PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: want to do dmg.

Medicora

want to do dmg.

im thinking of starting a new character and i wanna do dmg dmg dmg.

what proffessions are good dmg dealers? (x/x)

Elementalist or Warrior, for the most part. Warriors can do somewhat large amounts of damage once they've built up adrenaline, Elementalists (at least the fire and lightning versions) are essentially energy->damage conversion machines. Secondary depends, a lot of eles go E/Me in order to echo high damage spells, warriors it varies more. Secondary also isn't as important if you're going to the endgame since it can be switched.

well,

you can deal alot of damage with any proffession.

Quote Originally Posted by Medicora

Warriors are. Get your weapon mastery to 16, load up on adrenaline attacks, and go for it.

GWOnline.Net Member
    I agree that in PvP, warriors are great damage dealers, but in my experience they are NOT the big damage dealers of PvE.

More often, the warrior fills the role of "tank" or damage sponge, which they do very well. At lower levels my warrior seemed to do great damage, but by the time I got to the Southern Shiverpeaks or Fire Islands, my warrior's damage felt very small. Now maybe I just didn't spec 100% for damage, but in my experience an Elementalist puts up a LOT more damage in pve.

In PvP though...warriors get to be the bull in the china shop. Slashing things here, causing havok over there.

I guess the real difference is that in PvE you are often the first target (since you're out in front), so you take a LOT of damage. Either you spec to take the damage, or you pray you have some great monks behind you. In PvP you normally aren't killed immediately. Maybe hexed, maybe crippled or blinded, but rarely killed. So you can safely focus on dealing damage.

I found that in PvE, my ranger did more damage than my warrior, and eles do more damage than both. In PvP...any of those can post big numbers in the right build.

(I have no PvE experience with Necros...though they appear to also do lots of damage when speced for SS or Blood, and most people seem to find them fun to play)

GWOnline.Net Member Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran6 months registered1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Warriors do the most damage once they get adrenaline.
    Mesmers will do the most damage to enemies that are higher level or have high defense
    Elementalists will do the most damage to enemies in an area
    Necromacers will do the most damage to enemies that are protected by enchantments.
    Rangers will do the most damage to enemies that are spread out.

Monks can do damage too, but the recharge is horrible on every smite skill except for scourge.

Mesmers can do a lot of situational armour ignoring damage, but it's not often focused or noticeable. Energy denial and interupting is rather empowering though. Remember, if 5 energy on a monk would have healed 100 damage, then burning 10 energy off a monk is 200 + 80 pseudo damage. So, as far as their monks are concerned, you're the one dealing the most damage.

Try watching a few GvG matches in Obs mode and see what you like the look of.

Edit: Wastrel's Worry vs Warriors with HoD... hmms.
    Last edited by Metanoia; 25-02-2006 at 05:37.

GWOnline.Net Member
    go for pve warriors if u wanna start one instead of pve ele.
    pve wars has lots of advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Medicora

I haven't been playing GW very long, but I found that Ele's, Rangers and Warriors tend to cause the most damage in PvE. However, I myself dont like playing the Ele that much. I also found that a Necro on Blood is quite nice. Damage aint that high like with a Warrior, but due to the health stealing of Blood you tend to live much longer then the rest.

Impulser

Rangers can hurt some too

For my opinion Ele's are the best dmg dealers then come the warriors and after them the ranger got less importance.
    Ranger with Good prepration and good marksmanship can cause seriuos troble.

But it all depends on what kind of dmg u wanna do...?
    Area? spike?