium) so early in post-searing.

Here is the crossover image, with both maps blended together (region maps from GWOnline) It is a little hard to see, so my suggestion would be to save the image to your computer and zoom in on the areas you wish to look at.

Mularc

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mularc Templare
    Hey Guys,

I've only got 2 of my character slots used, so I'll head up to Wizards Folly in Pre-sear and take some screenies. I never noticed the runes on the pillars around the Tower, and I'm interested in seeing whether they have any reference to the Talmark ones.

Also, with relation to Wizard's Folly's dissapearance, there seems to me (at least by looking at the map) no reason why its excluded, except maybe the Anet descided that it would be too hard to do destroyed? Although I dont think this really applies...It was probably removed because it no longer contains any story elements, and would have been a bery long walk from the nearest outpost (Sardelac Sanitarium) so early in post-searing.

Here is the crossover image, with both maps blended together (region maps from GWOnline) It is a little hard to see, so my suggestion would be to save the image to your computer and zoom in on the areas you wish to look at.

Mularc
    Well, in game, the way out there is completely blocked off. I'd agree with you in that there is just nothing of interest out there anymore, but for lore sake, I'd say that when the Searing hit, it caused landslides from the mountains and totally annihilated the place.
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

I think I probably have to agree Quintus. The mountains "move back" a fair way after the searing, and the area where Barridan's Estate is is shown with a blurred crack line - it is probably a rift created when the Searing hit.

I headed out there just a few hours ago, and found the spires only contain one symbol - an arrow pointing up. It is on two of the spires at their bases. Oh, and I thought up a reason why there is no door. If the building did really belong to Lord Ordan, he wouldn't need it - his magic was all about minipulating space. When he wanted to get in, he'd make a door appear.

Oh and on another note, I think the theory that the building may have had floating stones like the ones we see at the castle in Kryta (dont know the guys name, sorry) may be true - all along the edge of that area is a stone wall, partially obscured. It could just be that the building just had the wall like that, but I think due to the amount of snow and excetra, plus the fact most of the wall is obscured - with "cliffs" of snow behind - the building probably dates way back.

Not my most eloquent post ever, but you get the gist,

Mularc

my mistake on the droks thing, thank you for realizing it
    on another note i vaguely remember seeing a floating castle durring the preview of factions near the turtle obseratory unfortunatly i dont have a screenshot as i just reacently got into lore and didnt really think about it
    but it does look alot loke the one in presearing

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Antonius
    That's Witman's Folly, not Wizard's Folly. Witman was an explorer from Ascalon that, along with Tasca, explored and mapped the Shiverpeaks twenty-four years ago. As far as we know, they were killed by Stone Summit Dwarves.
    well we know that one of them is still alive, you meet him in a sorrows furnace quest

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Nietzsche
    well we know that one of them is still alive, you meet him in a sorrows furnace quest
    Seriously? That's a great tidbit of information there. If possible, can you go to Sorrow's Furnance and get pictures of him/her and screenshot any conversations relating to him/her?
    |||Quintus Antonius Adepphius Philologus Tyrianicus Canthacus Elonacus Durheimus|||

Sorry to be lazy, but here's a link:

GuildWiki - Marshall Whitman

Sorry if this is not allowed. I've read the rules, but it is in the name of science, yes? If it's not allowed please delete ASAP.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    It's fine. Thank you for the link, I shall read it.

EDIT: I read it. So, they were only taken by Stone Summit, they weren't killed by them. They are both men, and Tasca died by a fall, supposedly. Good bit of information there. Who says ANet doesn't put little pieces of lore in the game?

Thanks for the information.

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

BaR; Dii
    I've been wanting to do that quest but it's difficult putting together a competent group that isn't hell-bent on farming

Achievements:
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    I'm up for it. I can bring Guildies. So if I'm ever on, send me a message, and we will see what we can do.