PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Glint, Friend Or Villain in Dragon's Clothing?

Hmm..ok.. This may sound krazy to some of you as you all might or might not komplete the game.. but still know of the Dragon Glint... But do we "Really" know Glint?

I mean.. don't mind me but.. What if.. The lich wasn't the bad guy as everyone thinks... Perhaps..The Lich was just there to kill Glint to prevent something? Maybe The Lich had somethin else in mind.. Yes yes.. i know what you're all thinkin.. All the game Cinematics already proved that The Lich was going to Destroy all of Tyria and that he's sending all his burning titans to kill everyone. But Perhaps, He was doing all of us a fovr.. Just that maybe we do not know that. Yes.. he Summoned undead to kill innocents of Kryta and other what-nots in the kontinent. But still, Why Kill Humans? I mean from the fact that the game already told us that he wanted to end all life. Did any of us thought that The Lich was sent by the Old Gods? And Perhaps, Glint kould be a renegade, Newly evolved Gianticus Lupicus into what we term by Dragons? For all we know, The Bone Dragons in Kryta's swamps kould be the result between the Fight of the Old Gianticus Lupicus and the New evolved speices. I mean, Glint IS the onli Dragon left.... Perhaps, During the Old Days, Even Before Ascalon was built or Kryta or Orr, There was a Heretic amongst the Great Serpents that overlooked the Earth and the Old Gods foresaw its koming transgression. For, The Heretic AKA Dragon.. was a newly evloved Great Serpent.. It was More Agile, Stronger and Wiser than the previous species. When The Old Gods Banished the Heretic to the land of Kryta, It probably had many other offsprings, for the Great Serpents didn't really have to mate to reproduce rite? So.. My theory is that Perhaps After the War between the Great Serpents and the Dragons which was Global, Glint was the last of Its kind.. Thats Why it chose to hide in the Crystal Desert, Waiting For an Opportunity to Strike Back at the Gods, By doing so, She influenced the Inhabits <humans> without alarming the Old Gods of its actions. BY uniting the 2 reamining Human Kingdoms due to the "charr incidents".. She now tried to bring a certain amount of humans to do her bidding.. <us>. And also.. Maybe Charr was under the influence of Glint as well. So my theory now is that The Lich was but a mistaken Agent of the Old Gods. Just that, Glint Brainwashed all of us. The Lich was supposed to kill humans so that they kould be saved. Perhaps The Old Gods has Provided another "earth" for the Killed ones. And Glint wasn't going to allow that to happen.

So thats my Theory....

Glint was the first creature created by the old gods, not that that means they made the right decision... they gifted magic to the land of Tyria and look how that turned out. Whilst Glint foretold the Flameseeker Prophecies, we do not know her motivation for doing so.

I'm still convinced that Glint didn't 'foretell' the Flameseeker Prophecies at all. Rather, it was a cunning maneuver on her part to shape the outcome of history as she wanted, by manipulating humans, the Charr, the Mursaat and more into doing what she wanted. It's still unknown if Glint is 'evil' in the traditional sense of the word; she might be doing all of this for some greater purpose that we can't fathom.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxares
    I'm still convinced that Glint didn't 'foretell' the Flameseeker Prophecies at all. Rather, it was a cunning maneuver on her part to shape the outcome of history as she wanted, by manipulating humans, the Charr, the Mursaat and more into doing what she wanted. It's still unknown if Glint is 'evil' in the traditional sense of the word; she might be doing all of this for some greater purpose that we can't fathom.
    I agree with what you said there.

I'm assuming everyone here is at least partially familiar with the Shakesperean play Macbeth. Think of the three witches. They never actually did anything to Macbeth at all, all they did was wet his appetite a little bit, just enough to get him to start killing people in ambition. Their "prophecy" was just a game they were playing with the characters for their own amusement. It could be argued that none of the events of the play would have even happened had they not intially egged on Macbeth. Yet, they aren't the ones who killed King Duncan or Banquo, and they didn't usurp power, they just pushed Macbeth on. At one point in the play, they even tell Macbeth he is untouchable (or at least that's how he interperts it). So we see them taking an active part in their "prophecy" (actually their game), just to see Macbeth ruined, for no other reason than they wanted some fun.

I believe Glint operates in the same manner. She was just pushing the different parties on, probably to see who the strongest was, without actually directly interfering with any of the events. So yes, the FP weren't actually foretellings, but rather, her way of covering up what she was doing.

Glint probably has a major superiority complex, feeling she is a "higher" lifeform to any of the other races of Tyria, and thus, feels she can play these games without hurting anyone. Its like a researcher looking at bacterium on a slide. They are just bacteria right? No feelings, no emotions, we are humans and they aren't, and thus, we can do whatever we want to them, all for the benefit of science. Right? Same concept. To Glint, we are bacteria.

Still, I feel she is legitamately afraid of the Titans; and because we were the "winning" race, she employs us to try to defeat them. Once again, how do we fight bacteria? With antibiotics, which are just adapted versions of other bacteria and cells that can fight the invading bacterium. Because we have proven to be the strongest race, we are Glint's antibiotic against the Titans. Think about it? If Glint knew about everything that was going to happen, why didn't she just appear to us in Pre-Searing Ascalon and tell us what was going to happen, or better yet, appear to Alderbern in order to stop the Searing before it happened?

I'm telling you, Glint is shady.

Glint had only one thing in mind! Finishing the Flameseeker Prophecies! Also when someone Foretells a Prophecy That means they dont actualy put a hand in it unless it was Foretold that they do! Otherwise the Foreteller sits on the sidelines watching what happens (why? because its destined to happen!)

As for the litch..He is evil...How could killing us all be doing us a favor? The Litch has had only one goal since he was created in the Cataclysm, To Destroy all Humans. He has no other motive.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero RoGuE

Glint had only one thing in mind! Finishing the Flameseeker Prophecies! Also when someone Foretells a Prophecy That means they dont actualy put a hand in it unless it was Foretold that they do! Otherwise the Foreteller sits on the sidelines watching what happens (why? because its destined to happen!)
    Uh...that's not necessarily the case. Once again, I refer to Macbeth. The Witches foretold that Macbeth would be Thane of Cawdor and King of Scotland, they also foretold that he would be killed by Macduff, albeit in a cryptic sort of way. Throughout the story, they push Macbeth on, even though they foretold his "destiny".

You see, by foretelling something, and revealing "destiny" to people, you are effecting the overall outcome anyway, by making people aware of what is going to happen, you change the possible outcome by introducing new factors into the enviroment.

Many parties were aware of the FP other than just Glint. The Mursaat knew, the Forgotten probably knew (being so close to Glint), and the Lich knew. By having knowledge of "destiny", their overall "destiny" was affected.

My thoughts exactly! we have no idea wat her plans are.. but.. One ting we do know... What does she intend to do with the scepter of Orr? MAybe factions may explain more?

<opinions?>

I never trusted Glint, as she cackles rather creepily in the jungle missions, and is manipultaing people. Bit dodgy, to be honest.

He wanted to conquer Tyria, not just destroy the humans. But why just Tyria and not the entire world? :p

Quote Originally Posted by teh Monkeys
    He wanted to conquer Tyria, not just destroy the humans. But why just Tyria and not the entire world? :p
    Because they didnt want to give factions away soon as the first one came out:)