PC Gaming News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts10000 Experience Points
    Server

Stormbluff Isle
    Guild

Blade and Rose [BaR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Nietzsche
    That tent is identical to the tent covering the merchant area in LA..suggesting its a merchant tent in Ascalon too perhaps:

Seems logical to me. The difference between the two is the fact that there is nothing, at least to my knowledge, under the Ascalonian tent.

I find it as odd as the White Mantle flags in the Ascalonian Arena in Pre-searing. :p

Achievements:
    10 PostsVeteran1,000 Posts5000 Experience Points6 months registered
    Guild

Lunatic Court [MAD]
    Now, that's something I never noticed before. That's even MORE odd!

Quote Originally Posted by Konig Des Todes View Post
    I find it as odd as the White Mantle flags in the Ascalonian Arena in Pre-searing. :p
    Dunno if anyone has adressed this issue already, but here we go: Before the searing, there was diplomatic contact or whatever you want to call it between Ascalon and Kryta. Kryta at the time was ruled by the white mantle. There's your answer. Maybe it's the Krytan embassy or whatever.

weren't Kryta and Ascalon in a fight back in pre-searing?

Not an entirely consistent move, but seeing the interest raised and the topic, I decided to shift the posts to this old thread on the matter.

As to your answer Tim, that isn't entirely accurate. The date at the period of Pre-Searing is quite unclear, so we cannot say with certainty that the White Mantle were the ruling class just yet. This is only compounded by the fact that we have Ascalonian guards mentioning Ascalon's Chosen fighting an Orrian guild, suggesting that when we're playing is only just shortly after the beginning of the Charr invasion, since the Guild Wars were ended by the invasion.

And Nohjo, at one point they were, but it would seem by the time of Pre-Searing the Charr invasion has, at least, halted hostility between Kryta and Ascalon, since they're the two targets under attack at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Paradox View Post
    Dunno if anyone has adressed this issue already, but here we go: Before the searing, there was diplomatic contact or whatever you want to call it between Ascalon and Kryta. Kryta at the time was ruled by the white mantle. There's your answer. Maybe it's the Krytan embassy or whatever.
    I only have one thing to bring up to shut this down.

Ambassador Zain was the first ambassador to Ascalon by the White Mantle. And he just showed up.

Fine. In that case *I* have one thing to bring up yo shut the entire lore forum down. It's a game, and the devs weren't trying to make a world that is historically accurate. They needed a banner so they took what they had available.

Perhaps I should clarify, as I was reviewing that information, it did appear a bit clearer that all of that could have been occurring without it screwing up the timeline. The White Mantle could have existed back then, but it remains that the royalty may have still been in power at the time. We do see Krytans in Ascalon during Pre-Searing, after all, so while Zain may have been the first ambassador to Ascalon sent by the White Mantle, this could easily be the White Mantle's actions as governing body of Kryta whereas previous presence would have been an upstart religious group and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Paradox View Post
    Fine. In that case *I* have one thing to bring up yo shut the entire lore forum down. It's a game, and the devs weren't trying to make a world that is historically accurate. They needed a banner so they took what they had available.
    Everything, except for the removed or beta lore are non-contradicting once you take a look at this.

This is possibly the only thing which is contradicting. It is a game, but we here are nerds and thus look into the lore of the game. While in the get go there might have been little interest in making lore important, even before the game's release the devs have been interested in the lore.