PC Gaming News

Thread: Deja-vu Build

Deja-vu Build

Just having some fun with GWFreaks (hope I didn't get any in the wrong line again like I did with my ritualist build) and came up with the following A/Ra build built around Repeating Strike:

Dagger Mastery: 16 (12+4)
    Deadly Arts: 12 (11+1)
    Critical Strikes: 3 (2+1)
    Wilderness Survival: 6

Jagged Strike (Dagger Mastery)
    Lead Attack. If Jagged Strike hits, your target suffers from Bleeding for 9 seconds.
    Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:6

Wild Strike (Dagger Mastery)
    Off-Hand Attack. Must follow a lead attack. If it hits, this attack strikes for +21 damage and target foe loses all stances.
    Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:4

Repeating Strike (Dagger Mastery)
    Off-Hand Attack. Must follow an off-hand attack. If it hits, this attack strikes for +21 damage. If it misses, it takes an additional 15 seconds to recharge.
    Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:0

Exhausting Failure (Dagger Mastery)
    Dual Attack. Must follow an off-hand attack. Target foe's action is interrupted. If that action was casting a spell, target foe suffers from exhaustion.
    Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:10

Way of the Empty Palm [Elite] (Deadly Arts)
    Enchantment. For 17 seconds, off-hand and dual attacks cost no Energy.
    Energy:5 Cast:1 Recharge:30

Dryder's Defenses (Wilderness Survival)
    Stance. For 7 seconds, you gain 75% chance to evade attacks and 44 armor against elemental damage
    Energy:5 Cast:0 Recharge:60

Troll Unguent (Wilderness Survival)
    Skill. For 10 seconds, you gain Health regeneration +6.
    Energy:5 Cast:3 Recharge:10

Resurrection Signet ()
    Resurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. You may use this Signet only once per mission.
    Energy:0 Cast:3 Recharge:0

Nothing fancy here: fire off WotEP and charge in. Start with Jagged Strike, next Wild Strike, then Repeating Strike ad infinitum (or until Way of the Empty Palm runs out). If they start casting something nasty, pop 'em with Exhausting Failure. Then you can either run or go back to Jagged, if it's recharged.

Well, it's far from the worst I've seen

Jagged + Wild Strike is a solid choice to set up Repeating, and I think Exhausting is a better choice for this build than the soon to be ever-present Twisting Fangs. Way of the Empty Palm will obviously does great things for you energy management, which does a little to explain the horribly low Critical Strikes attribute. There is however, one very simple thing that will make this build far less effective than it should be - running away.

Assassins may not be 'the new warrior', but they are still a melee class, and need to obey the basic rules. If you want to kill anything you need either a snare or a speed boost (preferably both). My suggestion would be to drop Wilderness Survival, and put the points (plus an extra minor rune) into Shadow Arts. Shadow Refuge won't heal as much as Troll's Unguent, but it does combine the benefits of both the Ranger skills you've picked, freeing up a slot for another skill. My choice for that would be to take the excellent Siphon Speed, making full use of your high Deadly Arts. Expose Defences to give your Repeating a little more surety would also be a fine addition.

thats a good build, an im trying to find a good one to go up agaist the doppleganger right of the bat so if u could mod so that it doesn't have an elite that would be great...(guild event to get assassin fow right of the bat)... only reason i want to do ranger is b/c i have a ranger primary and im going to use the spirit trick (just go to ascalon and buy them all b/c of that new update where if u unlocked it already u can go to any skill trainer )... but yea if u could mod it that would be great...

maybe:

Way of the Lotus - Hex Spell
    For 10...30 seconds, the next time you hit a foe with a dual attack, you gain 5...13 energy.

instead of the elite? would that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Invictus
    thats a good build, an im trying to find a good one to go up agaist the doppleganger right of the bat so if u could mod so that it doesn't have an elite that would be great...(guild event to get assassin fow right of the bat)... only reason i want to do ranger is b/c i have a ranger primary and im going to use the spirit trick (just go to ascalon and buy them all b/c of that new update where if u unlocked it already u can go to any skill trainer )... but yea if u could mod it that would be great...

maybe:

Way of the Lotus - Hex Spell
    For 10...30 seconds, the next time you hit a foe with a dual attack, you gain 5...13 energy.

instead of the elite? would that work?
    Heh -- it was mainly just for fun, but...

...the point of the build is to spam Repeating Attack, so Lotus wouldn't work. Maybe go with a Monk Secondary and put Essence Bond and/or Balth Spirit on yourself? You can then throw all your Deadly Arts points into Critical Strike and get some points that way?

Actually, if you're going to dump all your extra points in Critical Strike anyway, you could use Critical Eye for energy.

Again, haven't really put a lot of thought into it, but maybe I'll try it anyway.