PC Gaming News

Equinox + Arcane Langour (+QZ?)

This is a pretty obvious combo. Every time target foe casts a spell, he loses two times the amount of exhaustion. This is probably the most powerful form of caster denial besides blackout, and im very interested if anyone tried it during the preview and how it worked for them.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop sandwich
    This is a pretty obvious combo. Every time target foe casts a spell, he loses two times the amount of exhaustion. This is probably the most powerful form of caster denial besides blackout, and im very interested if anyone tried it during the preview and how it worked for them.
    Arcane Languor is 10/2/15 and lasts 1..4 seconds with FAST CAST attribute.

So... can we just agree that the guy can wait it out?

Shhhhh, dont tell the others....

Quote Originally Posted by Patccmoi
    Arcane Languor is 10/2/15 and lasts 1..4 seconds with FAST CAST attribute.

So... can we just agree that the guy can wait it out?
    yes 'the guy' can wait it out, if you're talking about whomever is afflicted with arcane languor. however, the original purpose of my post was to find out if anyone tried the combo. Did you?

They're both elites, so your combo would requires you to convince someone else to bring either of those skills (and no matter which you bring along and try to convince someone else to bring the other, it's gonna be a bit tough).

But in all honesty I can think of far better ways of shutting casters down than Arcane Langour and Equinox. Against good players, Diversion works better at shutdown as it will prevent them from casting for 6 seconds as opposed to the 4 seconds of AL. Against bad players, Diversion still trumps AL because I'd rather shut down a skill for 40 seconds than give him a negligible amount of exhaustion.

But to answer yout question, no, I did not try it out and, with the skills as what they are now, I don't really intend to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop sandwich
    Heh, you and I seem to have had the same ideas:

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=391977

No one thinks much of it, but it could be decent if executed properly. I adjusted the stats with my team combo build, so now AL reads like this:

Arcane Languor
    Description: For 5 seconds, all spells cast by target foe causes double exhaustion. This is an elite skill.

Energy Cost: 10
    Activation Time: 1 Second
    Recharge Time: 10 Seconds
    Linked Attribute: Fast Casting. Increases duration.
    Skill Type: Stance.
    The bold shows all the improvements that happen to Arcane Languor in my team combo build with the right stats (Mesmer and Ranger with these elites). I plan to cast this along with Diversion spam for constant caster harassment... two spell catches and they are at 40E exhaustion. I'll test this idea in and out once the final release happens.... perhaps you want to join me?

well having 2 mesmer elites kinda cancels out the point because if 2 mesmers gets on 1 target and castes those 2 skills they can wait out 4 secs -.- it wouldnt be a problem diversion is much better. making it last 6 seconds they can wait 2 secs longer or they can accidently or unskilled cast a spell and wait 56 secs for it to recharge. it really screws up monks to when there happy casting orison and kiss and so forth when there team is getting dmged badly