PC Gaming News

Character Selection Screen Not Auto-Arranging Characters?

I frequently create and delete characters, especially for PvP. I noticed that the game would automatically arrange characters alphabetically, or re-arrange them and move all characters to the left whenever a character was deleted and left an empty slot.

(A) (B) (C) (D)

Or

(E) (F) (G) (_)

But after the last update, it seems this is no longer the case. I have character whose name starts with A, a character whose name starts with S, then one with T. I made a character who would be alphabetically be between A and S, then deleted him. The game didn't move S and T to the left to take up his slot or move the empty slot to the right. So, currently, my slots read:

(A) (_) (S) (T)

I even tried making a character whose name began with Z to take up the empty space and perhaps cause the game to arrange my character slots properly. Nothing happened except that I had a new character.

(A) (Z) (S) (T)

It should have been:

(A) (S) (T) (Z) - alphabetical

Deleted, it's back to:

(A) (_) (S) (T)

I'm sorry for being obsessive-compulsive, but I like seeing my character slots organized. And I'm wondering where this tiny feature went.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10 PostsVeteranCreated Album picturesBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

[GWO]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Experimentor
    I'm sorry for being obsessive-compulsive, but I like seeing my character slots organized.

I never thought about the characters been listed in alphabetical order. I don't see a problem now with 4 (soon with 6) characters, because there should not be a big problem with seeing differences.

But if we happen to get 24 new character slots....

Just teasing, don't get mad at me
    Gorani's Guild Wars legacy & the Kurzick Poet NPC in GW1
    * Member of [GWO] & The Zoo Crew * Everything about the Elementalist on the forums *
    Gaile Gray: "See Gorani's post, I note several ideas that might be doable and that seem very logical."

I would like this feature back too. Oh well, we can't have everything, can we? (But why was it removed?)

oxxo
    funny thing is somehow you can trigger it (still remains as a bug) and causes problems for those that didn't want our slots all rearranged