Here's a cool concept that addresses a key concern for most offensive Assassin build's... energy and health management. In theory until I test it, the setup looks to be able to fight well by gaining mana and HP the more damage you inflict:
Dagger Mastery: 14
Deadly Arts: 10
Critical Strikes: 8
Expose Defenses: 8 seconds of ineffective evade/block skills vs. your attacks (Hex)
Black Mantis Thrust: 19 damage Lead, 14 second Cripple on the Hexed enemy
Jungle Strike: 19+27= 46 damage Off-Hand on a Crippled foe
Horn of the Ox: Knock down Double attack for 14x2= 28 damage
Falling Spider: Off-Hand poisons a fallen enemy for 19 seconds, 33 damage
Twisting Fangs: Dual Strike causes Deep Wound and Bleeding for 19 seconds, 10x2 = 20 damage
Victory is Mine!: Elite Shout. +49 health and +5E for each Condition on all enemies in the area
Full +energy armor and Zealous weapon mod is assumed until I can test to see if other options are possible.
Use every skill in the order listed above. Start with your Hex and you should be able to get each future attack to connect with ease. When you are done, you have laid down four Conditions on your foe: Cripple, Poison, Deep Wound, and Bleeding. All of that gives you a max total of 196 HP and +20E from this one victim alone.... more comes to you if surrounding enemies in the area are suffering too.
A team of Assassins with this build together can battle a long time I'm guessing if they keep racking up the Conditions on as many enemies as they can. A group of four Assassins using this concept in an 8v8 setup can get almost 800 HP and +80E every 15 seconds!
The stats were chosen for the following reasons:
- Dagger Mastery at 14 to maximize Dagger speed and DM skill damage while leaving room for points in other areas
- Critical Strikes is at 8 to maximize the amount of Crits possible in a non-Critical based build that still gets +2E each time you land one (I think L7 only gives you +1E)
- Deadly Arts is at 10 so that you can get 8 seconds of your skills not being dodged or blocked... L9 would make that 7 seconds and L12 takes too many points to get 9 seconds.
- Tactics gets the left overs of 10 points, which is still a high amount for a non-Warrior using four attributes.
The damage from one unaltered sequence is:
- 146 in skill damage (not counting Condition damage)
- 140 (estimate) in weapon damage, assuming an average of 20 damage per hit counting +20% damage mod and possible Crits
- 100 damage from DW on a 500 HP foe.
- Poison and Bleeding combine for -7 degen once your combo is done. It's 140 degen damage over 10s starting after the final hit of the combo
- +7E from Zealous alone, +4E to +8E on average from the Critical hits is a net total +11E to +15E as you battle.
Don't forget to yell "Victory is Mine!" to regain a ton of energy and plenty of HP. You're doing close to 400 damage from atacking with the main sequence. -7 degen and a few subsequent "normal" hits (giving you +1E and +2E with Zealous and Crits) as you recharge should finish them off in time if they can't heal/have no help. Your early Cripple hit ensures they stay close.
Your Hex (10s recharge) and Lead attack (12s recharge) should be ready in five seconds or so, with the other skills falling in line after that well before you get to them in your chain. If he survived the first skirmish, you should have all your energy back to give him another full dose in no time. Yet another way an Assassin lives up to his name.