PC Gaming News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fun to farm

Fun to farm

Fun places to farm
    Disclaimer: This guide is ment to let people have fun and inspire people to seek out other places to farm than the normal ones (trolls in droks, sf, and 55ing the UW etcetera) and not to make money.

Degen farming.
    Required: a long term degen skill and some running skills.
    Foes: everything that can rip you apart in seconds and can be run away from
    My way: a ranger with poison arrow and the hydras outside augury.
    Strategy: choose your target, start the degen and run like hell, when the degen stops just restart it before the target regens.

Godmode farming:
    Required: a neat amount of armor and something to do damage.
    Foes: everything in ascalon and similar low level regions.
    My way: a w/e with inferno and aftershock and the grawls outside ruins of surmia.
    Strategy: seek a enemy, start doing cartwheels in front of his nose and enjoy the -0s above your head and when this gets boring start enjoying the -104s above the enemy’s head

Leeroy farming:
    Required: warrior primary or secondary and a close combat weapon. And a hench team for even more fun.
    Foes: large mobs of high level farming( the more the better)
    My way: sorrow furnace (leave killroy home, it will be too easy)
    Strategy: shout whaagh! or something like it and charge into the mob, aggro lots of them and die. Ignore the -15% in the left upper corner and charge again into the mob, aggro lots of them and die. Ignore the -30% in the left upper corner and charge again into the mob, aggro lots of them and die. Ignore the -45% in the left upper corner and charge again into the mob, aggro lots of them and die. Ignore the -60% in the left upper corner and charge again into the mob, aggro lots of them and die. and so on.

Group farming.
    Required: a non tank warrior primary and a spot in toa
    Foes: the group leaders.
    My way: shout “axe warrior lfg to uw/fow”
    Strategy: none as this is bloody impossible.

I appologize for any serious mauling of the english language as it is not my first language.

feel free to add more.
    Last edited by Brainbasher; 02-04-2006 at 19:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainbasher
    Group farming.
    Required: a non tank warrior primary and a spot in toa
    Foes: the group leaders.
    My way: shout “axe warrior lfg to uw/fow”
    Strategy: none as this is bloody impossible.

lol funny stuff ;)

I like to solo the front gate in the Nolani Academy mission. Instead of going around the long way, you can open the front gate. If you get the right spawn, about 30 charr rush through the gate. In a bad spawn, less than 5 will charge the gate.

Several different builds can solo this, I'm sure. My favorite is Blood skills + Corpse Explosion. Can take them all out within seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainbasher

Leeroy farming:
    Required: warrior primary or secondary and a close combat weapon. And a hench team for even more fun.
    Foes: large mobs of high level farming( the more the better)
    My way: sorrow furnace (leave killroy home, it will be too easy)
    Strategy: shout whaagh! or something like it and charge into the mob, aggro lots of them and die. Ignore the -15% in the left upper corner and charge again into the mob, aggro lots of them and die. Ignore the -30% in the left upper corner and charge again into the mob, aggro lots of them and die. Ignore the -45% in the left upper corner and charge again into the mob, aggro lots of them and die. Ignore the -60% in the left upper corner and charge again into the mob, aggro lots of them and die. and so on.
    Been there done that, more so the I prob. want to admit.

Moderator Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points1,000 Posts10K PostsBlogger
    Server

Aurora Glade
    Guild

GWOnline [GWO]
    I use a variant on the godmode farming.

Beastmaster Godmode Farming:
    Required: a ranger with a nice high level pet and some pet attack skills
    Foes: everything in ascalon and similar low level regions.
    My way: a R/x with all pet attacks, shouts, comfort, charm, and trolls and everywhere in the Greater Ascalon Area
    Strategy: seek a lot of enemies, as much as you can, let them surround your pet and start enjoying the show, you won't be hit, your pet will and he will eat them alive (even without pet attacks, they are a bonus).
    Lady Rhonwyn (sister of Danea, Katlinel, Gwendydd, and the rest)
    Guild leader of GWOnline [GWO]
    "Kind of a big mouth", "People Know Me, whether they like it or not", "I'm very vocal", "I wrote many leather bound books", "My Guild Hall is the forum", "Goddess posting amongst mere mortals" (courtesy of Cardinal Cyn)

For god mode or demi-god mode farmming, I like to farm outside the gates of Kryta and clear out every thing in scoundrels. The 2 fastest ways are with a MM and lvl 18 fiends/horrors or with a barrrage-pet ranger (just lke in the tombs)
    There are a few high lvl bog scales that you can get some purp/rares with good mods on them for selling/salvaging. btw they can strip enchantents

To see how good you realy are, argo the large mob of bog scales and the large mob of gargoyles at the same time and see how well you hadle all the degen from the curses and hexes all at once.

may i add something
    thousand blade farming
    take a W/N alot in curses and swordsmanship
    go to the last mission in ascalon
    take Mark of pain and hundred blades(elite)
    start the mission
    open the gate
    aggro as many melee charrs as possible
    cast mark of pain on the charr right before you
    use hundred blades
    see how many charrs you can take down with as less blows as possible :P

Quote Originally Posted by shadow the hero
    may i add something
    thousand blade farming
    take a W/N alot in curses and swordsmanship
    go to the last mission in ascalon
    take Mark of pain and hundred blades(elite)
    start the mission
    open the gate
    aggro as many melee charrs as possible
    cast mark of pain on the charr right before you
    use hundred blades
    see how many charrs you can take down with as less blows as possible :P
    Modification:

Ups, you are extinct species now.

R/watever

Skills:
    Edge of extinction
    Barrage

13 Bm
    16 Marks.

Personal record: 3 barrage salves for whole group :]

How about EoE + Phoenix? one spirit, one spell. The End.