PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Influx of surging, humongous crowds of Rt/A or A/Rt?

I currently have a W/N, E/R and Mo/Me. They are all lvl20 and have either completed the game or are at the end of it. I dont have all skills but if i needed to unlock one I can do so by taking the quest or buying it.

My forth slot is for my pvp character.

When Factions arrives i will be forced to make either Rt/A or A/Rt so i can unlock their skills and im sure most people will be doing this. This means that there will be **** LOADS of these players and EVEN less mesmers, necros and monks. The result? Its impossible to get groups if your Rt/A or A/Rt.

What do you all think?

There will be a large influx of Assassins and Ritualists, but there will also be new people.

There will be flood for a while, but hopefully most people wont just mix for skills.

At the very least, Rts can be healers and assassins can deal out nice damage so even with an influx rebuilding will make life easier.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran10K Posts1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drug Face Face
    I currently have a W/N, E/R and Mo/Me. They are all lvl20 and have either completed the game or are at the end of it. I dont have all skills but if i needed to unlock one I can do so by taking the quest or buying it.

My forth slot is for my pvp character.

When Factions arrives i will be forced to make either Rt/A or A/Rt so i can unlock their skills and im sure most people will be doing this. This means that there will be **** LOADS of these players and EVEN less mesmers, necros and monks. The result? Its impossible to get groups if your Rt/A or A/Rt.

What do you all think?
    I think it's too early for me to even spare a thought about it, let alone worry about it.
    I also think I fixed your title so it at least won't advertise the fact that you were thwarted by the word filter.
    mv

And there will be more character slots. So different combinations than 2 mentioned will appear.

GWOnline.Net Member
    We won't know for sure the number of A/Ri hybrids running around until we find out how many character slots we'll be getting. If we're only given one, then yes, they will probably be tons of A/Ri and Ri/A. But if we're given at least 2 slots (let's cross our fingers) that will be enough to make a character of each profession while still keeping a pvp slot open.

well, unlike you, alot of us havnt done all six professions of even raised three charachters. i think some people will still use current proffessions with the new one. ill prolly make a ne/rt or rt/ne cuz i havnt don a necro yet.

well, by all the game magazines i have read about guildwars in the last few months, were only gettng 1 more slot, so i think well see a bunch of new and old players that will want to play the new proffesions at the start of the game, but we will also get the chance to play the beta in the near future, as i was told that march 24 will begin the beta testing for everyone that has a GW account. Hopefullt those of us with 3 characters allreaedy(last spot reserved for pvp character) we will not jion the throng in creating the assassin and ritualist right off the bat, and actually use the characters we have to help make the game better, at leat until i get one two characters through the next chapter myself :)

GWOnline.Net Member ColdwaveKid's Avatar
    A/Ri as my first character here. Then when he is all unlocked, I will delete him for a Me/E or a R/W Beastmaster.

I suspect that we will see a lot of A/Ris and Ri/As in the first weeks after Factions is released- some people once want to go through the PvE campaign one more time to unlock their skills for PvP. However, as Gaile's said, eventually the new classes will integrate with the old ones and they'll balance out.

I for one will be making an A/R and a N/Ri (and praying that we get at least 2 character slots).

i just hate people that rush though the game, then a month after they scream "i am bored"
    if we get 2 spots i really gonna make a Rt/N and a A/W (sephiroth FTW )
    i cant wait to visit the jade mines and see the frozen sea monsters